Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Early Australians Lived With Giant Lizards

Anomalocaris

Early Australians May Have Lived With Giant Lizards

Stories of giant lizards roaming the Australian outback might seem like just another Bigfoot myth, but newly-discovered fossils suggest that it wasn’t just a tall tale for the first humans to set foot down under.

arrow3.gifRead more

• Like 3

yeah ... if you could catch one ... I have also seen an old painting of a bunch of those guys battling a giant snake .

A bit south from me in Dhungutti country they say ( at a specific spot) "Dont you kids go up on that mountain - the big wombat will get you . " They have been saying that since they were there. A few years back a giant wombat skeleton fossil was found up there ( well ' found ' , by whitey, that is .... the Kooris found it long ago apparently, or may have lived alongside them.

3T_419_PatrickTheWombat_1.jpg

Noooo .... giant wombat ;

preflood37.jpg

(Warning; the methane gasses emitted by the giant wombat during testing may not be the same as during normal operating procedure. )

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4

I'm more a dinosaur fanboy, but this megafauna looks insane. Too bad they can't be resurrected.

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 2

Excellent food source. How scary though seriously, wombats the size of rhinos? Although i'm pretty sure ive seen 7ft roos'

Edited by Paranomali

Yep, one big monitor lizard, about twice the size of a Komodo Dragon, probably also venomous. The Perentie is the largest living monitor to survive in Oz, as least as far as we know, and its pretty formidable.