Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Croatia closes border crossings with Serbia

bubblykiss

ZAGREB, Croatia — European nations once friendly to refugees abruptly yanked their welcome mats Thursday, as Germany considered slashing its benefits and Croatia announced it was closing most of its road links with Serbia “until further notice.”

The German measures would overhaul asylum codes to stem the massive flow of migrants into Europe, scaling back the generous policies that have made Germany a beacon for desperate war refugees and economic migrants pouring out of the Middle East, Africa and beyond.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/croatia-closes-border-crossings-with-serbia-to-keep-out-migrants/ar-AAeq6D6?ocid=ansmsnnews11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Croatia

There was a recent CNN story asking why the Gulf States aren't you know, taking in 100s of thousands of refugees since they share a common culture, language (root language with dozens of variations but still mutually intelligible) and core faith system.

The Gulf States spokesman (because of course it had to be a dude) pointed out the extreme generosity of cash that the Gulf States have used to fund the refugees while also noting the possibility that terrorists and extremists could be among their numbers.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/world/gulf-states-syrian-refugee-crisis/index.html

• Like 3

Fences and borders are going up all over Europe. Its funny how They were all critical of Hungary But now their experiencing the flood of migrants borders, fences and troops to the fore. interesting to note the fight which took place in Croatia in Beli Manastir train station Syrians and Afghans started fighting with one another.

You couldnt make it up. when are people going to realise we in Europe have nothing in common with these people. traditions, ethically, culturally, System of Governance. Europe is wilfully sowing the seeds of its own demise.

Coming to a Town and City near you. lets hope they don't house them in the same neighbourhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCuxx4hKv5M

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 5

The most clogged border crossings were closed because of the large number of migrants (the term we use, does not exclude refugee status), the border wasn't closed.

Anyone travelling between Croatia and Serbia should go around (through Bosnia) and avoid Eastern Slavonia crossings.

The migrants will be let through Croatia, until further notice.

Where do you get your news from?

edit: the fight in Beli Manastir was over the moment police started whistling. Not beating anyone, just whistling.

Hungarian buses collect the B.Manastir crowd since this afternoon.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

There was a recent CNN story asking why the Gulf States aren't you know, taking in 100s of thousands of refugees since they share a common culture, language (root language with dozens of variations but still mutually intelligible) and core faith system.

The Gulf States spokesman (because of course it had to be a dude) pointed out the extreme generosity of cash that the Gulf States have used to fund the refugees while also noting the possibility that terrorists and extremists could be among their numbers.

http://www.cnn.com/2...isis/index.html

Let me get this straight...Gulf States aren't taking in refugees because they are "funding" them and pointing them towards Europe? Jeeze talk about "pass the buck"

• Like 7

Yesterday Croatia was saying we will allow migrants to pass through our country. they had the bear cheek to criticise Hungary for shutting the border. - BUT wait a minute less than 24 hours later - News just in Croatia has reversed its decision and is now putting migrants back on buses and returning them to Hungary and Slovenia.

You just have to laugh. Its an absolute shambles.

What has happened Croatia. :lol:

BBC NEWS.

Croatia has reversed its policy on allowing in migrants and is instead sending those already in the nation north, angering Hungary and Slovenia.

Croatia's PM Zoran Milanovic said it would not become a "migrant hotspot".

Hundreds of migrants were transported to Hungary, which accused Croatia of encouraging "mass criminal offences". Hungary is reportedly moving the migrants on towards Austria.

Slovenia accused Croatia of breaking rules for the EU and the Schengen zone.

• Like 3

Yesterday Croatia was saying we will allow migrants to pass through our country. they had the bear cheek to criticise Hungary for shutting the border. - BUT wait a minute less than 24 hours later - News just in Croatia has reversed its decision and is now putting migrants back on buses and returning them to Hungary and Slovenia.

You just have to laugh. Its an absolute shambles.

What has happened Croatia. :lol:

The migrants are coming from Serbia, came there from Macedonia, came there from Greece, came there from Turkey, came there from Syria (also Iraq, Afghanistan and else).

Those who crossed into Hungary did not cross back into Serbia and then into Croatia. Grab a map, maybe you'll get it.

Migrants will be allowed to pass through, they will be given help, they can't stay because Croatia is too small and will not be a hotspot. Serbia volunteered for that position and they're not even EU.

And what has happened to Croatia? We're trying not to follow UK example. We won't have islamic extremists immune to law in our country, while common people are refused.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

Seems the European ideal is dead and buried thank goodness, and just proves that even the richest EEC nations cannot afford migrants on this scale.

Merkel is looking pretty dumb right about now.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 5

Seems the European ideal is dead and buried thank goodness, and just proves that even the richest EEC nations cannot afford migrants on this scale.

Merkel is looking pretty dumb right about now.

I linked to an article in another thread where Merkel was claiming that "mass immigration and integration in Germany is a complete and utter failure".

The article was from 2010. Nice to see not much has changed

• Like 3

Everyone will be closing their borders before its over. That's the only thing that they can do. Too many of them. Wish we would. Dealing with millions of people entering your country illegally is very expensive.

