Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees Begin Hunger Strike

Dark_Grey

Pure hate ? .....that is NOT true. Pure truth and concern is what I would call it.

That is rather dramatic - and you call others hateful.

Isn't that what Western countries are doing RIGHT NOW - and have done so for years ?

It appears that some people have very short memories - it also seems extremely ungrateful.

you have all the right in this world to be concerned , that makes two of us ... truth be told yes the western countries are very helpful no doubt .

You could say the same for Africa, I guess. But is it really relevant when it comes to help people in need?

Besides, I don't think Syria was really such a bad place before the civil war. Sure, they were under a dictatorial regime but it was secular in nature, respecting the rights of monorities and including them in the Syrian culture. Many of the refugees languishing at Europe's border are actually middle-class with a fair level of education.

It is very relevant, i'd go further and say its the uppermost importance to distinguish those who are really in need of help. I thought this is what people wanted to do? help those most in need. You, yourself agree you want to help the most needy, but like so many others, people have overlooked the fact those most in need are languishing in UN refugee camps.

But through sheer desperation to get the warm fuzzy feeling like Helen of Annoy gave us an excellent example on here the other day with her story from Croatia which would bring a tear to a glass eye, people are keen to help as the migrants pass through their respective countries, as they wander pass their doors they think they are helping the needy but they are not. because the needy are all in the camps hundreds of miles away.

How convenient it is not having to travel to the UN camps to get that self-satisfaction - You said it yourself many of those in Europe are the middle classes, the ones who fled to Turkey at the outbreak of hostilities in Syria they were the financially mobile having moved to Turkey, they lived and worked in there for three or four years while the 99% poor, young, elderly, sick & lame are facing the music in UN camps.

Oh but those refugees who are coming to Europe are the doctors, engineers teachers professionals, our economies can use them. so lets use that argument to allow them into our country and communities. - because they can benefit us. - meanwhile lets leave the young, elderly, sick and lame in the UN camps to their miserable existence because they are no use to our economies. - That is the hypocrisy in it all and im the bad b******, im the one with no heart. - and yet its me the devil himself who is saying lets take, young, elderly sick and lame out of the camps. - those unable to make that journey those who are the poorest of the poor. The people i want rescuing from the UN camps are the ones i ask nothing in return for helping them. unlike Germany et al, who can see economic benefit.

But people carry on with the self gratification that your helping the people who had access to hundreds if not thousands of dollars to pay their way to Europe. Me i'll stay banging the drum for the poor b******* left in the camps. the forgotten.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 6

It is very relevant, i'd go further and say its the uppermost importance to distinguish those who are really in need of help. I thought this is what people wanted to do? help those most in need. You, yourself agree you want to help the most needy, but like so many others, people have overlooked the fact those most in need are languishing in UN refugee camps.

But through sheer desperation to get the warm fuzzy feeling like Helen of Annoy gave us an excellent example on here the other day with her story from Croatia which would bring a tear to a glass eye, people are keen to help as the migrants pass through their respective countries, as they wander pass their doors they think they are helping the needy but they are not. because the needy are all in the camps hundreds of miles away.

How convenient it is not having to travel to the UN camps to get that self-satisfaction - You said it yourself many of those in Europe are the middle classes, the ones who fled to Turkey at the outbreak of hostilities in Syria they were the financially mobile having moved to Turkey, they lived and worked in there for three or four years while the 99% poor, young, elderly, sick & lame are facing the music in UN camps.

Oh but those refugees who are coming to Europe are the doctors, engineers teachers professionals, our economies can use them. so lets use that argument to allow them into our country and communities. - because they can benefit us. - meanwhile lets leave the young, elderly, sick and lame in the UN camps to their miserable existence because they are no use to our economies. - That is the hypocrisy in it all and im the bad b******, im the one with no heart. - and yet its me the devil himself who is saying lets take, young, elderly sick and lame out of the camps. - those unable to make that journey those who are the poorest of the poor. The people i want rescuing from the UN camps are the ones i ask nothing in return for helping them. unlike Germany et al, who can see economic benefit.

