Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All male vs mixed gender marines

OverSword

get real , not in that sense. I read what he said.

I don't doubt that you read it, I do, however, doubt that you comprehended it.

• Like 1

do either of you respect Christianity ? or is asking sexual questions to a priest a joke to you guys ?

He brought up the sexuality. And why would that be offensive to anyone? It's part of life. Priests council, right? They will have to deal with homosexuality as well.

get real , not in that sense. I read what he said.

Because big bad homosexuality is a huge no no in Christianity, or what? Grow up. It's part of life.

• Like 2

It seems almost as if your suggesting females can never fit in 100% with a group of males. That females will always cause trouble and always be sexual distractions.

Surely you must admit that there may be exceptions to this rule.

I would think there would be a strong level of professionalism at all times. Is sexual tension going to be something that everyone has to worry about in every job and situation?
  • Like 1

There may well be the occasional exeptions, just as there may be the occasional fox that can be left alone with chickens! But when human lives are at stake its not a risk that anybody should be expected to be placed under

what if the standards are not lowered. And a few exceptional females make it into special forces teams and thier entire unit is behind her and has proven herself in combat? Would you still deny her?

what if the standards are not lowered. And a few exceptional females make it into special forces teams and thier entire unit is behind her and has proven herself in combat? Would you still deny her?

God behold, what if a woman might actually be better than a man! :rofl:

• Like 1

I think we can trust the commanding officers to form functional group, and exclude aggressions and bindings, who could happen to anyone regardless of their sex. We are talking about some of the most professional and skillful military groups here, and not a bunch of 7th graders.

Im not giving my opinion, im giving you personal experience with 10 years served in the special forces!

Reguardless of how professional and strict things are in the forces, it is made up of people....human beings... with natural urges, protective instincts, emotions, jealously, and believe me if you take a group of young men in the peak of their lives who are serving long tours away from female companionship, any form of female will always be a huge distraction

• Like 3

Wait, Father Merrin is a real Priest.

• Like 1

Im not giving my opinion, im giving you personal experience with 10 years served in the special forces!

Reguardless of how professional and strict things are in the forces, it is made up of people....human beings... with natural urges, protective instincts, emotions, jealously, and believe me if you take a group of young men in the peak of their lives who are serving long tours away from female companionship, any form of female will always be a huge distraction

But how many females did you have in your actual unit? Or are you talking about the pretty medics? I have served as well, and I had females in my unit. It was just fine.

• Like 1

But how many females did you have in your actual unit? Or are you talking about the pretty medics? I have served as well, and I had females in my unit. It was just fine.

Did you stay off of a base for days at a time, pooping in coffee cans so you could burn it, peeing anywhere you could find a spot? Having a buddy hold a water bottle over your head while you tried to soap up to take a "shower"?

Did you stay off of a base for days at a time, pooping in coffee cans so you could burn it, peeing anywhere you could find a spot? Having a buddy hold a water bottle over your head while you tried to soap up to take a "shower"?

Yes. And when a woman pulled down her pants and peed no one went crazy about that or got horny.

• Like 1

We didnt have any in the unit, only medics, and they were enough of a distraction at times,

I dont have an issue with females in the armed forces and non combat rolls, but special ops/marines/rangers etc should be kept to male only.

Did you not find there were affairs and hidden relationships within the camp at the best of times?

When it comes to war, I am generally interested in results vs whatever is socially acceptable. If all men or (all women) units perform better than mixed units, then we should have all men(or women) units.

When it comes to war, I am generally interested in results vs whatever is socially acceptable. If all men or (all women) units perform better than mixed units, then we should have all men(or women) units.

I don't think we have sufficient data to evaluate that.

• Like 2

We didnt have any in the unit, only medics, and they were enough of a distraction at times,

I dont have an issue with females in the armed forces and non combat rolls, but special ops/marines/rangers etc should be kept to male only.

Did you not find there were affairs and hidden relationships within the camp at the best of times?

So to me it sounds like untested waters. Im glad we are testing it though.

Your insight is valuable though.

I hope that a few girls prove you wrong. but your concerns are based on not taking unnecessary risk. Thats the safe route.

But what if females can add something unexpected to benifit the squad? Then the gamble has paid off.

Lets at least study it and see what these girls and men in thier squads are capable off. Im optimistic but your experience in the field puts me on the fence a bit.

• Like 4

Of course you were, because you were not used to them.

I believe the best applicants soldiers should be in there.

Edit: To add to the last part of yours: Yes. But not within the unit. I know of a homosexual relationship, though. Most affairs were with the non combat staff.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

Interesting study. I await more of course.

But I will go wherever the studies take. In war you have to do what is most effective not what is politically correct.

• Like 3

Interesting study. I await more of course.

But I will go wherever the studies take. In war you have to do what is most effective not what is politically correct.

That is for sure. Quotas would be the wrong way. It should only be about skill and qualifications.

• Like 1

I will add this note they had on the study link though. I guess we will have to wait and see if it evens out as females get more experience?

"many of of the male study participants had previously served in combat units, whereas female participants, by necessity, came directly from infantry schools or from noncombat jobs."

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1