Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michio Kaku: 'teleportation will be possible'

UM-Bot

Thanks Mr Walker - you said that it was "Synthesising elements" NOTHING Like that is stated in the article.

Me,. I would have apologised for getting it wrong and trying to misleading the forum, but you... more bluster.

Ok so how would you word it To me they are taking a variety of raw materials and using a template and a machine creating food for specific individuals That is a process of synthesisation of a finished product from the raw materials. That is precisely what the star trek replicator did, Future technology isn't magic, or something impossible. it simply builds on, and extends, current knowledge and technology. When you get your first meal from a replicator you wont think of it as star trek technology but just another kitchen appliance.

Edited by Mr Walker

For heaven's sake look up ELEMENTs, and next time don't misuse the term. Secondly, this is a machine that cooks up food, NOT LIFE, let alone the duplication of a complete entity including their personality and every characteristic.

You really don't get the difference? It's like saying you have just folded up a paper dart and now you can get to Mars....

So I give up. Welcome to my ignore list, and may I say that the pigeonhole I had been gradually building up for you has been proved 100% correct..

• Like 3

I can only laugh at your pessimism.

100 years ago you would have been deriding satellites, television, organ transplants, bionic eyes and ears , prosthetics controlled by thought, computers and certainly mobile phones with video capabliity. You would have laughed at anyone who suggested polio and tetanus could be vaccinated against Knowing exactly where you were on the earth's surface ? IMpossible. Space stations and men on the moon. Pure scientism

You might even have been one of those people who thought travelling by plane would produce stresses on the human body which would be fatal. What do YOU think the world will be like in just 50 years time, let alone another century. or are you only capable of knocking what you fear, rather than seeing the future as it is very likely to be.

Exact response I expected !

Firstly it is in your own imagine that you extrapolate all that above stuff about me, it proves nothing whatsoever . I would have been doing this, I would have been doing that :-* ... how would you know? You base your ideas and what you think I am, against science ... but I am not.

I am against the spin you put on it, your surety about what you say will happen. You suffer hubris if you think we will be able to control all of nature with science - its what you said and what I was commenting on.

Then your 2nd paragraph extends your imagination about me further " You might even be .... "

All I have to do is point out that modern science has bought disadvantages as well ( everything from nuclear waste to plastic bird killing pollution etc etc .... need I explain ? ) .... for you to rant that I am against science (due to you postulating what sort of a person I am ... and I what I might be .

3 different subjects now - same tactics .

:su

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

For heaven's sake look up ELEMENTs, and next time don't misuse the term. Secondly, this is a machine that cooks up food, NOT LIFE, let alone the duplication of a complete entity including their personality and every characteristic.

You really don't get the difference? It's like saying you have just folded up a paper dart and now you can get to Mars....

So I give up. Welcome to my ignore list, and may I say that the pigeonhole I had been gradually building up for you has been proved 100% correct..

See ??? Exactly as I said !

I can predict the future

• Like 1

Firstly it is in your own imagine that you extrapolate all that above stuff about me, it proves nothing whatsoever . I would have been doing this, I would have been doing that :-* ... how would you know? You base your ideas and what you think I am, against science ... but I am not.

I am against the spin you put on it, your surety about what you say will happen. You suffer hubris if you think we will be able to control all of nature with science - its what you said and what I was commenting on.

Then your 2nd paragraph extends your imagination about me further " You might even be .... "

All I have to do is point out that modern science has bought disadvantages as well ( everything from nuclear waste to plastic bird killing pollution etc etc .... need I explain ? ) .... for you to rant that I am against science (due to you postulating what sort of a person I am ... and I what I might be .

Everything that you are saying is absolutely true. He's only a pseudo-scientist (a scientist wanabe) anyway so don't get upset at anything that he says. lol

Edited by rivendel

I was advised to treat and observe him as one would Basil Faulty .