But people carry on with the self gratification that your helping the people who had access to hundreds if not thousands of dollars to pay their way to Europe. Me i'll stay banging the drum for the poor b******* left in the camps. the forgotten.

oh , and why dont you lead by example and have a heart and travel to one of those UN Camps and help all those you named . Oh , and dont forget you camera or your cell phone and take a few posing selfies with the needy ...because with out a picture i would just call you a cold hearted liar

Turkey has spent sor far $7.6 billion to take care of 2.2 million of Syrian refugees. They are as much overwhelmed as we are.

Source: http://www.huffingto...4b08820d9183073

But is it what it's all about , 'religion'? Does your religion, skin color, language and whatever determine who deserve to be taken as refugee and who doesn't?

If so, what a great civilized culture the West has become!

the West has been incredibly tolerant towards muslims.....

although this migrant crisis has concentrated the mind somewhat in that direction and the non muslim

host nations are getting justifiably concerned that this tolerance could (will)come back to bite us in the near future..

I'm talking about the general population because the 'leaders' seem to have lost the plot ...ie Merkel for one...

re the underlined in your quote...

well it was for these people involved in a very ugly incident -

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/04/16/mediterranean-migrants-eu/25864433/

Italian police arrested 15 Muslim migrants who survivors said tossed 12 Christians from a boat during a recent Mediterranean crossing attempt.

oh , and why dont you lead by example and have a heart and travel to one of those UN Camps and help all those you named . Oh , and dont forget you camera or your cell phone and take a few posing selfies with the needy ...because with out a picture i would just call you a cold hearted liar

The United Kingdom has a civilised country as the Aid agencies in place, working along side the UN in these camps these professionals have the ability and the means to carry out the policy. Having me there in person is not going to achieve anything, plus im not a hypocrite, im not looking for self-gratification. i don't pretend i can directly help these people, (at least i don't pretend to like you, you liar) I cannot help these people its beyond my abilities but as a country we can help them and that's what my taxes go towards. - And its all about bring those most in need and those we can help the most to the UK.

Who was it you worked for the iHH? dubious. and maybe it explains your stance and somewhat thought provoking language! Hmm.

Do you know how i know your a liar, because my previous post would have struck a chord with anyone who'd worked at a refugee camp, because They'd have understood and witnessed first hand that the most vulnerable and needy have been left behind in these camps. But It never struck a chord with you. - people can read your reply for which i've quoted, does that sound like someone who worked at refugee camp. Didnt think so. -your a damn liar who lies to make people think you know what your talking about and give some credence to your post. but in reality. all you've got is an opinion like everyone else.

Edited by stevewinn

The United Kingdom has a civilised country as the Aid agencies in place, working along side the UN in these camps these professionals have the ability and the means to carry out the policy. Having me there in person is not going to achieve anything, plus im not a hypocrite, im not looking for self-gratification. i don't pretend i can directly help these people, (at least i don't pretend to like you, you liar) I cannot help these people its beyond my abilities but as a country we can help them and that's what my taxes go towards. - And its all about bring those most in need and those we can help the most to the UK.

Who was it you worked for the iHH? dubious. and maybe it explains your stance and somewhat thought provoking language! Hmm.

Do you know how i know your a liar, because my previous post would have struck a chord with anyone who'd worked at a refugee camp, because They'd have understood and witnessed first hand that the most vulnerable and needy have been left behind in these camps. But It never struck a chord with you. - people can read your reply for which i've quoted, does that sound like someone who worked at refugee camp. Didnt think so. -your a damn liar who lies to make people think you know what your talking about and give some credence to your post. but in reality. all you've got is an opinion like everyone else.

you are pathetic in your claims really ... if you had read my posts (and you dont have to and never did ) you would know . you keep calling people liars yet you know nothing of me and about me . you dont know my line of duty . i wasnt a cowered and our lives were at danger plenty of times yet we did our best to get women and children away from harm . you have no idea, sitting in your little comfortable home with a full belly and you care less what these people go through . you call me a liar because you would never even have the guts to go close a danger zone and probably the first one running . you have no idea thats why you talk so big . you are lying to call others liar with your radical little views . i am more man as a woman then you are as a man . you mister know it all ... i might prove you wrong and upload my id ...ah yeah your jaw would drop because you see my rank it would mess with your tiny little ego

