Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia in Syria

LucidElement

What do you think Russia is doing in Syria? They say they are just focusing on ISIS areas in the country, but then they go out and tell America to move their plans and troops.

First off, if OBAMA listens to Putin he is going to show extreme cowardness. Never has a president listened to that guy.

Second, Why is it just Russia that is making the headline news and not France? France is bombing them too... Is it just because Russia told American warplanes to leave Syrian airspace?

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like the pentagon is listening to him. Also doesn't sound like Russia is targeting ISIS just those against Assad. At least not yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/09/30/boots-on-ground-russian-lawmakers-back-putin-sending-troops-to-syria/

• Like 2

Russia is doing exactly what I am telling since ISIS was established BY Russia. So far Russia is not bombing them but the Assad opponents. Russia will eventually go after their creation once they establish supremacy in the muslim world. Do not blame Obama. He new and he tried but the all knowing republicans stuck only to their small minds and undermined all his attempts for a true and better cooperation with the muslim east. Russia is on the move. ISIS was a distraction for Ukraine, a distraction for Russian positioning in the east. I just can not believe how stupid US republicans are and did not see that coming. But how can you expect that a political party like the reps can unify the moderates in the east when they even alienate their own people in their own country. I am so mad because I have seen it coming.

Obama tried to make peace with Iran but republicans are destroying it. Well, we know what is going to happen once Russia becomes their "friend". Man, I am so mad I can not write anymore.

I hate Russia, I love the USA. Why do the republicans screw everything up?

Nothing, nothing can stop Russia now.

Why is France not in the news, because they are France and are not currently waging an active secret war against a certain peninsula with lots of ethnic Russians.

Personally I don't really care who crushes ISIS as long as somebody drops lots of bombs on them, cleaning out that viper's nest soaked in vile poison.

The reason that they are in the news is that Russia told 'merica to git out. Russia is starting to take a greater part in the world. This worries the old 'merican hegemony as others (Russia and China...The Big C mostly around the cape of Africa where they have been suppressing pirates) step up into important roles of policing the world.

The American Empire is tired of long-expensive wars.

But. It is also afraid of losing importance. Which it can't maintain unless it funds long-expensive wars.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 4

Russia is doing exactly what I am telling since ISIS was established BY Russia. So far Russia is not bombing them but the Assad opponents.

So far Russia isn't bombing anyone in Syria.. yet. It's the Syrian Army using Russian jets. They have been targeting ISIS in Palmyra and Raqqa.

ISIS established by Russia? Nonesens. All the evidence points towards the US, Gulf States and Turkey as the sponsors of these extremists.

There is no logic behind Russia propping up a terrorist group threatening to overthrow the Assad regime.. I mean not at all.

Russia will eventually go after their creation once they establish supremacy in the muslim world.

Russia jumped in because of our incapacity to deal with the problem effectively.

Edited by Draco20
  • Like 5

odas, what you on about Russia created ISIS?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

Finally someone is going to do something, really do something to help get rid of IS in Iraq and Syria...

I applaud Russia for giving real support to Assad -

Have the US and Britain learnt nothing from what happened in Iraq and Libya ?

And while Russia get's dug in to work with Assad all the US and Britain can do is whinge

about Assad - - - - enough already!

It is such transparent nonsense when they/we wheel out the 'tyrant' 'dictator' propaganda -

It is only thanks to Assad that IS hasn't got loads more territory in Syria..

the whole so-called Syrian civil war was probably just based on political shenanigans from US, Britain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia etc anyway..

gross interference...like in Iraq and Libya - and look where that got us...

Russia is making the US and Britain look weak and that is a bit dangerous..but what is Putin supposed

to do? - sit around for months and months doing nothing as the region falls more and more deeply into

the hands of IS extremists - IS ultimately threatens Russia as well ...so it is to their benifit to team up with Assad..

China is getting involved as well...apparently?

whoops edit to put correct link....

http://www.rt.com/ne...ria-isis-fight/

China will be helping out the Syrian government in the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIL/ISIS) by sending “military advisers,” media reports have claimed.

Edited by bee
  • Like 8

So far Russia isn't bombing anyone in Syria.. yet. It's the Syrian Army using Russian jets. They have been targeting ISIS in Palmyra and Raqqa.

ISIS established by Russia? Nonesens. All the evidence points towards the US, Gulf States and Turkey as the sponsors of these extremists.

There is no logic behind Russia propping up a terrorist group threatening to overthrow the Assad regime.. I mean not at all.

Russia jumped in because of our incapacity to deal with the problem effectively.

Again, people see only what they want to see, not the global picture. Ever since the fall of the USSR the US is wasting their arms and money on groups of Islamic radicals, attacking whole countries because of them thanks to the blindness of the republicans. All set up by Russia. The only muslim state who had animosity against Russia is the Chechens who are now, again, ruled by Russians puppets.

Russia is positioning itself by taking Krimea, by cosing up to Turkey, they are talking now to Bibi ( bibi will switch to Russia as soon as Putin proves he has a bigger say then US).

Russia is supporting the hardcore Iranian Ajatolahs and they will support Russia thanks to the inability of US republicans who only looked at their own petty interests. Yes, Russia, Israel and Iran will be on the "other side" of US. So will be Saudi Arabia, the biggest exporter of extremism. All could have been avoided by making peace with Iran instead the reps following blindly a leader of a foreign country instead their own.

I agree - in fact it almost feels like we are kind of pretending to 'do something' but really we are holding back because removing Assad

has been the agenda all along - and if IS help to do this perhaps that is considered quite a good thing..?