But in an episode of Faulty Towers there is one 'annoying' friend (Roger) who keeps offering quips, sarcasm and exposing Basil's BS .....

its part of the entertainment ;)

basil_anniversary_fawlty_towers.png

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x151yjg_the-anniversary-11_lifestyle

@ 21.30 ;)

Edited by back to earth

You havent answered a single question . Science is a two edged sword, but its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages One only has to ask in which period of human history one would most like to live

No one KNOWS the future but it can be quite rationally and reasonably extrapolated from the present That's the beauty of science. Its predictable. And we HAVE to do such extrapolations for good governance and goal setting in any modern state. Population predictions energy usage new schools hospitals etc.

You havent answered a single question . Science is a two edged sword, but its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages One only has to ask in which period of human history one would most like to live

No one KNOWS the future but it can be quite rationally and reasonably extrapolated from the present That's the beauty of science. Its predictable. And we HAVE to do such extrapolations for good governance and goal setting in any modern state. Population predictions energy usage new schools hospitals etc.

What are you talking about ... what questions ?

You quote me then state I haven't answered any questions . You make a whole lot of assumptions about what I think, feel, would have done .... think you have made some type of point or argument then state that I haven't answered a single question ? ? ?

I can though, tell you which period of history I don't want live in ... in the future . with all the worsening pollution, more dead birds, more polluted air, more uranium bullets scattered over the ground, no fish to eat, processed food and people pretending they are having conversations with badly made look alike robot 'androids' that are only responding with previous answers loaded into their memory banks a... and a bunch of people going around saying " Ohhh Ahhhh .... how much better is life today . " .

• Like 1

I had a look the only recent sentence ending with a question mark you addressed to me is actually a statement .

" You would have laughed at anyone who suggested polio and tetanus could be vaccinated against Knowing exactly where you were on the earth's surface ? "

Now ... for an alleged ex-teacher ... you should cane yourself for that effort ... whatever that sentence is supposed to mean ...

k9Z34eq6SF-2.png

That's what you do, make statements at people full of assumptions and Walker value judgements ... you probably thought you asked me questions ( well there was a trivial one about a star trek plot ) but .....

:no:

you getting more confused :-*

May I suggest adding an extra wheel ?

Volkswagen-Last-Mile-Surfer.jpg

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

I had a look the only recent sentence ending with a question mark you addressed to me is actually a statement .

" You would have laughed at anyone who suggested polio and tetanus could be vaccinated against Knowing exactly where you were on the earth's surface ? "

Now ... for an alleged ex-teacher ... you should cane yourself for that effort ... whatever that sentence is supposed to mean ...

k9Z34eq6SF-2.png

That's what you do, make statements at people full of assumptions and Walker value judgements ... you probably thought you asked me questions ( well there was a trivial one about a star trek plot ) but .....

:no:

you getting more confused :-*

May I suggest adding an extra wheel ?

Volkswagen-Last-Mile-Surfer.jpg

As an English teacher i can tell you that the question mark means it is NOT a statement, but a question, with a rising inflexion if spoken aloud. The sentence does not have to begin with would, to be a question. I was asking, are you the sort of person who would have laughed at those things if you were living at the start of the 20th century? You are the sort of person who would have laughed at such things? " Is again not a statement but a question. Say it out loud with the emphasis on the last 4 words and a hanging pause at the end,and you will realise this , BUT you are correct the real question i was asking did not have a question mark on it (yet it was clearly a question.)

Are you the sort of person who fears the future?" Can you envision the future as a positive place or are you only capable of knocking what you fear the future will be?

Edited by Mr Walker

It is teleportation of INFORMATION, the original is destroyed.

It could work for sending packages and such, order online and each home have a merchandise receiver.