I wouldnt say radical, id say Steve is concerned with at least 70% of the British Population and maybe more because thats the honest truth. If The UK had lots of money and was a lot better then maybe we would accept more migrants, but countries can't have this heavy burden. i dont think none of us are racist, and probably we know at least a few people from a different country

• Like 1

I wouldnt say radical, id say Steve is concerned with at least 70% of the British Population and maybe more because thats the honest truth. If The UK had lots of money and was a lot better then maybe we would accept more migrants, but countries can't have this heavy burden. i dont think none of us are racist, and probably we know at least a few people from a different country

well reading his posts to me they are radical , however i can understand peoples worries thats not the issue here . i am sure they do their best already i never debated that because i know a tiny bit about whats going on . but his constant insults and calling others liar is pathetic . i have no problem reasoning with people but he never reads posts and dont reply . 90 % in my country are scared too and here the poor people losing the little jobs they had left and right . we are being brought down to our knees too but no one wants too hear that . he is so stuck in his view he forgets to see the big picture all i hear is me me me its a whole world out here

YA AMAR reverts to the "hate card" when someone has a differing opinion. And tends to keep her head buried in a hole and ignore reality.

I find some of her postings somewhat perplexing - she understands the overall situation in regards to this enormous refugee crisis that the world is facing - and even at times is agreeable with the concerns that Western countries have due to this dire situation.

However - at the same time....I can't help but notice some underlying anger she has towards Western society in general - thus playing victim and being defensive - hence the prickly barbs she spits at times if someone has the audacity not to agree with her.

Seems to be a double edged sword with YA AMAR.

• Like 2

I find some of her postings somewhat perplexing - she understands the overall situation in regards to this enormous refugee crisis that the world is facing - and even at times is agreeable with the concerns that Western countries have due to this dire situation.

I'm still angry at her hypocrisy and attacks on me a couple of days ago, as well as some unsubstantiated claims that were made (if not just outright lies) and when I see it happen to others....I'll point it out. I have her on ignore, but I still see posts from time to time when others quote her. I tried being civil with her and a couple of others, but because I disagreed, they got a bit hateful. Don't worry, I'll get over it in a couple of days.

However - at the same time....I can't help but notice some underlying anger she has towards Western society in general - thus playing victim and being defensive - hence the prickly barbs she spits at times if someone has the audacity not to agree with her.

Glad you noticed it. Glad you didn't have to go through what I did.

I know I only got the sharp edges.

• Like 2

i grew up in the western society and i know how the west treated me my story is huuuge ...you cant understand its normal i dont blame you as you dont know my story . i dont believe in playing a victim i never have ... you read the title of the book but you never know its meaning unless you read it ...people disagree with me all along i dont have problem if you read my posts you would see that . you just swim with the majority and i am in the minority holding up my end of the stick its simple .

1590_get_well_soon_card.png@Hrothgaard the great hhhhhhhhhhhh you can have me on ignore i am not mad at anyone well yeah maybe one person ... but again i defend what i believe in thats all ....so you can be mad all you want rant even if you must take all your anger out on me hhhhhhhhhh but ..... no sunshine sticker for you , you will get a stormy cloud lol no seriously life is too short ... those who hate will hate i cant stop them but i love those who hate me the most : ))) Edited by YA AMAR

i grew up in the western society and i know how the west treated me my story is huuuge

I'm assuming that Western society treated you badly ?....if you find the time - do share your huge story.

...you cant understand its normal i dont blame you as you dont know my story

Ya amar - in one way or another - we all have a story to tell - the world doesn't revolve around you alone you know.

i dont believe in playing a victim i never have ...

Well - lets just agree to disagree on that [only going by some of your posts of course]

you read the title of the book but you never know its meaning unless you read it

In other words - 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' - well for me - that usually depends on who the author is - and I usually stick to non-fiction these days.

people disagree with me all along i dont have problem if you read my posts you would see that

I don't think everybody disagrees with you - and I suppose since this is a disscussion forum - one has to accept all sorts of differing views and opinions - without getting all defensive and huffy.

you just swim with the majority and i am in the minority holding up my end of the stick its simple .

