Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman tells dispatcher she saw Bigfoot w/baby

Sakari

Bedford Co., VA (WSET) - He's a legend. Most say a myth. People hunt for him on reality television. But a woman in Virginia says her story is no joke. She called the sheriff’s office about Bigfoot.

The woman told local television station WSETshe recently moved to the area and does not want to get a reputation with her new neighbors. But she says she's sticking to her story about spotting Bigfoot.

Here is link, with News video.... http://www.foxsanant...ml#.VgHDnJdcDYg

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length. Please avoid copy & pasting entire article.
  • Like 1

Woman tells dispatcher she's seen bigfoot with a baby.

Dispatcher tells woman to put down the bong.

• Like 4

Sasquatch sightings in the north I can at least kind of understand. They probably saw a bear or something. But in Virginia? That seems like a massively unlikely thing to see. She also sounded totally off her rocker.

• Like 1

Sasquatch sightings in the north I can at least kind of understand. They probably saw a bear or something. But in Virginia? That seems like a massively unlikely thing to see. She also sounded totally off her rocker.

There are a handful of sightings a year here in VA, there was one in the general area I live not a few months ago. They've supposedly been spotted up and down the Appalachian Mountains.

I've seen my fair share of odd folk (the human kind) when camping in rural VA. Its an honest mistake.

Oh, most definitely. There's a very large, very hairy man who lives right down the road from me who I could mistake for a Bigfoot under the right conditions, not to mention the more reclusive types who live further out in the woods.

That being said, there are quite a few remote patches of thickly forested mountain out here that don't get a lot of traffic, motorized or foot. If there is anything big and clever living out there, there are plenty of places it could hide... and plenty of woodland moonshine stills and smokehouses it could raid :yes:

• Like 2

It probably was exactly what it looked like... A Chewbacca costume.

Sakari.... You didn't happen to visit Virginia lately did you? :whistle:

• Like 2

Normally I would say that you couldn't make this stuff up but apparently it appears you can.

• Like 1

Some people should never be behind the wheel of a car.

LOL. *anybody* that reports seeing BF seems totally off their rocker. That's why many BF and UFO sighters never tell anyone what they saw.

There are a handful of sightings a year here in VA, there was one in the general area I live not a few months ago. They've supposedly been spotted up and down the Appalachian Mountains.

Oh, most definitely. There's a very large, very hairy man who lives right down the road from me who I could mistake for a Bigfoot under the right conditions, not to mention the more reclusive types who live further out in the woods.

That being said, there are quite a few remote patches of thickly forested mountain out here that don't get a lot of traffic, motorized or foot. If there is anything big and clever living out there, there are plenty of places it could hide... and plenty of woodland moonshine stills and smokehouses it could raid :yes:

Well, I see what you mean but the length of the stride would tend to leave out humans, so might the baby in arms - that's *IF* you believe her in that she saw something. She blew the whole thing by not getting plaster of paris prints. At least then she'd have something to back her up.

Just as an aside, and I direct this to ALL in here, not to Cassafrass necessarily...... if you all don't believe in *anything* supernatural, why do you post at U-M? strange.

Just as an aside, and I direct this to ALL in here, not to Cassafrass necessarily...... if you all don't believe in *anything* supernatural, why do you post at U-M? strange.

To discuss the supernatural, perhaps?

How do non believers KNOW it wasn't what she saw? Were you there? Sightings have been as far south as Florida so Virginia is not a stretch. Do people know what's in every square mile, or acre for that matter, of our nation's forests? No.

Bedford Co., VA (WSET) - He's a legend. Most say a myth. People hunt for him on reality television. But a woman in Virginia says her story is no joke. She called the sheriff’s office about Bigfoot.

Then I'm convinced! That's all it took.

LOL. *anybody* that reports seeing BF seems totally off their rocker. That's why many BF and UFO sighters never tell anyone what they saw.

Then how will they get the help they need to fix that rocker? Seems they're being incredibly irresponsible...

Why do you? To throw around claims and not back them up? You can do that on any other forum as well. I'm because this stuff is greatly interesting. Just because I don't fall for woo doesn't mean I'm not learning stuff here. I'd like proof someday, I'd like to be convinced. Hasn't happened yet, sadly.

How do non believers KNOW it wasn't what she saw? Were you there? Sightings have been as far south as Florida so Virginia is not a stretch. Do people know what's in every square mile, or acre for that matter, of our nation's forests? No.

We concede that she saw "something". If she provides proof that it was actually a bigfoot species, then yeah, it's a bigfoot species. Until then, it's just a story.

Why would you instantly think it was bigfoot before anything mundane? Why does it always have to be the wild explanation instead of something normal?

Why would you take this woman's word without any sort of verification? What makes her more of a reliable witness than every other person?

• Like 1

Bedford VA is not exactly dense woods. It does back up to the Peaks of Otter area along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It lies on the boundary between the piedmont and mountains.

One of the things defining the plant communities in that area is the deer population. Deer are browsers and the deer population is at a density of 55 deer per square mile, or 55 per 260 hectares. The land at Bedford and to the east is broken woods with open fields and small trees supporting a large deer population. To the west the land rises up to the Blue Ridge mountains. These are wooded.The mountains are only a few miles across. The west side of the Blue Ridge is a wide valley that is also relatively clear and a busy interstate is found there. For an elusive animal to hide it must be in that long, but narrow strip of the Blue Ridge mountains. The doesn't leave much territory for something like a bigfoot.

For that reason alone I doubt this story. This is like the story about seeing bigfoot in a park in NYC. Simply not likely.

To keep the sanity in check. And, to not let easily influenced people be mis-led. And, to learn things, and teach things.

Not to mention, I enjoy the topics.

People see ( report ) all sorts of things. Scott Stapp drove around the USA with Jesus on his hood telling him where to go, and what to do.

And yes, we do pretty much know what is in our forests, every square mile.

There are places where there are intense efforts to document every species. The Smokey Mountains is such a place. One of the areas of Virginia will do the same. The goal is to document all of the bacteria, fungi, trees, flowers, birds, insects, amphibians, etc. The effort at the Smokies turned up some new species in the process.

Finding and identifying a new species of fungi or insect or spider is much harder than say determining the existence of a species of primate, don't you agree?

• 1 month later...

Fun fact Chewbacca was modeled after Bigfoot.