Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seeder

Young boy has foetus removed from stomach

seeder

(see the article for a pic of an arm on a childs back)

Horror as young boy with stomach pains and suspected tumour is found to have a dead foetus inside him

Four-year-old boy developed stomach pains and went to hospital

Scans revealed he had a 'developed' foetus in his abdomen

Doctors said the boy had the extremely rare 'foetus in fetu' condition

This is where two twins develop, but one dies. The remains of the undeveloped foetus are enveloped into the body of its sibling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3263067/Boy-4-stomach-pains-suspected-tumour-dead-foetus-inside-stomach.html#ixzz3nsTlngbX

Ashotep

Sad, fortunate this doesn't happen often and it could be removed so it doesn't kill the child.

Don't you just love it when superstition takes over and condemns a child as a monster because of a medical problem. Those people need to get a brain.

• Like 1

Still Waters

Poor lad, I hope he'll be ok now.

I watched a documentary on YouTube once about something similar, it was called "Medical Mysteries" or something like that. It was about an Indian boy who had a parasitic twin growing from his chest area, you could see its arms and legs hanging out on the outside of the boy's body. The medical team managed to remove the twin without any problems but the boy had got so used to carrying his parasitic twin around that he needed counseling afterwards to help with his loss. That part kind of surprised me, but thinking about it afterwards the boy hadn't known anything else other than life with his twin.

• Like 1