Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

strange animal sightings

Clecko

for a period of about a month, me and several neigbors have heared the most bizzare and scary scream in my back woods. Pets seemed to be afraid to go into the woods, and we would be unwilling to go back there. But it stopped, and we (more like I) have been left clueless.(I do live in a region known as the Bridgewater triangle) Any ideas?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamie

• Clecko

• capoeiranger

• SoulFire

Could be anything, do you know if anyone recorded the sound at all?

Of interest, I had a dog that was afraid of the sound that peacocks make (sounds freaky to me too, cause it sounds like a child calling for help). Could be anything...

Chris

Clecko,

I dont know what that noise could be.  Why do they call your area Bridgewater triangle???

I have a funny strange animal sighting.  We were camping and I heard some noise underneath one of the campers.  There was noting under it.  Then all the sudden I saw this weird animal.  It was grey and it had a long fuzzy tail (kind of like a squirrel) only it was a lot bigger that a squirrel.  It walked like a raccoon.  I had no idea what it was.  I was so scared I didnt even want to move.  Finally I grabbed the flashlight and you know what it was.......a cat with a broken leg.  It was limping.  Awwww.  Poor thing.  I felt like such a dork after that.  LOL   ;D

jamie

Jamie,

Low-flying UFOs, Bigfoot creatures, cattle mutilations, Indian curses and ghostly apparitions. These are just a sampling of the wide range of paranormal phenomena that are constantly occurring in the area of Massachusetts known as the Bridgewater Triangle. First described by researcher Loren Coleman in the 1970s, the Triangle is an area of about 200 square miles that includes the towns of Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown at the angles of the triangle, and Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, North Middleboro, Segreganset, Dighton, North Dighton, Berkley, Myricks, Raynham, East Taunton, and Taunton inside the triangle. Unexplained phenomena are also common in the towns just outside this region.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Homer,

I really enjoyed your letter! It really got me thinking. I must visit that area. I'm assembling a search party to look for bigfeet, UFO's and other paranormal phenomena.

Keep on postin!

• 2 years later...

I agree with Chris, there are many bounce.gif animals that make strange noises sometimes in the woods or forrest to scare of preditor animals that might be coming their way. I'm not to sure if it has some sort of paranormal to it. But I think it has to do with animals making sure that no one comes near them that they don't know.

Happy Holidays wink2.gif

Cuda? Moe must address an issue that has been plaguing his mind since you first started posting. why? Why? WHy? WHY are you responding to 2 year old posts??some you have ressurected are very interesting and Moe thanks you very much!! thumbsup.gif

But at times, you are composing responses to people who no longer visit UM. Moe just wants to make sure that Cuda realizes this.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this might be a wrong assumption, but what time of the year was this all going on around? If it was early spring, the fawn start walking around, and when they lose their mothers (does) sometimes, and they start to make this loud screaming noise, its screaching almost. It can last hours sometimes. huh.gif

laugh.gif @ Moe

An event which occurs practically nation wide every year is thus:

The releasing of panthers, tigers, lions, cheetahs, jaguars, and other exotics into the wild by people who thought they were cute as cubs. Only to be dismayed when the reality of the beast was at hand. blink.gif

• 4 weeks later...

you ever herd a rabbit scream in its death cry, well it sounds like a nazgul, only louder and more frightening. i shot one with my bow and i thought an alarm had gone of.sqirells sound a lot alike rabitts. ive seen a raven carry off a sqiurel i have never forgotten the screem of that poor animal.

clecko, where do you live besides bridge water triangle? depending on that last tidbit of info, it could be just about anything.

PS- that pea fowl noise always sounded more like a cat being tortured to me, maybe its individual differences.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
for a period of about a month, me and several neigbors have heared the most bizzare and scary scream in my back woods. Pets seemed to be afraid to go into the woods, and we would be unwilling to go back there. But it stopped, and we (more like I) have been left clueless.(I do live in a region known as the Bridgewater triangle) Any ideas?

Possibly a Cougar/Mountain Lion.

Screech Owl? When I first heard one I thought some poor woman was being raped. I ran outside in my underwear ready to beat the rapist up, but I saw the owl and had a good laugh.

a mountain lion sounds like a child crying out for help me and an old friend of mine found that out when we went into the woods when we heard an odd noise. we wound up finding out that the sound kept getting farther the more into the woods we walked.

Possibly a Cougar/Mountain Lion.

BINGO - that's the same thing i was thinking as i read through this thread. where i grew up, we had black panthers. at my grand dad's house, he had a pond surrounded by woods on 3 sides. at night, you could hear the panthers back there "screaming". it was a very frightening sound (particularly until you knew what it was).

original poster - do you have panthers, cougars, ect. (big cats) where you live???

Edited by klc9100

Yeah, the cat in my neighbourhood usualy make noises like a baby crying at night.

could be foxes. theyre terrifying when they scream. haha theyre in my old neighborhood, and it sounds like a woman getting attacked by a crowbar.

not that i know what that sounds like. really.

if it was near forest I'm gonna say it was probably a large cat like a jaguar or puma just cause I've heard them around my house and they have the most petrifying cry ever, its so crazy and would be a great reason for your pets to be scared of the woods. or possibly a cougar.

Check out this website

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/soundfx/animals/BigCats.shtml

and then check out the sixth cougar sound down the list, It will make your skin crawl.

sounds like a werewolf or some kind of ghost, I hear that, that is how animals sometimes behave, maybe a werewolf maybe a ghost maybe an alien maybe sombody is poaching with a bow and scaring the animals

• 2 weeks later...

You live in the Bridgewater Triangle and have never heard of the Jersey Devil? That is the most likely canidate considering your location.