Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre howls spark Sasquatch hunt

Still Waters

all bs tryin to get ppl to come visit this hole

Its by no means "a hole" I've had many a fishing/camping trip to Cormorant.

You just come across as ignorant and nastey making comments like that

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who knows what's lurking within the vast, empty wilderness of Canada? It's a country the same size as Europe but with a population of just 35 million. There are probably vast tracts of land where no human being has ever set before before.

Edited by Black Monk

Albert Bay, Cormorant Island - note both its proximity to Vancouver Island (a bit over 1 mile) and Vancouver Island's proximity from the mainland (a bit over 1 mile at closest point). Also note that game animals like deer, moose, and bears are all good swimmers:

00small11202836.JPG

This deer was found swimming out in the gulf of Mexico. I forget how far it was found but as I remember it was many miles from shore. [source]

(Adult moose) are excellent swimmers and can cross large expanses swimming up to 6 miles per hour for two hours at one time. [source]

Black bears can swim at least a mile and a half in fresh water, and one was recorded swimming for more than nine miles in the Gulf of Mexico... In Montana, a young female grizzly bear that was fitted with a tracking collar made several swimming trips across lakes. Her longest swim took between eight and twelve hours and spanned about seven miles. [source]

They even do bear watching (black bears) on Vancouver Island as a tourist activity - the bears aren't stranded there. Interestingly, there have been a few cases of ambitious grizzlies spotted on northern Vancouver Island, presumably after swimming over from the mainland. [source]

What kind of bait were you using, lol!

• Like 2

Who knows what's lurking within the vast, empty wilderness of Canada? It's a country the same size as Europe but with a population of just 35 million. There are probably vast tracts of land where no human being has ever set before before.

Most has been logged.

Bigfoot sightings have been reported all over the world. Not just Canada.

• Like 1

Scary sounds....must be bigfeet. They can't possibly be bothered to use any sort of critical thinking first before leaping that that conclusion? Or any sort of research?

[/size][/font][/color]

Yeah, I'm sure that happened.... :innocent:

Trouble is they do all there research with high powered rifles that's possibly why they call it Alert Bay! :w00t: Quick shoot the darn thing.

• Like 1

Trouble is they do all there research with high powered rifles that's possibly why they call it Alert Bay! :w00t: Quick shoot the darn thing.

At least, if that happened, we'd have definitive proof for once.

• Like 1

There sure are. Most of the country is uninhabited. However, Cormorant island is only a few square kilometres, and there is nowhere for a sasquatch to hide.

• Like 2

There sure are. Most of the country is uninhabited. However, Cormorant island is only a few square kilometres, and there is nowhere for a sasquatch to hide.

I bet there are plenty of places for it to "hide." I bet there's a whole colony of Sasquatch on the island and most people on it are completely unawares.

20_big.jpg

• Like 1

I bet there are plenty of places for it to "hide." I bet there's a whole colony of Sasquatch on the island and most people on it are completely unawares.

20_big.jpg

I really, really, truly, hope that you are joking.

• Like 1

I really, really, truly, hope that you are joking.

If you were at one end, and i was at the other, we could shake hands within 15 minutes

• Like 1

If you were at one end, and i was at the other, we could shake hands within 15 minutes

Yes, this is true. I spend much time on Cormorant island. The U'Mista cultural centre is my favourite. I've even learned a little bit of Kwak'wala.

• Like 1

Albert Bay, Cormorant Island - note both its proximity to Vancouver Island (a bit over 1 mile) and Vancouver Island's proximity from the mainland (a bit over 1 mile at closest point). Also note that game animals like deer, moose, and bears are all good swimmers:

00small11202836.JPG

This deer was found swimming out in the gulf of Mexico. I forget how far it was found but as I remember it was many miles from shore. [source]

(Adult moose) are excellent swimmers and can cross large expanses swimming up to 6 miles per hour for two hours at one time. [source]

Black bears can swim at least a mile and a half in fresh water, and one was recorded swimming for more than nine miles in the Gulf of Mexico... In Montana, a young female grizzly bear that was fitted with a tracking collar made several swimming trips across lakes. Her longest swim took between eight and twelve hours and spanned about seven miles. [source]

They even do bear watching (black bears) on Vancouver Island as a tourist activity - the bears aren't stranded there. Interestingly, there have been a few cases of ambitious grizzlies spotted on northern Vancouver Island, presumably after swimming over from the mainland. [source]

IDEA: See if you can replace the deer in that pic with a BF pic. lol. Yeah! BF swam to the island

BF ?? Boy friend? Big Fish? British fox?