No - I have my own outlook and views Ya amar.
  • Like 1

... those who hate will hate i cant stop them but i love those who hate me the most : )))

See - that little statement alone is not only tinged with a tad of sarcasm - but also bares the hint of 'playing victim'.

I guess you can't see that.

I'm still angry at her hypocrisy and attacks on me a couple of days ago, as well as some unsubstantiated claims that were made (if not just outright lies) and when I see it happen to others....I'll point it out. I have her on ignore, but I still see posts from time to time when others quote her. I tried being civil with her and a couple of others, but because I disagreed, they got a bit hateful. Don't worry, I'll get over it in a couple of days.

Angry because of some words on a discussion forum.. Chill out, Bro! :su

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 1

I'm assuming that Western society treated you badly ?....if you find the time - do share your huge story.

yes the usa to be specific but thanx to god germany took my case the only country that did ... i doubt i share it here

Ya amar - in one way or another - we all have a story to tell - the world doesn't revolve around you alone you know.

correct we all do, some more some less - i dont know how old you are to make that statement but at my age and experience and all the hard work i did in life and all i still had to battle with , yes sometimes the world revolve around me as i deserve it but of course not in a narcissistic kind of way , thats not me more like in a pampering kind of way .

Well - lets just agree to disagree on that [only going by some of your posts of course]

fair deal

In other words - 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' - well for me - that usually depends on who the author is - and I usually stick to non-fiction these days.

thats why i would never share too much personal story here because its already labeled fiction without knowing lol...

I don't think everybody disagrees with you - and I suppose since this is a disscussion forum - one has to accept all sorts of differing views and opinions - without getting all defensive and huffy.

well of course not all disagree and yes i said it always everyone is entitled to their own opinion ... well , be honest most people here get a bit huffy and puffy i think it human behavior as long as we can shake hands at the end of the day ...

No - I have my own outlook and views Ya amar.

am sure you do , but so have i

See - that little statement alone is not only tinged with a tad of sarcasm - but also bares the hint of 'playing victim'.

I guess you can't see that.

no dear you are wrong i am not a victim , one is only a victim if he allows to be one ... you know it depends how people talk to me ...if i sense sarcasm i throw a bit back but sometimes i throw also a little humor in it because despite of it all i love to laugh and i dont see things all that serious

From YA AMAR:

i grew up in the western society and i know how the west treated me my story is huuuge

We already know part of it:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=286120&st=135#entry5634914

You're supposedly part of or were part of a military somewhere, you've supposedly seen refugee camps up close. At some point you claimed to be living in a country currently or from a country that had dead bodies wash up on the shore regularly. And now you're from a "western society". So, if there's more, please tell us, or at least please tell those that are willing to sift through it. You were questioned about it once already:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=286120&st=150#entry5634994

But I got tired of your tripe and trying to debate with you shortly a couple of pages after that, so I'm not sure if there was much of a follow up or if you actually coughed up what was asked. But, please, Astra- is actually interested in reading your story. So don't make it full of contradictions and tell us how you became the person you are today.

• Like 2

From YA AMAR:

http://www.unexplain...35#entry5634914

You're supposedly part of or were part of a military somewhere, you've supposedly seen refugee camps up close. At some point you claimed to be living in a country currently or from a country that had dead bodies wash up on the shore regularly. And now you're from a "western society". So, if there's more, please tell us, or at least please tell those that are willing to sift through it. You were questioned about it once already:

http://www.unexplain...50#entry5634994

But I got tired of your tripe and trying to debate with you shortly a couple of pages after that, so I'm not sure if there was much of a follow up or if you actually coughed up what was asked. But, please, Astra- is actually interested in reading your story. So don't make it full of contradictions and tell us how you became the person you are today.

