Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michio Kaku: 'teleportation will be possible'

UM-Bot

You complain that people insult you, and then you insult people. Perhaps you are also a hypocrite?

Go on, poke him a bit more and you might see a bit more of the 'real Walker ' :)

Edited by back to earth

Yeah, exactly! By destroying matter, it has to reassemble you. That seems very similar to killing you and making a new one.

It might be possible to do it without destroying anything. But it would make a copy of you, and you'd be disappointed that you didn't actually get to go.

Harte

• Like 1

I have to confess, I do not understand why threads get closed by mods here. they will admonish one person for being a dik while a dozen other posters in the thread are good and the subject matter is interesting. The then admonished poster can then go on to refute and attack any mod attempt and the threat is - the thread will be closed. ? ? ?

On other forums they will just remove the post if offensive or breaking rules, another one closes the thread and 'cleans it ', yet another has a 'pit' that is unable to be seen by the public, silly or argumentative threads will be cast into the pit where they can act like babies and slug it out in the mud .... all different ways.... but I dont see how closing a thread down and everyone suffering and the subject becoming 'verbotten' because of one a r s e makes any sense to me ...

... just sayin'

That's too much work, dude.

Look at the thread. It is based on hogwash even if it was still on topic. If it's closed, start another one on the subject (entanglement) and it might be better.

Harte

• Like 1

Well now this thread is off topic and I am adding to the offense -- closing threads does seem to me a sledgehammer approach. Threads should be closed if they are spam or duplicative or things like that, but because they've gone off topic generally should just require a nudge back. Even if they are wildly off topic, that would seem to be the way the participants want it, so . . ..

The most common reason threads get closed here though seems to be when participants get nasty. Again it seems sledgehammerish. I would say in these cases the thread can be cleaned up and appropriate PMs sent to the offenders. I like the idea that participants don't seem to get banned often (at least as I have noticed).

As I remember the transporter in Star Wars, it did not duplicate you as much as "read" you, destroy you, transmit the information it had read, and then create a "you" at the destination out of that information. The part I get touchy about is the "destroy" part.

That is how I understood it worked also. It turned you into energy, read that energy, loaded the data into the transporter banks and then somehow beamed the energy to a new location where it materialized.

I never understood why they needed a transporter room. They could do the controls on the bridge, and if they can grab someone off a planet miles and miles away, then they surely don't need a pad to stand on.

I wonder if a teleported human would have to be put together like Leeloo on Fifth Element.

• Like 2

I wonder if a teleported human would have to be put together like Leeloo on Fifth Element.

Just like Leeloo....?

22026690-22026693-large.jpg

...you just got me interested again - I'm IN!!!

• Like 2