In quantum teleportation, one of the more amazing quirks of quantum mechanics, an exact copy of a photon appears in a different location (the record distance is 100 miles) just as the old photon is destroyed. Scientists disembody the information about a particle, such as a photon, from that particle. They then apply it to another photon some distance away, creating a copy and destroying the original.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/movies/a8642/why-dont-we-have-teleportation-15015958/

And remember the information isn't copied, it's moved. So, what would happen to all the atoms that used to be you at the start? Chris Monroe says they'd be left behind in a gunky mess: "It'd look like a big pile of Jell-O, I guess," he says.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/07/29/427161157/beam-me-up-teleporting-is-real-even-if-trekkie-transport-isnt

"Spooky action at a distance" is not teleportation - or even "quantum teleportation". No mass disappears from one location only to reappear at another. Quantum entanglement is the process of merging a property of two (or more) objects into one property shared by the two (or more) objects. Because this one property can only have one state, when that state is modified on one of the objects, that modification can be observed on the other - no matter the distance between them.

Nothing is "transferred" from one location to another.

When we have meta materials to isolate an object from the rest of the universe we might discover it induces quantum behaviour. Who knows what that would lead too.

As an English teacher i can tell you that the question mark means it is NOT a statement, but a question, with a rising inflexion if spoken aloud.

As an English reader trying to make some sense of what you write I can tell you you added a capital and left out a full stop, which made the whole thing a sentence with a question mark at the end.

It is interesting that you cant even ask a question without making it some form of Walker assertion !

The sentence does not have to begin with would, to be a question. I was asking, are you the sort of person who would have laughed at those things if you were living at the start of the 20th century?

What a stupid question.

You are the sort of person who would have laughed at such things? " Is again not a statement but a question.

You just cant help 'stating the facts' can you - even in a question !

Say it out loud with the emphasis on the last 4 words and a hanging pause at the end,and you will realise this

So, now, a teacher says that the correct way for a writing to be understood is to say it out loud with the inflections that are further described in more writing ???

No ... dont you think it is a tad easier to just write out the original question in proper form without the need for instructions on saying the sentence out loud to get its meaning.

This is incredible ! I have never encountered anyone that would go to such ridiculous lengths to try and prrove their mistake was right and intentional !

You got real issues !

, BUT you are correct the real question i was asking did not have a question mark on it (yet it was clearly a question.)

Are you the sort of person who fears the future?"

For Gods' sake ... all of that ^ to get to this :no:

...... no .

Can you envision the future as a positive place

Yes.

or are you only capable of knocking what you fear the future will be?

No .

get it ?

And try to get this ... for about the 5th time now ....

Those are not the things I was disputing, it is not about the subject matter and what can be done or achieved with science, technology or walker type 'remote viewing' , magic, or whatever red herrings you cast on the path

It is you and your BS about it all .

Do you finally get that ?

Are you even capable of getting it ?

Or must you think that if someone doesnt believe Walker was on a Moon Mission then the Moon Mission was faked and impossible to happen and the doubter hates and fears science ?

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

I get soooooo lost in these threads. Take a day off, and like a thousand posts have gone by.

Just ask the man himself!!

As an English reader trying to make some sense of what you write I can tell you you added a capital and left out a full stop, which made the whole thing a sentence with a question mark at the end.

It is interesting that you cant even ask a question without making it some form of Walker assertion !

What a stupid question.

You just cant help 'stating the facts' can you - even in a question !

So, now, a teacher says that the correct way for a writing to be understood is to say it out loud with the inflections that are further described in more writing ???

No ... dont you think it is a tad easier to just write out the original question in proper form without the need for instructions on saying the sentence out loud to get its meaning.

This is incredible ! I have never encountered anyone that would go to such ridiculous lengths to try and prrove their mistake was right and intentional !

You got real issues !

For Gods' sake ... all of that ^ to get to this :no:

...... no .

Yes.

No .

get it ?

And try to get this ... for about the 5th time now ....

Those are not the things I was disputing, it is not about the subject matter and what can be done or achieved with science, technology or walker type 'remote viewing' , magic, or whatever red herrings you cast on the path

It is you and your BS about it all .

Do you finally get that ?

Are you even capable of getting it ?

