Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 dead at college shooting

OverSword

oh I definitely think we need better gun control laws, these weapons they use in mass shootings are far and beyond what someone just interested in self defense needs. This clip says it all :

Associate Press reports: "Eighteen-year-old Kortney Moore of Rogue River tells the Roseburg News-Review newspaper that she was in a writing class at Umpqua (UHMP'-kwah) Community College in Roseburg on Thursday when a shot came through a window.

The gunman entered her classroom and told people to get on the ground.

Moore says the man started asking people to stand up and state their religion and then opened fire."

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

That was small, so.....

The gunman entered her classroom and told people to get on the ground.

Moore says the man started asking people to stand up and state their religion and then opened fire.

I 100% guarantee, in Roseburg, Oregon ( about 70 minutes from where I lived ) they did not answer " Islam ".......

So, I still say " ban Islam ".......( or ban all religions, since they cause more death than anything )

I guess we will have to see where this goes first. ( the asking religion, than shooting thing )

By the way, I am being a smart ass to the anti-gun posts, and people. Being close to that town for a part of my life, and my parents, sisters, nephews, nieces, etc. being close to there, I feel bad for all involved. Nothing like this should ever turn into a pathetic debate to support a cause.....Pretty damn selfish.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

sorry that post was so small from the associated press, please go to the link, I couldn't get it to paste any differently :/

I found screenshots of the post they referred to. I don't think I can post it here for obvious reasons, but the other trolls were hailing this as a "BETA uprising," the shooter as a "gentleman supreme" and as "a new martyr to stand alongside [their] hallowed Elliot [Roger]." Before the shooting, they were telling him who to target. And they were saying the same things right after Elliot Roger... So expect to see more...

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying the shooter was egged on by a thread on 4chan?

sorry that post was so small from the associated press, please go to the link, I couldn't get it to paste any differently :/

The second tool on the reply to topic box is called the format eraser. Highlight the text and push that button.
  • Like 1

Not anymore.

It's like blaming the availability of chocolate for obesity.

Pretty sure chocolate doesn't blow holes in people... at least I hope not...

Another pointless loss of young lives. Tragic.

check the link i posted oversword theres a screen of the 4chan board that he posted in theres also other places you can look too. basically he said people were going to die and other scumbags on that scumbag site joked and laughed and had a wonderful time and praised their scumbag hero elliot rodger

eta: the screen on the link i posted on the first page is slightly blurred and frankly i dont feel like searching for clear pictures or the thread itself, but its around.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

check the link i posted oversword theres a screen of the 4chan board that he posted in theres also other places you can look too. basically he said people were going to die and other scumbags on that scumbag site joked and laughed and had a wonderful time and praised their scumbag hero elliot rodger

eta: the screen on the link i posted on the first page is slightly blurred and frankly i dont feel like searching for clear pictures or the thread itself, but its around.

I'll post the link after this :

First, never heard much of 4channel.....After finding the post ( pre-shooting from shooter ), and seeing the replies. I hope those people get charged with helping him do it. Sick mother ****ers.

I called the Police there to make sure they are aware of this, and they are, and investigating.

So, here is the link to the posts, and I hope everyone that participated burn in Hell.

https://archive.moe/r9k/thread/22785073/

• Like 2

So a guy says he's going to go blow people away on a website we know is heavily scrutinized by the NSA and the shooting occurs regardless. So what's the point in letting them have these powers of surveillance? I say disband the NSA and revoke the patriot act now. Seems like they just let actionable intelligence slip past them so they serve no real purpose. I wonder if the president will address that in a speech? :no:

• Like 4

(Not pointed at anyone in particular on this board, but those "out there" somewhere)

It happened again. And what's going to change? Not a damned thing. Why is that? Because we have to have our "freedom". To hell with people who die, innocent people. To hell with the shooters, many (if not most) seem to have mental/emotional problems. Suck it up, Buttercup. If you ain't strong, you ain't American. Is that it?

Aurora. Columbine. Charleston. Sandy Hook. Virginia Tech. Roanoke.

Just names, right? They don't mean nothin'. People die every day, right? People die in cars. Why not ban them? People die falling from ladders. Why not ban them, too?

That's idiotic on its face, and anyone who can't see that doesn't deserve to live in civilized society.

The idea that Guns Uber Alles makes me want to vomit. There are no absolute rights in this country, nor in this world. Someone please explain the mentality that we have to protect the unborn, but after a child is born, it's "To hell with you, kid. Go work in the button factory for 12 or 15 hours a day if you want to eat."

The mentality of this country is nothing short of positively sickening. As long as nothing is done to protect innocent people (and the not-so-innocent, those who are mentally ill enough to get guns and commit these savage crimes), I'm ashamed to call myself an American.

