Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 dead at college shooting

OverSword

As many as 10 people were killed and more than a dozen others wounded in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., on Thursday, officials there said.

Link

Very sad, but gun debate! Ughhh gun debate!

So tired.

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 8

I did not want to link this story.

Just sad to see people feel that they need to murder or otherwise maim others for any reason

• Like 5

Anyone want to bet the usual conspiracy theorists'll crawl out of the woodwork?

• Like 5

eta: 4chan a collection of the scum of the earth.

They certainly do a lot to promote the argument for some sort of censorship of the internet.
  • Like 1

i hope not, thats more tiring then the gun debates and always makes my stomach churn at how disgusting and ridiculous the claims are.

• Like 1

Obama went straight to Mexico to conclude the TPP talks ASAP, circumventing Canada altogether to get it signed.

...and then another shooting happens. Not a conspiracy, just more smoke and mirrors in the media to draw attention away from crucial issues. I wish I had the gumption to compile a list of dates and stories in the MSM...I bet the results would be pretty telling.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers to the victims...we'll see what surfaces over the next few days

• Like 2

i do not think anyone did this on purpose to get attention away from obama's trip to mexico.

we have plenty of sick people and even more meds that make them even sicker. but i have no doubt dems\libs will use this tragedy to continue their anti gun crusade.

• Like 6

Obama went straight to Mexico to conclude the TPP talks ASAP, circumventing Canada altogether to get it signed.

...and then another shooting happens. Not a conspiracy, just more smoke and mirrors in the media to draw attention away from crucial issues. I wish I had the gumption to compile a list of dates and stories in the MSM...I bet the results would be pretty telling.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers to the victims...we'll see what surfaces over the next few days

My eyes rolled so hard it hurt.

Because any other day this would have been a nothing story...

• Like 3

Sad fact. This unspeakable tragedy will be long forgotten in about a week.

Yeah, Kanye West will probably announce a new line of clothing - I mean THAT is the real important news. :mellow:

• Like 5

Sad fact. This unspeakable tragedy will be long forgotten in about a week.

Some politician or young reporter will keep it alive,10 years from now whn needing something to support their point on some hot-topic issue of the day.....

• Like 2

Shocker.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest reacted to the news that there was a college shooting by promoting the administration’s support of gun control.

http://www.breitbart...talking-points/

The anti-gun nuts never pass up a good tragedy to push an agenda, do they?

Geez...once again, guns aren't the focus here, nor the problem. The victims of said crime are the focus, criminal and violent behavior is the problem. I have nothing but sympathy for their friends and families. But I'm suspecting that the wackos will come out of the woodwork again to take advantage of this and moan about how evil guns are, and this will turn into another anti-gun rights bashing thread, like all of the others.

• Like 3

Associate Press reports: "Eighteen-year-old Kortney Moore of Rogue River tells the Roseburg News-Review newspaper that she was in a writing class at Umpqua (UHMP'-kwah) Community College in Roseburg on Thursday when a shot came through a window.

The gunman entered her classroom and told people to get on the ground.

Moore says the man started asking people to stand up and state their religion and then opened fire."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OREGON_SCHOOL_SHOOTING_THE_LATEST?SITE=PAREA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Edited by mdenise

So ... What will the NRA and the usual suspects assign blame to?

The lack of guns for "good guys"?

The parents of the shooter for not demonstrating "better gun security"?

Obama?

The gun culture?

The ease of access to guns?

Personally, I blame the shooter, but I'm odd like that.

So you don't blame the availability of firearms?
  • Like 1

So you don't blame the availability of firearms?

Not anymore.

It's like blaming the availability of chocolate for obesity.

• Like 3

Not anymore.

It's like blaming the availability of chocolate for obesity.

Isn't that like saying a person could walk around with a chocolate bar making other people obese? :unsure2:

• Like 7

More guns, More laws.

Everyone wins. This is just sick, campus security should at least be equipped with an arsenal... Thoughts and prayers to those involved.

Heard about this from Lars Larson, he basically recorded over the white house conference and trash talked the entire time. Very scummy

Its pretty difficult to purchase a gun illegally; thats all im going to say.

I found screenshots of the post they referred to. I don't think I can post it here for obvious reasons, but the other trolls were hailing this as a "BETA uprising," the shooter as a "gentleman supreme" and as "a new martyr to stand alongside [their] hallowed Elliot [Roger]." Before the shooting, they were telling him who to target. And they were saying the same things right after Elliot Roger... So expect to see more...

Literally was on their for two seconds after you two brought it up to see some stories on it.... I wont be returning. 4Chan should be deleted.

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 2