Gulf countries should take some of the refugees and if Russia is so willing to get involved with Syria why can't they take some too.

• Like 5

The migrants are coming from Serbia, came there from Macedonia, came there from Greece, came there from Turkey, came there from Syria (also Iraq, Afghanistan and else).

Those who crossed into Hungary did not cross back into Serbia and then into Croatia. Grab a map, maybe you'll get it.

Migrants will be allowed to pass through, they will be given help, they can't stay because Croatia is too small and will not be a hotspot. Serbia volunteered for that position and they're not even EU.

And what has happened to Croatia? We're trying not to follow UK example. We won't have islamic extremists immune to law in our country, while common people are refused.

Im well aware of the map of Europe. My point still stands and ill make it again, - Croatia had initially said the migrants would be welcome, but today (Friday) it said it was overwhelmed and would not become a "migrant hotspot". Croatia despatched at least 20 busloads of migrants and a train carrying 1,000 more towards Hungary.

When you say your not trying to follow the Example of the UK? Very strange policy not to follow the UK, the only Country so far to take the correct approach is the United Kingdom, For example. We are spending £1Billion on the UN refugee camps, more than europe combined Now that's a massive sum of money and to give that a sense of scale Germany give 300mliion that gives a sense of scale to measure the generosity of the British people by. We are taking Refugees out from the camps, the most vulnerable as denoted by the UN workers - Because the British Government doesn't want the Refugees leaving the camps, risking their lives crossing the seas or paying human traffickers, and then having to walk hundreds of miles through Europe.

But we can only do what we can sometimes common sense falls on deaf ears and you just have to let others get on with it, doomed to keep repeating the same old mistakes. But as a country we shouldn't no be expected to pay for those mistakes, EU/German mistsakes when our policy and the action would have prevented the problems Europe is facing today.

• Like 5

You couldnt make it up. when are people going to realise we in Europe have nothing in common with these people. traditions, ethically, culturally, System of Governance

i am speechless ... you never know who might save your life one day

what a sad statement

Edited by YA AMAR

meanwhile, mina camp in saudi arabia is empty, and big enough for 3 mil. it is only used 5 days a year,

12039340_10153089598016560_6373407346812153620_n.jpg?oh=a71cd3d309beb3a783792b84c900b964&oe=5699CA9D

11998927_10153089598061560_1414581017563400263_n.jpg?oh=2e521224cc007be591241cf23db8849c&oe=56ABD6C7

Hey it's for pilgrims, OK? Stop being a religious bigot.

Edit to add--

It's a stone's throw away real close to Syria and the tent's have A/C?

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

Hey it's for pilgrims, OK? Stop being a religious bigot.

Edit to add--

It's a stone's throw away real close to Syria and the tent's have A/C?

There was a Saudi government official about a month back saying they didn't want to take any refugees. because they don't recognise refugees, and went to state security risks, and the destabilising effect refugees would have on Saudi Arabia. i guess they've continued with this policy.

• Like 1

Im well aware of the map of Europe. My point still stands and ill make it again, - Croatia had initially said the migrants would be welcome, but today (Friday) it said it was overwhelmed and would not become a "migrant hotspot". Croatia despatched at least 20 busloads of migrants and a train carrying 1,000 more towards Hungary.

17,063 migrants entered Croatia so far, about 3,000 exited to Hungary, it’s Slovenia’s turn to open the border and let them pass through. Slovenian media reports about 1,000 illegal crossings – either we open the borders or not, these people have nothing to lose, they’ll keep creeping through.

Migrants are welcome, my Slavonians are donating them clothes and cooking them dinners, some of these people hadn’t a warm, real meal in weeks. Many of us remember how it feels like to be a refugee.

We can’t drown them in Danube or something, or keep juggling with them between us.

There will be more trains and buses, the dynamic depends on others. As soon as Slovenia lets some, we’ll let some more, Slovenia is waiting for Austria and Austria is waiting for Haider to stop spinning in his grave :lol: Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Bosnia estimates they can take 5,000. Which is huge considering how hard it is for them at the moment.

When you say your not trying to follow the Example of the UK? Very strange policy not to follow the UK, the only Country so far to take the correct approach is the United Kingdom, For example. We are spending £1Billion on the UN refugee camps, more than europe combined Now that's a massive sum of money and to give that a sense of scale Germany give 300mliion that gives a sense of scale to measure the generosity of the British people by. We are taking Refugees out from the camps, the most vulnerable as denoted by the UN workers - Because the British Government doesn't want the Refugees leaving the camps, risking their lives crossing the seas or paying human traffickers, and then having to walk hundreds of miles through Europe.

No, no, all glory to your humanitarian efforts.

You know what I meant. Your hate preachers, your seasonal jihadists your authorities ignore, your ******* Jihadi John who cut my coutryman’s head off and also the head of a Canadian that was married to a Croatian woman. It’s your government’s fault that two of my own were killed by ISIS freak who thrived on your benefits and grave idiotism of your leaders who eradicate your own heritage but don’t know how to erradicate islamist rabies.

But we can only do what we can sometimes common sense falls on deaf ears and you just have to let others get on with it, doomed to keep repeating the same old mistakes. But as a country we shouldn't no be expected to pay for those mistakes, EU/German mistsakes when our policy and the action would have prevented the problems Europe is facing today.

Indeed. You should exit EU, put huge cork into the La Manche tunnel and start doing your plumbing by yourselves.

• Like 1

I think we give plenty to help take care of the refugees. I wonder why Saudi Arabia isn't among the top donors. Why can't they let them move in that camp Aztek posted a picture of.

Kuwait has stood out as the largest donor, delivering nearly one-third of all aid pledged to the Syrian crisis through the U.N, or $800 million since 2012, while the UAE has given $364 million. These sums are lower than the $1 billion from the U.K. or $3 billion from the U.S., but considerably higher as a proportion of GDP.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-arent-gulf-countries-taking-syrian-refugees-370189

• Like 2

There was a Saudi government official about a month back saying they didn't want to take any refugees. because they don't recognise refugees, and went to state security risks, and the destabilising effect refugees would have on Saudi Arabia. i guess they've continued with this policy.

I don't think any of the Gulf states recognize refugees. Saudi Arabia deported about 50,000 Ethiopians not long ago, year or so.

17,063 migrants entered Croatia so far, about 3,000 exited to Hungary, it’s Slovenia’s turn to open the border and let them pass through. Slovenian media reports about 1,000 illegal crossings – either we open the borders or not, these people have nothing to lose, they’ll keep creeping through.

Migrants are welcome, my Slavonians are donating them clothes and cooking them dinners, some of these people hadn’t a warm, real meal in weeks. Many of us remember how it feels like to be a refugee.

We can’t drown them in Danube or something, or keep juggling with them between us.

There will be more trains and buses, the dynamic depends on others. As soon as Slovenia lets some, we’ll let some more, Slovenia is waiting for Austria and Austria is waiting for Haider to stop spinning in his grave :lol: Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Bosnia estimates they can take 5,000. Which is huge considering how hard it is for them at the moment.

No, no, all glory to your humanitarian efforts.

You know what I meant. Your hate preachers, your seasonal jihadists your authorities ignore, your ******* Jihadi John who cut my coutryman’s head off and also the head of a Canadian that was married to a Croatian woman. It’s your government’s fault that two of my own were killed by ISIS freak who thrived on your benefits and grave idiotism of your leaders who eradicate your own heritage but don’t know how to erradicate islamist rabies.

Indeed. You should exit EU, put huge cork into the La Manche tunnel and start doing your plumbing by yourselves.

Jihadi john was our governments fault? He might have been classed as British, But if a dog is born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse.

• Like 5

Jihadi john was our governments fault? He might have been classed as British, But if a dog is born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse.

Yes, your government's fault. And which is worse: that your authorities know about jihadist organizations and do nothing, or they don't even know what's going on?

Hundreds of islamists are going in and out of your country without any sanctions and remind me when was the last time you panicked about that?

Whole world knows your country is the hotspot for actual terrorists, but it's non-islamist migrants that scare you?!

Not just Europe, whole world suffers consequences of your government's chronic tolerance to actual islamists. You will put Europe into position where it will be forced to defend itself violently.

edit: All right, French too. This mess is yours and French fault. Your attitude towards common minorities and the actual plague are exactly opposite of the sane.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

first of all dogs are very noble creatures as all animals, secondly noone is born evil, do you really think peopel are born as terrorists, if that is the case then something is seriously wrong with you.

• Like 1

first of all dogs are very noble creatures as all animals, secondly noone is born evil, do you really think peopel are born as terrorists, if that is the case then something is seriously wrong with you.

I think you have to be seriously mentally deranged to cut somebodies head off with a knife, so I think some people are born like that.Sometimes even Dogs are mad and need to be put down.

• Like 5

, do you really think peopel are born as terrorists,

i do, some people are born with predesposition for violence, it is well established medical fact. lack of self control gene. whether they become terrorists, rapist, murderers,...etc, is secondary.

• Like 2

Yes, your government's fault. And which is worse: that your authorities know about jihadist organizations and do nothing, or they don't even know what's going on?

Hundreds of islamists are going in and out of your country without any sanctions and remind me when was the last time you panicked about that?

Whole world knows your country is the hotspot for actual terrorists, but it's non-islamist migrants that scare you?!

Not just Europe, whole world suffers consequences of your government's chronic tolerance to actual islamists. You will put Europe into position where it will be forced to defend itself violently.

edit: All right, French too. This mess is yours and French fault. Your attitude towards common minorities and the actual plague are exactly opposite of the sane.

I cant quite understand the point your making? Are you blaming the UK and France because of "our attitudes" towards minority groups? And yet in the next breath you are asking us to show the same "attitudes" to thousands of unknown Syrian Refugees? you want to make your mind up.

If people don't break the laws of the land you cannot just arrest them until such time they break those laws. I guess that's the price we pay for a open society and freedoms after all this stance is in accordance with the European Union laws on human rights, the very same Union your country has joined and the very same laws and directives you yourself as a country have to adhere to.

• Like 1