Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You Can Hunt For Fossils In Kenya

Anomalocaris

Online fossil hunters to help comb Kenyan desert

Members of the public are being invited to help hunt for fossils in the Kenyan desert, in an online citizen science initiative called Fossilfinder.

Volunteers will sift one million images from the arid Turkana Basin, a key area for fossils of early human ancestors.

These photos were taken by archaeologists using a special aerial camera system mounted on kites, drones and other devices.

The site launched on Tuesday at the British Science Festival in Bradford.

arrow3.gifRead more

• Like 1

You Can Hunt For Fossils In Kenya

American dentists are gathering their recurve bows, crossbows and hunting rifles as we speak.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

? they will be looking at images ?

without actually handling or examining the "rock or stone or branch" how could you possibly know?

This could be interesting to see some of their views, we have had bigfoot spotted on Mars, so anything could crop up here.

• Like 1

they'll probably find a direct ancestor of justin bieber

Out of all those stones they could very well find Justin Bieber.

I just played with it. I think it is fun, but I love fossil hunting. I have done it most of my life.

without actually handling or examining the "rock or stone or branch" how could you possibly know?

This could be interesting to see some of their views, we have had bigfoot spotted on Mars, so anything could crop up here.

Agree. Sooner or later someone will use this platform to search ancient aliens :lol:

• Like 1

I don't need any newfangled gadgets, I see an old fossil every time I look into the mirror ! :-)

• Like 1

I'll be honest. I don't know jack squat about fossils. But i found this (bigger rock).

Just in case it's the greatest find in Earth's history, i'll throw it up. I'll take my new found wealth and settle on my own Island now. Maybe i'll purchase the Galapagos. toodles.

post-153786-0-32194600-1441877101_thumb.

• Like 2

I have a tough enough time digging for fossils among my cavity infested molars ~

• Like 1

I'll be honest. I don't know jack squat about fossils. But i found this (bigger rock).

Just in case it's the greatest find in Earth's history, i'll throw it up. I'll take my new found wealth and settle on my own Island now. Maybe i'll purchase the Galapagos. toodles.

post-153786-0-32194600-1441877101_thumb.

Hmmm, that look like something, might be some bivalves. A lot of fossil hunting is staring at the ground. It is a search and find game and good brain exercise, freetoroam. Use it or lose it, as they say. Did you say you're buying the Galapagos, xxxdemonxxx, I'll start packing my bag. Might take me a while to hitchhike there, though, so no rush.

Edited by GreenmansGod

Hey just think...now you guys can do something constructive instead of spending time seeing who can be the bigger skeptic.