Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MoD investigated 1977 UFO sightings in Wales

UM-Bot

Newly declassified documents suggest that authorities knew all about the Broad Haven Triangle mystery.

One of the best known UFO incidents in the UK, the Broad Haven sightings began in 1977 when hotel owner Rosa Granville was awoken in the early hours by a strange noise and saw a series of peculiar flashing lights through her window. When she looked out she observed what she described as an "upside-down saucer" in a nearby field and two "faceless humanoids" on the ground next to it.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...htings-in-wales

• Like 1

It never surprises me if a government "investigates" UFO cases. I'm interested in what the investigation concluded. In this case, nothing was ever released, probably because nothing of significance was found.

It's been 38 years since 1977, and we still have no definite proof of visitation. That alone tells me that there's no there there in this case.

Interestingly, there is some evidence that there may be a correlation between sightings and science fiction movies and television. In the 1976-1977 we saw the hype and release of such classics as The Man Who Fell to Earth, Star Wars, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Whats so special about this case? It's no different than any other investigated 'sighting'. Nothing every comes from it, no proof!

There's usually one of two interrelated narratives being pushed when these stories are reported widely amongst the ETH community - the government knows/believes like we do, therefore we're not nuts, and/or it's a conspiracy to cover up the truth, why else would the government investigate and then announce nothing?