Or must you think that if someone doesnt believe Walker was on a Moon Mission then the Moon Mission was faked and impossible to happen and the doubter hates and fears science ?

No I cant "get it".

I cant see the future as you see it

I want to know WHY you chose to believe teleportation, creating life etc are not possible. Or more accurately what makes you chose to believe they are not going to happen in science in the next 100 years. If you have answered my questions honestly then i cant comprehend your negativity about the rate of scientific progress Do you know what is happening in current science with artificial intelligence with nano machinery and nano medicine, with genetic sequencing etc. Do you know the chinese have already developed hormones to increase human intelligence just as we have human growth hormones which can now treat dwarfism? Do you know that scientists have implanted constructed memories into a chimps brain .

If you are up to date with this science why cant you see what is coming in the very near future? Scientists working on artificial storage of human intelligence and on copying human memories and thoughts claim their own children will be virtually immortal, this is progressing so quickly ( so your mind and memories could be reproduced /copied stored and transferred into other bodies or androids and your self awareness need never cease). The ethics of all of this is questionable but it wont stop science somewhere in the world where a govt either doesn't care or actually wants to utilise these advances. .

What has my exploration of the moon got to do with the question? :)

WHY so much personal antagonism to me just because you don't agree with how I see the future?

There has to be something driving it.

Its a pity people dont read or try and understand what i post First i explained the chronological sequence of technology Basic elements will be transported in a decade or two now that photon transfer has been successfully done. (according to the scientists working on this ) complex non organic material by 2050 and organic material by 2100 At that point humans could be transferred IF data storage and computer speeds are fast enough to juggle the complexity of a human mind and body.

Quite separately scientists working on that problem believe their own children will become immortal because they are close to being able to transfer memories and thus the essence of self from one brain to another one. . There is no real problem with any of this except the need for speed in breaking down and reconstructing a human mind and body to enable its transfer That seems difficult to us but we don't have the computers of 10 or 20 years time which will make it childs play An example is the work on genetic sequencing where computing has advanced to the point that you can play around with the genes of animals in your garage using a commercially purchased gene sequencer. Teenagers are already making animals that glow in the dark.

As with back to earth I can only ask WHY you are so antagonistic, not just to the ideas i put forward but to me personally. ? This is nothing to be scared of. It is the liberation of humanity from evolutionary confinements and strictures. It will mean the end of disease pain and physical suffering, with no more blindness deafness genetic disease setc, the extension of life and possibly the eradication of human ills such as hate etc . Every day new cancers are beig overcome and as i stated we can now eve treat dwarfism genetically to enable a child to grow to a normal size. I read to day of a woman who gradually went totally deaf and had to give up her love of piano playing. With a cochlear implant she can now hear perfectly and is beginning her playing again. The joy this brings to her is incredible and it is a simple scientific advance.

Edited by Mr Walker

I get soooooo lost in these threads. Take a day off, and like a thousand posts have gone by.

Just ask the man himself!!

Brilliant Thank you. iI is like listening to marconi before he actually created the first radio waves. Note the timeline. 100 years for the technology and maybe several hundred for its use with humans I maintain that is conservative given current scientific progress. it explains clearly how present success with high speed data transfer is critical to the success of the second model of replication and indeed it WOULD result in two "copies" each time.

Ps an interesting aside While writing this post I was called away by a phone call from a woman who had lost her purse containing 150 dollars and wanted me to use my psychic abilities to find it. I told her she hadn't lost it during her days garage saleing the day before but that it was somewhere in her home. I went to help her find it, and told her it was sitting on something that looked like a grill. I then went to her car, where i also told her it was, despite her searching the car, and I looked for such a pattern. The floor mats looked exactly as i had seen in my mind and described to her, but she said she had already looked under the seats. I told her to feel carefully under the driver's seat and she found it lying flat on the grill pattern of the rubber matting, exactly as I had seen in my mind. Total search time 2 minutes.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I thought it may be helpful, very interesting series. He also theorizes an Anti Grav UFO and a Light Sabre.