IDEA: See if you can replace the deer in that pic with a BF pic. lol. Yeah! BF swam to the island

Bigfoot can swim? Why bother when you can shapeshift into a dolphin, teleport, or slip between dimensions, right?

• Like 3

... or a UFO dropped Bigfoot off on the wrong island which explains the howl (of frustration).

Can't prove it didn't happen...

• Like 1

... or a UFO dropped Bigfoot off on the wrong island which explains the howl (of frustration).

Can't prove it didn't happen...

And you can't prove that it did happen.

:P

with an island that small and with as many residents as it has, why, oh, why did people not scour the island for foot prints? doesn't feel right to me.

• Like 1

I suppose locals felt the odds are so far against a Bigfoot being there that it was not worth the time.

with an island that small and with as many residents as it has, why, oh, why did people not scour the island for foot prints? doesn't feel right to me.

Largely because there is a thing known as "island time" that happens on all the little islands on BC's coast, wherein the inhabitants take their sweet time doing ANYTHING. Even the ferries that lead to the islands only have tentative schedules.

• Like 1

I can second that, there is very little wildlife on the island, no large predators or deer at all

Then what do the local Susquatch eat? Grubs, fish, shoots and berries I suppose. No?

And you can't prove that it did happen.

:P

Pffft! That's not how cryptozoology works...

Standard rules of logic fail in instances such as this because it is not a standard situation. Bigfoot is a non-standard paranormal mystery (*cue spooky music*)...

So let's apply some non-standard crypto-logic:

Regular animals (like bears, deer, moose, cougars, and wolves) can only reach the island by swimming whereas Bigfoot could reach the island by teleportation, shapeshifting into a dolphin, dimensional jumps, and hitching a ride with their alien creator-overlords as well as by conventional swimming. Therefore it is far more likely that Bigfoot got to Cormorant Island than some regular boring animal...

Furthermore, there is no indication that bears, deer, moose, cougars, or wolves have ever got to Cormorant Island in recent years but in that time people there have reported seeing Bigfoot. Coincidence? I think not...

Fear not! Renowned Sasquatch investigator John Bindernagel is on the case. "It’s not that scientists are out there looking for it and can’t find it, scientists are looking the other way." He knows there's a larger conspiracy afoot. It's one thing for scientists who are out there not looking for Bigfoot to not find it but when a scientist like Bindernagel is out there specifically looking for Bigfoot and still not finding it you can be damn sure that Bigfoot is out there. Crypto-logic 101...

Fear not! Renowned Sasquatch investigator John Bindernagel is on the case. "It’s not that scientists are out there looking for it and can’t find it, scientists are looking the other way." He knows there's a larger conspiracy afoot. It's one thing for scientists who are out there not looking for Bigfoot to not find it but when a scientist like Bindernagel is out there specifically looking for Bigfoot and still not finding it you can be damn sure that Bigfoot is out there. Crypto-logic 101...

Nailed it. :yes:

It's obvious all of these scientists doing field work, including wildlife biologists, are never going to notice a species of 8-12' apes strolling around the place or their impact on the environment because they're not specifically looking for said 8-12' apes. Simply wouldn't notice 'em. Same reason paleontologists find nothing, they just throw bigfoot fossils away without noticing because they aren't looking for bigfoot.

When you also throw in the scientists who are looking for bigfoot and still can't find it, seals the deal, bigfoot must be there. It's the MIB's fault then. That's basic crypto logic.

ps. Wouldn't laugh at the notion of bigfoot swimming to such an island. I remember reading one or two reports from Hawaii, which means he had to get there.....

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1

When you also throw in the scientists who are looking for bigfoot and still can't find it, seals the deal, bigfoot must be there. It's the MIB's fault then.

That really happened - The Government Just Shutdown a Bigfoot Researcher - or did it? Who can say anything definitive about a case like this?

I had brought this up in an earlier thread and just had a quick look to see how it has progressed and whoa! It made my head swim...

That particular goblin-hole is way too deep for this little white wabbit but if anyone is interested there is just so much material out there to follow up. Fascinating stuff but my plate is already over-full...

Anyone up to examining the strange case of Bigfoot-researcher Bob Garrett & the M.I.B.?

I suppose locals felt the odds are so far against a Bigfoot being there that it was not worth the time.

Maybe, but somehow the story made it to the media. I'm beginning to agree with others that think it is a plot to bring in tourists $$$$

• Like 1