Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Playful spook said to haunt fancy dress shop

UM-Bot

Strange disturbances attributed to the ghost of a little girl have been reported in the shop for years.

Owner Katy Duplock bought The Party Shop in Flintshire, Wales four years ago and has since experienced a number of unusual occurrences including loud thumping sounds, sightings of a mysterious 'mist' in the cellar and reports of a small child's face peering out of the windows.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ancy-dress-shop

Am glad they have added "allegedly" as I have looked for any news articles about a little girls remains found in a basement in Mold..nothing. Not on the unsolved and not on the case files. This is normally a clue.

And what sellers would warn someone about their property having a mysterious presence?

"Whenever we lose something, we ask Sarah to help find it, and minutes later there it is,"

http://www.unexplain...ancy-dress-shop

well lets see this on video, it would not be hard to do.

Anyone, nice bit of advertising, its the only fancy dress shop in Mold called the party shop.tZme3r0.gif

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Until we have some photos that we can analytically tear to bits this might as well be the ramblings of the village idiot!

(And probably is)

• Like 1

She is wearing leggings with converse trainers! I stand by my previous statement

• Like 1

Bit of self promotion before Halloween?

• Like 4

Nail on head = HIT. :tu:

• Like 2

They're legally "encouraged" to: "Some states go a step further and require sellers to also disclose “emotional defects” that could impact and stigmatize a property. This includes traumatic events like murders and suicides, reported paranormal activity and even proximity to homeless shelters."

http://mentalfloss.c...-haunted-houses

As mentioned in the article, the court decided that haunting reports could affect the house's value, therefore it should be reported.

Too easy to fake. All you'd have to do is have the object hidden before turning on the camera, and then have someone put it on the counter when the camera isn't point in that direction.

it is all irrelevant now, seeder has sussed out whats going on. No ghosts, no paranormal activity, no remains found in basement (I looked and found nothing) its all a promotion stunt before Halloween. The owner probably has an uncles cousins neighbours sisters friend working for the Mirror, how else would this crap get into the papers?

• Like 1

Anyone who can use a story that can promote monetary gain is suspicious IMO. Haunted Inns and bars do it all the time.

Edited by evp
  • Like 2

Anyone who can use a story that can promote monetary gain is suspicious IMO. Haunted Inns and bars do it all the time.

Problem is, they are not haunted....they are stories to promote monetary gains from those who will believe them. :yes:

Edited by freetoroam

Madeup spook said to drum up business for fancy dress shop

This is good news, you can go there and get a human skeleton outfit for the halloween party. I have ordered a gorilla outfit.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

This is good news, you can go there and get a human skeleton outfit for the halloween party. I have ordered a gorilla outfit.

ngbbs5442db7980e44.png

• Like 1

Problem is, they are not haunted....they are stories to promote monetary gains from those who will believe them. :yes:

I never suggested they were haunted. I only implied that there might be monetary gain from their story sir :)

• Like 1

Granted, if I had a business establishment that was genuinely haunted, I would also use that for monetary gain.

You have a level of honor because your commitment to honesty, but, there are those who thinking nothing of prostituting a lie in hopes of monetary gain sir.

Edited by evp

I never suggested they were haunted. I only implied that there might be monetary gain from their story sir :)

Sir? madam, I am not a sir. :-*

• Like 1

Sorry for the error, please accept my apology.

Sir, its is accepted.a9ea6bba.gif

"There were lots of readings on their machines. We asked the spirit if it could repeat our names," said Katy.

"One of the team was called Victoria. We asked it to repeat her name. We clearly heard it say Victoria slowly."

I don't put much stock in stories but I wouldn't mind seeing them publish any "evidence" they've found. This being the Mirror though, it sounds (reads) like a publicity stunt. Slow news day ....

• Like 1

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe the place is haunted by a little girls spirit? Does everything have to be hoax and hype...and if so...why bother attending this site? Just askin'...

• Like 2

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe the place is haunted by a little girls spirit? Does everything have to be hoax and hype...and if so...why bother attending this site? Just askin'...

There is a claim without a morsel of evidence. People who dispute it choose not to be gullible.

• Like 1

Sir? madam, I am not a sir. :-*

(Psst... free... You might want to clarify that you are not a "Madam" either... you know.. Just sayin'...)

• Like 1

There's a difference between being skeptical of something and declaring that it's a hoax without any effort to look into it further. Sure, it's probable that this is a hoax, but we don't really have any evidence to examine, so it's inconclusive.

Occam's razor states that the simplest explanation is most likely the case, but that doesn't mean you don't have to test any of the hypotheses.

Scholarly debate suggest that if a claim is made that the one making the claim provides supportive statements, not the ones who contest it until there is the presemtation from the originator. So far I have heard only a claim.

Has anyone tested it be xenornormal? Wouldn't that be critical thinking?

Edited by evp
  • Like 1

(Psst... free... You might want to clarify that you are not a "Madam" either... you know.. Just sayin'...)

You are right.

To whom it may concern, officially according to the tax man I am not a madam.

• Like 1

You are right.

To whom it may concern, officially according to the tax man I am not a madam.

Congrats on 9,000 posts free!... Atta gal!

• Like 1

Congrats on 9,000 posts free!... Atta gal!

Jeeeze, I did not even notice. 9,000?? Wow, they just found some witches caves believed to be 9,000 years old....this could be a sign.

I wonder if I get a cookie basket. ?.filled with cookies, for my achievement. Mods?

• Like 1