Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do frogs sometimes rain from the sky ?

UM-Bot

Peculiar showers of frogs, fish and other strange things have been reported for thousands of years.

One of the most recent such downpours occurred earlier this year across parts of Washington, Oregon and Idaho where residents reported rain drops that were milky white in color.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/285947/why-do-frogs-sometimes-rain-from-the-sky

• Like 1

I find it interesting that the "rainfall" is always reported as being species-specific. If it was caused by a tornado, then I would think that small fish and other creatures would have been taken up along with the frogs.

A true unexplained mystery.

• Like 3

There are times when all the frogs of a region leave their tadpole stage all at the same time and go onto the land. I have seen that a few times, and the ground for a few hours early in the morning just crawls with little waves of the little beasties. A weather even at such a time would do it I think.

Normal times, even with a strong updraft, you would not get a "rain" of animals, but only on the times when the ground is swarming with something of this sort.

• Like 2

Seen it rain fish twice in my lifetime, decades apart in places far apart. When I say fish, they were pretty small maybe 1.5 to 2 inches long, and they were alive and wriggling both times, and both times in a thunderstorm. The numbers weren't that great, probably, but I guess something that small can get lost in a suburban lawn.

Milky white rain?.... ohhhh you mean semen right

• Like 2

Why do birds suddenly appear, ev'ry time you are near?

Just like me, they long to be close to you.

Why do frogs fall down from the sky, ev'ry time you walk by?

Just like me, they long to be close to you.....

• Like 3

Never seen anything but your standard water droplets and a few impressive hail storms come raining down.

i would imagine that it's quite the site to behold, be it frogs, fish or any similar life form.

• Like 1

Having lived in multiple parts of Washington I would love to know where it's been raining such things..

Interesting, first I've heard of it.

Edited by KaysonMire

Maybe the ancients were right and it is divine intervention. How else could frogs raining from the sky be explained? Swamp gas? Extra-terrestrials? Even if I DID believe that 'aliens' came from another planet I'm pretty sure they would have better things to do than dump a bunch of frogs, fish or insects upon the land for creating the grand effect of- becoming the headliner in a local newspaper.

Maybe the ancients were right and it is divine intervention. How else could frogs raining from the sky be explained? Swamp gas? Extra-terrestrials? Even if I DID believe that 'aliens' came from another planet I'm pretty sure they would have better things to do than dump a bunch of frogs, fish or insects upon the land for creating the grand effect of- becoming the headliner in a local newspaper.

But God has nothing better to do than to dump frogs from the sky?

But God has nothing better to do than to dump frogs from the sky?

Some kind of warning or meaning from God makes more sense to me than swamp gas or aliens pulling pranks.

Some kind of warning or meaning from God makes more sense to me than swamp gas or aliens pulling pranks.

They both sound childish.

They both sound childish.

Do they? Well then, do YOU have a better explination? One that actually makes sense would be much appreciated.....

Do they? Well then, do YOU have a better explination? One that actually makes sense would be much appreciated.....

Natural phenomena. No need for gods or aliens playing pranks.

Never saw such a rain storm but I would love to see them get DNA from the critters and find the root location of those frogs/fish, just for ha-ha's

Natural phenomena. No need for gods or aliens playing pranks.

Not disagreeing with you, but what sort of natural phenomena separates airborne animals not known for going airborne by age and species?

A tornado or super wind eddy is no doubt the causitve factor in frog or fish "rain." In almost all cases only one species is transported and dumped. One would think that a tornado would pick up, let's say, several thousand perch and a few other species together with frogs or even crayfish. That never happens. Always one species...I wonder why that is?

A little research on the topic is recommended before you jump to "maybe" conclusions.

A tornado or super wind eddy is no doubt the causitve factor in frog or fish "rain." In almost all cases only one species is transported and dumped. One would think that a tornado would pick up, let's say, several thousand perch and a few other species together with frogs or even crayfish. That never happens. Always one species...I wonder why that is?

Read the thread.