@Hrothgaard the great :nw: ... look, people were nice with you . we all communicated but imho you started to become a little over the top . we are debating the issue of helping people in need . if you ever really read some posts some of you try to discredit other peoples stories ,calling them liars wanting proof how they help people . we are grown people at least i hope so as i dont know the age of some people . i can only assume, according to the writing style ( and i assume) that you and Astra- ( and someone else wink ) are probably very young . the debate should have been about those people being in need and how to help or offering help . it turned sour for me when people judge other people by their appearance or status or when people place themselves of other human beings . Threads are being open with different names but same story how to bring down islam and its muslims ... they accuse of others being radical but many posts here are radical themselves . in one thread you even talked about yeah let wage war . accuse others but ya'll do the same thing . i am moroccan makes me arab by law by origin i decent from berbers and i am muslim . so , you talk about isis and what they do but quite frankly i would fear for my life if i was ever standing next to you ( or someone else wink ), you know - being an arab and muslim . me and a few others did believe that you had some valid points and we tried on numerous occasions and again we all believe what we want to believe or we all do what we think is right . but to decide over other peoples fate or act superior over those who desperately need help its just simply not right in my view . no body ever denied the fact that whats happening right now and that this situation got out of hand and that it is very overwhelming for so many countries . but you know , as it has shown that there are some countries that go out of their way despite the fact that they dont have much themselves proofed to be so much compassionate and Helen of Annoy gave a good description of that . And we know what had happened in croatia and they know suffering . But its always like this in life those who have suffered know what it feels like . And those who have a comfortable live are scared to share a bit . When a poor man looses his only one dollar he will go hungry , when rich people loose 1 million they become outraged . on top of it all we all recognize that with all those people coming in there is a great risk no doubt about it but lets be honest here for one second . if someone wants to come to your country and do bad things they can !!!!!!!!!!

As for my private live ... my Book was already judged to be fiction , i was called a liar without you/and /or knowing me . so you think i will tell my story here for people to rain down their smug little comments ??? nahhhh..... some people went through so horrible things and i already see how the issue is handled on these migrants, if i told my story it would be the same thing . People are so suspicious and call other people liar asking for proof and pictures that is really so immature . People have or had jobs, people do things for a living whats wrong with that ? There are millions of social workers , i happened to be one, working as a civilian for the US Air Force for 15 years . There are Doctors without borders there are so many organisations you call those people liars too ? People help People !!!! it is in some peoples human nature- anyways . İf you read even a bit of my posts , due to my line of work i joined quite a few orga's one of them for Rape Victims . we help women and children or you call them a liar too and they should proof it ??? possibly with a picture ...people need help in those extreme situations there are so many things going on that the media will never or hardly even cover . And now to were i live - again if you have read , i live in tunisia and dead people wash up on shore its a fact . it hurts me deeply unlike other people that dont give one crap about other people suffering . i dont have resentment against people if they have never done me wrong i dont judge others that i dont know unless they give me reason to otherwise . What others accuse me of about being sarcastic or playing the victim - they themselves need to take a good look at themselves . statements of the world doesnt revolve around me - really i find it sad . i have a voice and i use it just as others do . i will not be silenced just because others have problems with them disagreeing . To give a little sob story :w00t: ... in 2009 i was diagnosed with terminal cancer ( the tip of the ice berg with all that i have gone through lol ) and i was told to not plan life anymore just enjoy my time . well , am still alive :clap: and not once did i cry or feel like oh poor me ... no , it gave me the power to go on . And as long as i have breath in my lungs and legs that carry me and hands to help ,i will . Because i know how it feels to be at the bottom some choose to stay down but i never have . i have lived through things that some people only get to see on tv i have seen things that god forbid some people will ever see . if ignorant people call it fiction or call me a liar ??????? wellllllllllllllll... i believe in my maker and we all have to face him one day ...people always have been cruel to other people and always will be but there is just those few good ones that make life all worth while ------------- the end lol

Edited by YA AMAR

well reading his posts to me they are radical , however i can understand peoples worries thats not the issue here . i am sure they do their best already i never debated that because i know a tiny bit about whats going on . but his constant insults and calling others liar is pathetic . i have no problem reasoning with people but he never reads posts and dont reply . 90 % in my country are scared too and here the poor people losing the little jobs they had left and right . we are being brought down to our knees too but no one wants too hear that . he is so stuck in his view he forgets to see the big picture all i hear is me me me its a whole world out here

I often disagree with Steve but no, he is not a radical nor has he radical views. He has legit concerns about the future of his country like we all do.