I thought it may be helpful, very interesting series. He also theorizes an Anti Grav UFO and a Light Sabre.

I don't think scientists are quite so advanced with anti grav, but it will come out of their work on energy/force field technologies. and manipulating matter/energy transfer. So far it requires a very big power source to supply a LOT of energy, but that might (no, will) change.

• Like 1

Ps an interesting aside While writing this post I was called away by a phone call from a woman who had lost her purse containing 150 dollars and wanted me to use my psychic abilities to find it.

Is your knowledge of future technologies based on what scientists are currently working on, or do you know these things because of your psychic abilities?

• Like 1

I don't think scientists are quite so advanced with anti grav, but it will come out of their work on energy/force field technologies. and manipulating matter/energy transfer. So far it requires a very big power source to supply a LOT of energy, but that might (no, will) change.

Like anything, it is based on theoretical technology, Michio looks at Monopole Magnets tuned into the earth's frequency.

He has a book too called "Physics of the impossible" and goes into degrees of possibility and impossibility in reference to current understandings.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

No I cant "get it".

Right ! I didnt think you were actually capable of comprehending what is clearly written over and over again .... and not just by me ... by several posters over many thread topics.

I cant see the future as you see it

How would you know when you dont even know how I see the future ?

I want to know WHY you chose to believe teleportation, creating life etc are not possible.

No, I am saying what you say is BS . Your take on it ..... you claim you are representing science yet you fully admit you travel through space, have sex with whoever you want - including Guinevere - a fictional mythic character - and a 3 breasted Amazonian space woman .

Teleportation and creation of life are a scale up from the things science is working with today, the links you make to bridge that gap and posted here have been shown to be false, misread or made up by you ... and pointed out by several people.

Like you claimed scientists made life in a lab, bu it turned out the paper you offered as evidence admitted they already used a living cell, so they didnt create life. Then you tried to fudge and wiggle by redefining what life was and 'proving' your self correct - that is, they had created life in the lab. Now you seem to be admitting they have not ... but will do.

Watch Walker wiggle

Or more accurately what makes you chose to believe they are not going to happen in science in the next 100 years. If you have answered my questions honestly then i cant comprehend your negativity about the rate of scientific progress Do you know what is happening in current science with artificial intelligence with nano machinery and nano medicine, with genetic sequencing etc. Do you know the chinese have already developed hormones to increase human intelligence just as we have human growth hormones which can now treat dwarfism? Do you know that scientists have implanted constructed memories into a chimps brain .

And this proves that they will create life and teleport .... how ?

If you are up to date with this science why cant you see what is coming in the very near future? Scientists working on artificial storage of human intelligence and on copying human memories and thoughts claim their own children will be virtually immortal,

So ? people claim all sorts of things .... you claim you have sex with Amazonian tripple-titty space women :whistle:

this is progressing so quickly ( so your mind and memories could be reproduced /copied stored and transferred into other bodies or androids and your self awareness need never cease). The ethics of all of this is questionable but it wont stop science somewhere in the world where a govt either doesn't care or actually wants to utilise these advances. .

What has my exploration of the moon got to do with the question? :)

WHY so much personal antagonism to me just because you don't agree with how I see the future?

There has to be something driving it.

The personal antagonism is not for such a simple reason - although that might be a safe and comfy position for you to imagine for yourself.

The reasons have been previously listed and outlined clearly for you 6 times now I think, by me. Also by various posters in this this thread and other threads.

You have a wealth of information previously communicated to you by others here ( before they gave up and said they have to put you on ignore )

Cant you see what is playing out here for you .... or is it all

I-Cant-Hear-Yoooou-88717299286.jpeg

Yep .... theorizes

• Like 1

by the way ....

yesterday a poor distraught woman lost her baby ... she came running to me for help immediately, so, being the fantastic person I am ...... blah blah blah ....

- not thread related, but why miss an opportunity to relay how great I am when it has nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion