Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All male vs mixed gender marines

OverSword

From the article:

In 2013, the US military lifted its ban on women serving in combat. Shortly after, the Marine Corps began what it calls an “unprecedented research effort” to understand the impact of gender integration on its combat forces. That took the form of a year-long experiment called the Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, in which 400 Marines—100 of them female—trained for combat together and then undertook a simulated deployment, with every facet of their experience measured and scrutinized.

All branches of the military are facing a January 1, 2016, deadline to open all combat roles to women. The Marine Corps is using this experiment to decide whether to request exceptions to that mandate. The Corps’ summary of the experiment, posted online today by NPR, concludes that combat teams were less effective when they included women.

Overall, the report says, all-male teams and crews outperformed mixed-gender ones on 93 out of 134 tasks evaluated. All-male teams were universally faster “in each tactical movement.” On “lethality,” the report says:

Continued here

• Like 2

So whats your opinion OverSword?

Do you think woman should have the right to be in combat if they met all the same requirements as thier male counterparts?

Horrible move. It goes so far above women having to meet the same requirements. By the way, they will not have to meet the same requirements. They have easier standards on the physical training test, and that is not going to change.

I strongly disagree with having females in the special forces!

In extreme situations a mans mind must be on the task in hand, a female presence in a direct combat unit destroys the bond, creates jealously and sexual tension, alters a mans natural protective instincts, basically it alters the entire focus and effectiveness of the unit, red blooded males are under enough stress and strain without adding a sexual distractions and weak links

• Like 4

Horrible move. It goes so far above women having to meet the same requirements. By the way, they will not have to meet the same requirements. They have easier standards on the physical training test, and that is not going to change.

there were two females who completed ranger school recently who had all the same standards.

Also like i said if they met the same standards wich i think they should. Lowering our standards is a bad idea.

What if the exceptional females who could hang with the boys made it through all training?

• Like 2

there were two females who completed ranger school recently who had all the same standards.

Also like i said if they met the same standards wich i think they should. Lowering our standards is a bad idea.

What if the exceptional females who could hang with the boys made it through all training?

See Father Merrins post.

• Like 1

I strongly disagree with having females in the special forces!

In extreme situations a mans mind must be on the task in hand, a female presence in a direct combat unit destroys the bond, creates jealously and sexual tension, alters a mans natural protective instincts, basically it alters the entire focus and effectiveness of the unit, red blooded males are under enough stress and strain without adding a sexual distractions and weak links

oh here we go again with the uncontrollable male urges and how our chivalry will get us killed in combat?

Ill post it but you should actually read what male soldiers think of thier female counterparts in these test.

You have ideas and opinions but lets ask the people who do this day in day out.

• Like 2

oh here we go again with the uncontrollable male urges and how our chivalry will get us killed in combat?

Ill post it but you should actually read what male soldiers think of thier female counterparts in these test.

Day in and day out in a simulated environment.

So father merrin im guessing you dont want gay males in combat roles either because all those same issues will apply.

I did 10 years of "day in day out" and believe me if you have a group of sexualy deprived 25 year old men, any form of female is a huge distraction! Im not saying they are not capable, im saying that human nature/ biological urges and protective instincts dont just stop because you are wearing a tan beret! And in a combat situation these are distractions that are slightly more important than in your average office environment

• Like 4

So father merrin im guessing you dont want gay males in combat roles either because all those same issues will apply.

No not at all! There is a large noticeable difference between a homosexual and a female

Day in and day out in a simulated environment.

so you think in a real firefight guys are gonna get killed because they are oogling the girl soldiers?

You think they will jump in harms way to rescue a female? (Which they do for male soldires too)

They wont be close or bonded because?

Not seeing much merit to these arguments.

• Like 1

I did 10 years of "day in day out" and believe me if you have a group of sexualy deprived 25 year old men, any form of female is a huge distraction! Im not saying they are not capable, im saying that human nature/ biological urges and protective instincts dont just stop because you are wearing a tan beret! And in a combat situation these are distractions that are slightly more important than in your average office environment

this makes sense. But wouldnt a homosexual male be distracted by his male counterparts in this situation as well?
  • Like 1

See, that's the problem, no one needs to hear about your sexual preference all the time. You sign up to do a job and that's it. I would think that in war the most important thing on a persons mind is to try not to get killed.

so you think in a real firefight guys are gonna get killed because they are oogling the girl soldiers?

You think they will jump in harms way to rescue a female? (Which they do for male soldires too)

They wont be close or bonded because?

Not seeing much merit to these arguments.

Its not about oogling them, its about the units dynamics, its about the trust and bond of your fellow soldiers, its knowing that everybody is 100% focused and dedicated, with no favouritism or fluctuations amoung the unit, if you mix sexes in any working environment there will always be tension and distraction

• Like 2

this makes sense. But wouldnt a homosexual male be distracted by his male counterparts in this situation as well?

Seriously what's wrong with you? you're on another thread wanting to have everyone in the shower together boys & girls men & woman . you want everyone sharing public rest rooms, trusting children with whomever could be in either a restrooms or shower and now you're asking this man inappropriate questions. If he's a real Priest you need to stop right now and have respect.

There is a difference. There are so many reasons that can't really be explained well enough to have you understand. I wish I could explain it, I just can't...

• Like 1

Its not about oogling them, its about the units dynamics, its about the trust and bond of your fellow soldiers, its knowing that everybody is 100% focused and dedicated, with no favouritism or fluctuations amoung the unit, if you mix sexes in any working environment there will always be tension and distraction

It seems almost as if your suggesting females can never fit in 100% with a group of males. That females will always cause trouble and always be sexual distractions.

Surely you must admit that there may be exceptions to this rule.

• Like 1

Seriously what's wrong with you? you're on another thread wanting to have everyone in the shower together boys & girls men & woman . you want everyone sharing public rest rooms, trusting children with whomever could be in either a restrooms or shower and now you're asking this man inappropriate questions. If he's a real Priest you need to stop right now and have respect.

He asks a reasonable question. I see no disrespect there.

• Like 1

i would ask this question to anybody regardless of thier profession? What exactly is disrespectful about it?

It seems almost as if your suggesting females can never fit in 100% with a group of males. That females will always cause trouble and always be sexual distractions.

Surely you must admit that there may be exceptions to this rule.

There may well be the occasional exeptions, just as there may be the occasional fox that can be left alone with chickens! But when human lives are at stake its not a risk that anybody should be expected to be placed under

• Like 1

He asks a reasonable question. I see no disrespect there.

do either of you respect Christianity ? or is asking sexual questions to a priest a joke to you guys ?

do either of you respect Christianity ? or is asking sexual questions to a priest a joke to you guys ?

The Priest brought up the sexual aspect of the situation.

There may well be the occasional exeptions, just as there may be the occasional fox that can be left alone with chickens! But when human lives are at stake its not a risk that anybody should be expected to be placed under

I think we can trust the commanding officers to form functional groups, and exclude aggressions and bindings, who could happen to anyone regardless of their sex. We are talking about some of the most professional and skillful military groups here, and not a bunch of 7th graders.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1