Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ben Carson - Big Bang and Evolution

StarMountainKid

I don't think anyone here is saying Carson is an idiot as to say that he is simply stupid. Obviously, he's not. He's a very accomplished, highly intelligent man in his given line of work.

Let's not make a mess of this and intentionally misinterpret what folks are saying. Instead, they're saying he's a political idiot. From what I've seen so far, I'd have to agree. The man has little going for him from a political standpoint. Instead of focusing on his academic credentials and career accomplishments, what genuinely impresses you? What hard stances has he taken on any issue to tell you, yes, he deserves the nomination more than that other guy spouting the same rehearsed crap?

No charisma, no firm views. The guy sounds like he doesn't even want to be there.

What do you think it means when someone writes: "I don't like him because he is an idiot"? I think it means that the poster thinks the man is an idiot. I'm not a mind reader, I just read what people write. Anyone that typed those words if they didn't think the man was an idiot would be...well an idiot.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 2

I was wondering because the only ones I hear talking about it any more are the people mocking Republicans.

Birthers are still a pretty vocal percentage in the GOP base. It seems Trump was the one that brought it up in the debate, or rather ine of his supporters.

My mother, older sister, and her husband, are all convinced Obama is a KenyanMuslim atheist.

Of course they dont represent any sort of sample size, but the articles and memes they share indicate it is still popular.

• Like 1

"God Bless America" said Barack Obama a hundred times. Must be the Big Bang God, hurrr

you don't have to be an atheist to believe in the big bang. Plenty of Christians fit midern science into their religion.

I don't care if he's a Kenyan Hawaiian Half-White Muslim Christian Atheist. Who bloody cares??? Word to the wise, that we continue to hammer away at this chronic BS starts to reflect upon ourselves, eventually.

Even here, in a thread about Ben Carson's religious beliefs it falls right down back into the Don's birther biz.

• Like 1

you don't have to be an atheist to believe in the big bang. Plenty of Christians fit midern science into their religion.

So what? Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, so here's to another terrific Christian President then.

you mean to tell me that a neurosurgeon needs to know nothing about biology?

No, I mean he doesn't believe in evolution but probably is somewhat of an expert on biology.

Side note: After watching a show about the complicated world of insects, mainly wasps, ants, and bees, I believe there is a very compelling argument for intelligent design which in my opinion does not mean that there is no evolution. I think that evolution and creationism are two sides of the same coin.

Well, Congress is trying to defund Planned Parenthood based on religious believes, is that example enough?

No they're not, they're trying to defund it on moral beliefs. Are you saying that without religion there can be no morals?
  • Like 3

So what? Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, so here's to another terrific Christian President then.

My point was that it really doesn't matter if someone is atheist ir not, in their ability to understand science.
  • Like 1

No they're not, they're trying to defund it on moral beliefs. Are you saying that without religion there can be no morals?

Yeh? So how about fertility clinics then of it is morals?

No, I mean he doesn't believe in evolution but probably is somewhat of an expert on biology.

Side note: After watching a show about the complicated world of insects, mainly wasps, ants, and bees, I believe there is a very compelling argument for intelligent design which in my opinion does not mean that there is no evolution. I think that evolution and creationism are two sides of the same coin.

Not exactly. Doctors are not biologists. They will understand the mechanics in the same way your mechanic understands the mechanics of an engine.

In general of course.

And no, maybe it seems plausible from a short tv documentary but intelligent design doesnt work in the actual science.

• Like 2

Of course not, but their moral ground is their religious beliefs. And in this case backed by fraudulebt claims.
  • Like 1

What do you think it means when someone writes: "I don't like him because he is an idiot"? I think it means that the poster thinks the man is an idiot. I'm not a mind reader, I just read what people write. Anyone that typed those words if they didn't think the man was an idiot would be...well an idiot.

Bama, hear me out, here.

You're taking things too literally. The terms idiot, moron and imbecile used to be legitimate medical terms to refer to those who fell into certain IQ ranges. I don't think a single critic of Carson's - atleast on this forum - somehow feels this man is behind the intellectual Bell Curve. His credentials say as much.

People are saying he's a political idiot for the same reasons I previously stated. He has zero experience and it shows dearly. To me, there's no reason for me to accept him any more than I do the other candidates. That's not saying much, though.

I don't understand why you hang on that word so defiantly. People don't think Carson is a stupid man, in general. When people say I'm an idiot with quantum physics, I can't argue much.

Not exactly. Doctors are not biologists. They will understand the mechanics in the same way your mechanic understands the mechanics of an engine.

In general of course.

And no, maybe it seems plausible from a short tv documentary but intelligent design doesnt work in the actual science.

Especially if we consider that an omniscient being would not commit errors like creating an unnecessary appendix, or putting inter vertebral disks designed for a quadruped into a biped (which by the way, is the reason most people end up getting back aches).