I know that nothing I can do or say will change anyone's mind; that's not my point. My point is that I feel the need to express myself. To those who disagree with me: say whatever you want. Call me whatever you want. I don't care. I'm just effing sick of this situation. We're supposed to be better than this. The truth is, we're not.

• Like 7

Perhaps a conspiracy theory, but there was a earlier report this young gun men asked these kids he killed what their religion was.Then Ombama comes on and says take the guns away. Do you think our enemy is trying to incite people to kill each other over religious beliefs, so our guns will be taken away and they can take over.I just can`nt see a young man kill all those kids just because girls rejected him that they are saying.

I'll post the link after this :

First, never heard much of 4channel.....After finding the post ( pre-shooting from shooter ), and seeing the replies. I hope those people get charged with helping him do it. Sick mother ****ers.

I called the Police there to make sure they are aware of this, and they are, and investigating.

So, here is the link to the posts, and I hope everyone that participated burn in Hell.

https://archive.moe/...hread/22785073/

Those jerks, wonder if they are laughing now. I don't see how someone could encourage murder.

Those jerks, wonder if they are laughing now. I don't see how someone could encourage murder.

Sick.

This is how it is now.

Why I post " we need a plague"

Sure take away all the gun that'll stop the crazies from doing stuff like this. They'll just bomb or molotov a crowd of people.

I just can`nt see a young man kill all those kids just because girls rejected him that they are saying.

I can. Not everyone is emotionally stable. The question is what would tip you over the edge? I'm not defending the shooter. I mean if he shot up a crack house or a meth lab I'd defend him but to gun down those who couldn't fight back, that's just weak.

• Like 2

Perhaps a conspiracy theory, but there was a earlier report this young gun men asked these kids he killed what their religion was.Then Ombama comes on and says take the guns away. Do you think our enemy is trying to incite people to kill each other over religious beliefs, so our guns will be taken away and they can take over.I just can`nt see a young man kill all those kids just because girls rejected him that they are saying.

Not a conspiracy theory, but idiocy.

Obama hasn't been successful in taking guns away, now has he? When did Obama say "Take the guns away"? Which guns? How?

Fearmongering idiocy.

I don't think there is any conspiracy going on. Just some nutjob deciding to kill a bunch of people because he felt rejected or some dumb crap.

If Obama wasn't going to Mexico people would still try to make something out of nothing.

Before we start screaming for tighter gun laws did this man even purchase these legally to begin with?

Sick.

This is how it is now.

Why I post " we need a plague"

Unfortunately a plaque probably wouldn't get enough of the right people.

Pretty sure chocolate doesn't blow holes in people...

No, people do that.

So a guy says he's going to go blow people away on a website we know is heavily scrutinized by the NSA and the shooting occurs regardless. So what's the point in letting them have these powers of surveillance? I say disband the NSA and revoke the patriot act now. Seems like they just let actionable intelligence slip past them so they serve no real purpose. I wonder if the president will address that in a speech? :no:

But remember, this surveillance is making us safe from acts of terror.

• Like 1

Here we go......

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Thursday angrily called for stricter U.S. gun laws after the latest mass murder in Oregon and took aim at the powerful National Rifle Association gun lobby for blocking reform.

Appearing in the White House briefing room with a grim expression and an angry tone, Obama said it was not enough to offer prayers after major shootings continued to occur regularly throughout the country.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-gun-laws-must-be-changed-gun-owners-must-speak-up/ar-AAf11mv?li=BBkWgwN

But remember, this surveillance is making us safe from acts of terror.

Really_seriously_WHAT.gif

Obama said it was not enough to offer prayers after major shootings continued to occur regularly throughout the country.

His days in the big house are number, I think he wants to be know for something besides taking money out of my wallet for health care I didn't ask for. I really could have used that money to pay, I don't know..... bills.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Here we go......

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Thursday angrily called for stricter U.S. gun laws after the latest mass murder in Oregon and took aim at the powerful National Rifle Association gun lobby for blocking reform.

Appearing in the White House briefing room with a grim exp<b></b>ression and an angry tone, Obama said it was not enough to offer prayers after major shootings continued to occur regularly throughout the country.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-gun-laws-must-be-changed-gun-owners-must-speak-up/ar-AAf11mv?li=BBkWgwN

Ayup. And the opposition willake their statements and next week we will have moved on with no change.
  • Like 2

Gun free campus.

Most campuses are gun free *Snip*. I went to a university in the south 30 years ago and it was illegal to bring a gun on campus. you gun nuts just don't get it. if the founders lived today they would beg the queen to be readmitted to the empire.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Avoid personal ridicule.

No, the founders would go door to door telling every good citizen where they can go find an arm to bear.

As soon as the anti-gun crowd can make an arguement that convincingly shows a way to keep guns out of the bad guys hands people may be ready to be swayed their way. Until then...

• Like 4