Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Distressing' Halloween clown ad investigated

Still Waters

An advert for a Halloween attraction is being investigated by the regulatory body after complaints it is "distressing" and "inappropriate".

The image of a clown promotes PrimEVIL at Lenwade, Norfolk, and can be seen in about 40 locations around Norwich.

The Advertising Standards Authority has received 21 complaints. The organiser said it does not contravene standards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...orfolk-34443963

• Like 1

Times have changed, there was a time when the shock factor was taken into consideration, but the shock factor today is on a completely different level. Years ago the ad agencies would not even consider putting this up because they knew they could not, someone has allowed it today.

They sure are delicate in Norwich. Just what is distressing about that sign?

• Like 1

Nothing.

You crush heads O/S, this would not be shocking for you, but for little Johnny and Charlotte this could be quite a distressing sight to see.....in Norwich.

21 complaints? pfft

If there was a giant mugshot of Norwich City council plastered around town there'd be 21,000 and nowt would be done.

Who the Hell's in charge of us these days?

Edited by Eldorado

I'll admit, that picture would have freaked me out when I was a kid. One of the reasons I'm not big on Halloween. But, looking at it from the advertisers' point of view, what else are you going to do? You want to show people that they will be scared. You're selling fear, so you advertise fear.

Wow. I'm surprised they didn't ask to have Halloween banned. It's no more scary than a Halloween costume

They all look like that when Norwich City has a home footy match

I've never been to Norwich so I can't say what it's like there. Saying that I guess the scary clown frightened some children and old people.

So what is so "distressing" about the sign? Looks like a basic horror movie advert to me.

Sounds like more wimpy whining from the uber-sensitives again that can't handle anything more stimulating than a blank wall.

Everyone is going to bothered by something, doesn't mean society has to run and jump to rectify the situation and in the process ruin things for everyone else. Of course there are people out there who get their excitement by complaining and thereby manipulating city authorities to cater to their complaints.