Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 dead at college shooting

OverSword

http://www.foxnews.c...d/?intcmp=hpbt1

There should be a least one armed guard at every school.I remember when my kids went to school when there were a lot of these scares at schools and I asked if there was a armed guard on duty and they said no ,lucky my kids survived, but now I worried about my grand kids.There should be at least be one armed officer at every school at all times to combat these crazies.We`ve got to something to protect our children

Edited by docyabut2

I just read about how this guy did what he did. He needs executed. There is not a single reason to keep him alive. Find out if he is working alone. If yes, put him down instantly. If not, interrogate him until he spills and then put him down, immediately.

• Like 1

shooter is dead, although stringing him up like mussolini so the people can smash his corpse with bricks and rocks wouldn't get any complaints out of me

Yep, I just found that out after I posted that. I hope he didn't get the satisfaction of shooting himself though.

Sad state of affairs if you have to have an armed guard to go to school, and of course most of these things are planned and he would be the first one shot. Maybe if we didn't concentrate so much on the second amendment like it's the bible and concentrated more on protecting people from the crazies that use it to kill indiscriminately, I still don't understand how stricter gun control laws would prevent someone from having a pistol in their home if they feel the need for protection. No one needs an arsenal. I don't need a tank in my basement. It's not just the mentally ill, violent people use guns, simple as that, stop the availability, you can't stop everything bad from happening but you can sure reduce the chances, why make it easy?

It was said on the news this gun men shot Christians in the head while the others he shot in the legs, so what does that tell you? if not a religion attack.

No, the founders would go door to door telling every good citizen where they can go find an arm to bear.

As soon as the anti-gun crowd can make an arguement that convincingly shows a way to keep guns out of the bad guys hands people may be ready to be swayed their way.

Maybe we should look to what other countries have done who have less of these incidents than we do. Which would be almost all of them.

I used to think about how crazy it would be to live in one of the Muslim countries where periodically several-to-many people are killed by a random suicide bomber; unfortunately we're getting to know a little what it's like.

I'm not defending 4chan, but there are literally threads every single day with people claiming that they are going to go on a shooting or blow something up, etc.

People talk about "deleting" 4chan but if you start censoring the internet, well...

• Like 1

I'm not defending 4chan, but there are literally threads every single day with people claiming that they are going to go on a shooting or blow something up, etc.

People talk about "deleting" 4chan but if you start censoring the internet, well...

Besides, do you want to have the sort of people who post on 4Chan roaming the streets or posting on other fora? I certainly don't.

(Not pointed at anyone in particular on this board, but those "out there" somewhere)

It happened again. And what's going to change? Not a damned thing. Why is that? Because we have to have our "freedom". To hell with people who die, innocent people. To hell with the shooters, many (if not most) seem to have mental/emotional problems. Suck it up, Buttercup. If you ain't strong, you ain't American. Is that it?

Aurora. Columbine. Charleston. Sandy Hook. Virginia Tech. Roanoke.

Just names, right? They don't mean nothin'. People die every day, right? People die in cars. Why not ban them? People die falling from ladders. Why not ban them, too?

That's idiotic on its face, and anyone who can't see that doesn't deserve to live in civilized society.

The idea that Guns Uber Alles makes me want to vomit. There are no absolute rights in this country, nor in this world. Someone please explain the mentality that we have to protect the unborn, but after a child is born, it's "To hell with you, kid. Go work in the button factory for 12 or 15 hours a day if you want to eat."

The mentality of this country is nothing short of positively sickening. As long as nothing is done to protect innocent people (and the not-so-innocent, those who are mentally ill enough to get guns and commit these savage crimes), I'm ashamed to call myself an American.

I know that nothing I can do or say will change anyone's mind; that's not my point. My point is that I feel the need to express myself. To those who disagree with me: say whatever you want. Call me whatever you want. I don't care. I'm just effing sick of this situation. We're supposed to be better than this. The truth is, we're not.