• Like 1

Russia is doing exactly what I am telling since ISIS was established BY Russia. So far Russia is not bombing them but the Assad opponents. Russia will eventually go after their creation once they establish supremacy in the muslim world. Do not blame Obama. He new and he tried but the all knowing republicans stuck only to their small minds and undermined all his attempts for a true and better cooperation with the muslim east. Russia is on the move. ISIS was a distraction for Ukraine, a distraction for Russian positioning in the east. I just can not believe how stupid US republicans are and did not see that coming. But how can you expect that a political party like the reps can unify the moderates in the east when they even alienate their own people in their own country. I am so mad because I have seen it coming.

Obama tried to make peace with Iran but republicans are destroying it. Well, we know what is going to happen once Russia becomes their "friend". Man, I am so mad I can not write anymore.

I hate Russia, I love the USA. Why do the republicans screw everything up?

Nothing, nothing can stop Russia now.

Nice rant. You're wrong on nearly every point.
  • Like 1

odas, what you on about Russia created ISIS?

Most honest thing I've heard a politician say in years IMO. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

I agree - in fact it almost feels like we are kind of pretending to 'do something' but really we are holding back because removing Assad

has been the agenda all along - and if IS help to do this perhaps that is considered quite a good thing..?

This is exactly, I believe, why we have done nothing.

• Like 1

What do you think Russia is doing in Syria? They say they are just focusing on ISIS areas in the country, but then they go out and tell America to move their plans and troops.

First off, if OBAMA listens to Putin he is going to show extreme cowardness. Never has a president listened to that guy.

Second, Why is it just Russia that is making the headline news and not France? France is bombing them too... Is it just because Russia told American warplanes to leave Syrian airspace?

Wtf. Been listening to Fox a lot lately?

'Listening to any political leader' does not equate cowardice, in any instance. Critique on any action, Obama born or other, should be made on specific aspects.. content. Putin is making a hell of a lot more sense than the US's policy the last couple of months. Maybe the fact ISIS is still flourishing left and right might give some indication of that. Dialogue and cooperation between the players (including the 'Syrian regime') opposing this band of extremist criminals is exactly what is needed to turn this bs around.

So very tired of these void, emotional, meaningless indightments.. Obama 'a weak leader' because he made 'a bad deal' with Iran.. (Such and such would have made 'a good deal', forcing Iran to free US detainees..) Obama a weak leader because 'he listens to Putin' (not even bothering to specify what specifically is wrong with what Putin proposes). Im no Obama supporter by any measure, but this is some crazy a** nonsense. Its like you people get off on war, because that is exactly what youre going to get continuing the policy the US has been maintaining up until the talks with Iran. Its exactly what you will get if the unimaginably shallow and warmongerous Republican 'Axis of Evil' rhetoric is continued and / or implemented.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

Uhh noo? Putin wants the US on his side. Russia is a key ally to syria

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

• Like 2

Russians released video of airstrikes:

Russian Aerospace Forces' air strikes on ISIS targets in Syria. 8 targets hit, terrorist HQ & coordination center completely destroyed.

we must brace ourselves for an onslaught of propaganda - the main thrust is beginning and it is that Russia aren't so interested

in fighting IS but they want to just prop up the Assad regime - on Sky news now they are saying along the lines of....

' but the area where Russia have bombed is the 'Free Syria' groups and not ISIS...'

etc etc blah blah blah -

oh FFS now they said that Hammond is saying that Assad and ISIS are working hand in hand because blah blah blah...

they are going to really try and twist it all - but I think the public are more sophisticated and canny than they give them/us

credit for -

Edited by bee

we must brace ourselves for an onslaught of propaganda - the main thrust is beginning and it is that Russia aren't so interested

in fighting IS but they want to just prop up the Assad regime - on Sky news now they are saying along the lines of....

One does not exclude the other.

Homs is a startegic city in Western Syria linking Damascus to coastal cities such as Latakia and Tartus, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if the Syrian Army seek to take back full control of it. However, it is true that the Islamic State does not operate in that area and it is seen as the last bastion of the FSA, or so call 'moderates'. But if the idea is to prop up the regime and take on ISIS, the Army must first consolidate areas of strategic importance without rushing headfirst.

Edited by Draco20
  • Like 1

Here is a bit of fun to consider.

Hmm great post. "Without Assad, Syria and Russia would cease to be allies."

How deep does the Cold War rivalry go? How much influence does it have on current foreign policy? I know very little about the Cold War so I don't really have the historical context of it all

Edit to add--

Russia crushed 8 targets including ISIS HQ? Not bad for their first day

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

Donald Trump praised Putin and gave him an 'A' on leadership :)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-gives-putin-leadership-010843129--election.html#xZ7eVmU

Personally, I've been looking at the different players and I've been watching Assad, Trump said, " ... and I'm looking at Assad and saying maybe he's better than the kind of people that we're supposed to be backing because we don't even know who we're backing. We have no idea."
"I will tell you that, in terms of leadership, he's getting an 'A' and our president is not doing so well," he said. "They did not look good together."

;-O

• Like 1

Saudi Arabia Insists Assad Must Go Or Be Overthrown

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad must leave office or face being turfed out by force, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said, rejecting Russia's bid to build support for its ally.

Speaking in New York after meeting Saudi Arabia's allies, Jubeir on Tuesday dismissed Russia's call for a coalition to defend Assad against the Islamic State group as a "non-starter."

Link: http://news.yahoo.co...-212903639.html

ISIS' sponsors are getting angry.

Edited by Draco20
  • Like 3