I am sure that if UK was in a better shape Steve would have less concerns.

Unlike a few members on UM who are truly radical haters (they know who they are) Steve makes often good points without bringing disrespect and hate in.

Just my buckfifty.

• Like 1

I often disagree with Steve but no, he is not a radical nor has he radical views. He has legit concerns about the future of his country like we all do.

I am sure that if UK was in a better shape Steve would have less concerns.

Unlike a few members on UM who are truly radical haters (they know who they are) Steve makes often good points without bringing disrespect and hate in.

Just my buckfifty.

well let me throw in my nickles and dimes ...true that stevo had some good and valid points i never debated that . However i critisice his poor judgment on people and his view on who needs help and who shouldn't . And his lack of understanding some things without inquiring first . i did state the UK already went above and beyond their measures to help no doubt . Well define to me if you may the UK to be in the better shape i wish to understand it before i make conclusions but also i wish to share what i know . There are numerous British women coming to tunisia mostly older some younger bringing presents to arab men buying them cars building them houses paying them money and mostly these are young arab men we talk 21 yrs old male and sometimes 50 + up females . the www is full of stories about those so called scammed women by arab men . there is one popular site about that and when i read through it and the cash that these women throw around it makes the rest of think uuhhmm well they have no money issues second is french women third germany and a few others ... we have also formed a group here to go against this happening . Some talk about isis but these women come here and support those lazy b******* i talked with sooo many women and they say well in the west we do this we support our men and that might be true but here is other way around and now you have a bunch of leeches they have become literally milioniars due to scams . they dont even want to work anymore . i know a german woman that told her tunisian lover who is married and has children to come as a refugee and lie while she tell him in germany there are enough jobs for him and he will be taken care of she lies just to get him there . despite her knowing he is married she sends money every other day through western union and the sending fees alone is another subject lol . if a man has a job here he earns 150 max and these women send 500 euros plus ...so in their minds if women can do that they must be rich and if anyone claims that these are isolated incidents then come here and see . its a shame for both sides and those dirty b******* know no bounds . i never had an ipad or iphone or what not but these women treat them like gods . some only know them through internet but send huuuge amount of money . These people tell other people and so on and now there is a huge dilemma and i hope the uk steps up and forbid tunisians to marry british or any other . But the point i am making is that if all these women come here raining down cash on these b******* no wonder they think you guys are rich ... i am a women and i believe in hard work and i worked like a man when i was fit and now there is a huge crisis in this country due to western women spoiling these no good sob ( astaghfirullah ) . i will not brush all tunisians with the same brush there are still some good people but the majority is straight out rotten .

There are sooooooooooo many poor people here too but at least they never beg or cheat and those are in need of aid but instead of helping those these women rather throw down their cash in their throats . Why they desperately seeking arab men ????

Edited by YA AMAR

From YA AMAR:

http://www.unexplain...35#entry5634914

http://www.unexplain...50#entry5634994

i am NOT FROM a western society but i lived long enough in the western society ...

I know what you mean Amar. BUT. It is ultimately the mans fault in this case for accepting the money and having a relationship outside his marriage. Things like that happen all the time. Poles, Croats, Bosnians...some of them had arranged marriages to German men or women to get papers. In the process of searching for a better life this way many lifes were destroyed. Both sides are to blame not only one.

I know what you mean Amar. BUT. It is ultimately the mans fault in this case for accepting the money and having a relationship outside his marriage. Things like that happen all the time. Poles, Croats, Bosnians...some of them had arranged marriages to German men or women to get papers. In the process of searching for a better life this way many lifes were destroyed. Both sides are to blame not only one.

sorry i kindly disagree that it is alone the mens fault . it the chicken and egg theory what came first . and i live in this country and i know what i witness women often force the money on the men sadly many give in as everything has a price today . many women tell them they will support them that they dont have to work just so they spend time with them . i was cursed heavily specially by british that i was jealous uuuhhhmmm sorry i love my moroccan roots too much lol to be with a leech of this country here . my point still remains that the word has spread and many think other countries or people are rich