The truth is America is a violent place, a violent culture, and always has been. Before England, Australia, or Canada implemented strict gun control did they have mass shootings or drive-by shootings on a regular basis like we do in the states? Nope. If those other countries legalized guns would they suddenly have mass shootings? Probably not.
  • Like 1

Most campuses are gun free *Snip* I went to a university in the south 30 years ago and it was illegal to bring a gun on campus. you gun nuts just don't get it. if the founders lived today they would beg the queen to be readmitted to the empire.

Emo a bit? The hell they would, they used guns to kill people to get out of the empire *Snip*. Edited by kmt_sesh
Avoid ridicule.
  • Like 1

The truth is America is a violent place, a violent culture, and always has been. Before England, Australia, or Canada implemented strict gun control did they have mass shootings or drive-by shootings on a regular basis like we do in the states? Nope. If those other countries legalized guns would they suddenly have mass shootings? Probably not.

I dunno how it would stack up. Pretty sure the stats for non gun related crime are similar to the US.

We are talking also of much smaller countries with a much smaller population.

Maybe we should look to what other countries have done who have less of these incidents than we do. Which would be almost all of them.

I used to think about how crazy it would be to live in one of the Muslim countries where periodically several-to-many people are killed by a random suicide bomber; unfortunately we're getting to know a little what it's like.

It doesn't work like that. There is virtually no violent crime in Europe, plenty of thieves but not violent ones but there is a lot of violent crime here that doesn't even involve guns. It's because our culture is more violent. Our government is more violent, our cops are more violent, our citizens are more violent.

Besides, do you want to have the sort of people who post on 4Chan roaming the streets or posting on other fora? I certainly don't.

Yeah. At least they're contained.

It's mostly a bunch of underage kids being edgy anyway.

I dunno how it would stack up. Pretty sure the stats for non gun related crime are similar to the US.

We are talking also of much smaller countries with a much smaller population.

Go to Italy and get your pocket picked or your luggage stolen maybe but you're not going to get your ass kicked. Other countries just aren't as violent. Incase nobody can tell I really, really believe that.

Most campuses are gun free you dufus. I went to a university in the south 30 years ago and it was illegal to bring a gun on campus.

Whew, good. Then it really didn't happen.

• Like 1

We all know the shooting is a tragedy and this is a high-stress topic. Just the same, knock off the personal ridicule and stick to discussing the issues like civil adults.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Here we go......

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Thursday angrily called for stricter U.S. gun laws after the latest mass murder in Oregon and took aim at the powerful National Rifle Association gun lobby for blocking reform.

Appearing in the White House briefing room with a grim expression and an angry tone, Obama said it was not enough to offer prayers after major shootings continued to occur regularly throughout the country.

http://www.msn.com/e...11mv?li=BBkWgwN

Once again...no tragedy is too tragic to be overlooked by those with a political agenda. Sigh.

I'm going to show a bit of my age here, and admit that while I'm a veritable super-being for knowing facts and stuff, I have no idea what "4chan" is without actually finding that site (I'm assuming it's a site).

I'm going to show a bit of my age here, and admit that while I'm a veritable super-being for knowing facts and stuff, I have no idea what "4chan" is without actually finding that site (I'm assuming it's a site).

It's an image board when a bunch of 16 year olds pretend to be cool.

It's an image board when a bunch of 16 year olds pretend to be cool.

While that doesn't sound so bad initially, from the reactions here I'm suspecting it's much worse at times. Thanks, though.

While that doesn't sound so bad initially, from the reactions here I'm suspecting it's much worse at times. Thanks, though.

It's has its moments, but there are much, much worse places.

4chan is rather tame these days.

• Like 3

My Dear American cousins,

How will these mass shootings stop? Is that answer less guns or more guns?

You'll decide, as you usually do, but (in my opinion) having more guns per capita clearly isn't working with regard to incidences of mass shootings.

- Sincerely, your concerned Canadian cousin.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1