• Like 1

No he has denied at least three pieces of crucial science in favour of hi9s ideology and his religion.

And what are those three things? (just wanting to be clear.)

Will you agree that science is not an opinion poll and as such if scientific evidence exists that shows that anthropomorphic climate change does not exist, then by the scientific principle has disproved ACC? Evidence does exist, so ACC is just a matter of opinion.

The last thing America and the World needs is another religious fanatic as commander in chief.

Not even the Pope can keep up with that record.

I would agree but we also don't need someone that will destroy the moral foundations that this nation was built on (i.e. by militant atheism or Islam). But I hardly would consider Carson as a religious fanatic.

It seems to be a basic requirement of been a Rub to be an enemy of science - which cannot be good for the nations future should any one of them get elected.

The greatest enemy of science and this nation is basing critical decisions on opinion masquerading as science (i.e. ACC) driven by an anti-American Exceptionalism policy.

• Like 4

A deist believes god started the universe an then took no further action.

That is the generic definition. But to assume that he took no further action is also misleading. The issue of miracles play a key role as of the "known" miracles, which ones were created by Man and which ones GOD actually did interact with his creation? It wasn't that he took no further action as that he does as he pleases. Evolution is a miracle as it is his proxy operating in this world.

A miracle is something that violates natural law. Evolution does not.

A strict deist does not believe that Jesus was the son of god, or that god takes an active role in the universe.

Some Deists also believe that God is impossible to understand, therefore we don't and that (like Keith Moon) everything ever said about God is true. Especially the contradictory stuff and the stuff that makes no sense.

intelligent design doesnt work in the actual science.

Tell it to Einstein. He believed in intelligent design. By all accounts he was a pretty smart fella with a much better understanding of the physical universe than 99.999% of the people that have ever been born.

Of course not, but their moral ground is their religious beliefs. And in this case backed by fraudulebt claims.

Prove it.
  • Like 1

Bama, hear me out, here.

You're taking things too literally. The terms idiot, moron and imbecile used to be legitimate medical terms to refer to those who fell into certain IQ ranges. I don't think a single critic of Carson's - atleast on this forum - somehow feels this man is behind the intellectual Bell Curve. His credentials say as much.

People are saying he's a political idiot for the same reasons I previously stated. He has zero experience and it shows dearly. To me, there's no reason for me to accept him any more than I do the other candidates. That's not saying much, though.

I don't understand why you hang on that word so defiantly. People don't think Carson is a stupid man, in general. When people say I'm an idiot with quantum physics, I can't argue much.

Well hear me out. You only having 39 posts so are likely not aware that man made climate change is BR's religion.
  • Like 1

A miracle is something that violates natural law. Evolution does not.

Not unnecessarily. A miracle is when GOD interacts with his creation. Sometimes things that violate natural law occur. It's not a requirement that it does.

A strict deist does not believe that Jesus was the son of god,

A strict deist, perhaps, but it depends on how you view Jesus. I.e. the divinity of Christ and the Trinity. Is Jesus GOD? Is he man? Is he just a different aspect of GOD?

or that god takes an active role in the universe.

Do you know of any mechanic or any tinkerer that doesn't tweak his creation?

Tell it to Einstein. He believed in intelligent design. By all accounts he was a pretty smart fella with a much better understanding of the physical universe than 99.999% of the people that have ever been born.

Prove it.

"Oh yeah well this smart guy agrees with me!"

Yes, a century ago he was the best physicist of the time, though he also dismissed quantum physics.

Having read up on Einstein, since he comes up a lot on these sorts of debates, his higher power was physics. Not any sort of personal deity.

Intelligent design has been recognized as religion both in science and through court of law.

As for prpving it, every single time I see a politician mention abortion, it is most often in the same breathe as their religious beliefs.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Einstein embraced any idea of design in biology and the evolution of life. The quotes that are often used to support this are more about his views of natural laws that govern the universe. As such, it seems more of a cosmological argument than a teleological one.

Well hear me out. You only having 39 posts so are likely not aware that man made climate change is BR's religion.

I don't follow, OS? Who is BR and what does climate change have to do with it?

Not being snarky, just curious.

Edit: I think I've figured it out. Thanks

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry

Not unnecessarily. A miracle is when GOD interacts with his creation. Sometimes things that violate natural law occur. It's not a requirement that it does.

A strict deist, perhaps, but it depends on how you view Jesus. I.e. the divinity of Christ and the Trinity. Is Jesus GOD? Is he man? Is he just a different aspect of GOD?

Do you know of any mechanic or any tinkerer that doesn't tweak his creation?

definitionally a miracle is where the natural law has been affected.

If you have your own definition, fine, but that is what the word means. Same to with deist.

If you believe Jesus was god or an aspect or became one, you believe god does get involved in the worl, making you at best a weak Christian deist.

And yes, I know plenty of mechanics who dont. I know plenty of others who can only switch parts without any greater understanding. I work in a machine shop.