Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

~Religion~

Sirius147

Wait a moment... after clicking the link i stumbled upon many things, first when i read it, it was hard to understand what was there main goal, second of all i think there is an application where you sign up to join and you pay money.. i may be wrong. Also i dont understand what do they believe in, i read that they believe in the history of god and goddess and the history of north americans and so on and so on but i dont understand. No offense but this odinism doesnt seem right. undecided.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sirius147

• Grandpa Greenman

• aquatus1

• Q-La

Wait a moment... after clicking the link i stumbled upon many things, first when i read it, it was hard to understand what was there main goal, second of all i think there is an application where you sign up to join and you pay money.. i may be wrong. Also i dont understand what do they believe in, i read that they believe in the history of god and goddess and the history of north americans and so on and so on but i dont understand. No offense but this odinism doesnt seem right. :-\

401170[/snapback]

Im not an 'official' one. When you sign up, you are joining some sort of council -- you don't really have to, and its all free. The money they make benefits the others as a whole, and its either from purchases in their store (books, etc) or donations. Odin, being in the name Odinism, makes it obvious. It is obviously based on Norse 'Mythology', or, sounding better, the Norse Pantheon. I have not finished studying yet and I will not call myself one but it is the path I am leaning to. Some of their core values are honor, respect, and loyalty, and they hate the current society since the most of the world is too materialistic and greedy. As far as I know they also learn to develop each persons psionic powers, which can be read about in UM's metaphysical forum. It also happens that I know most of the Futhark rune system and can write almost fluently in them. I find this a good balance, but that does not mean you do.

I hope that explained a few things.

Edited by The Raven

DO yourself a favor and Don't join anything! Religion has always been used as a tool. Join the group and accept the group mindset! You don't need it!

WJ

i don't know if anyone has posted what i am going to post.

"Religion shows a pattern of heredity which I think is similar to genetic heredity. The vast majority of people have an allegiance to one particular religion. there are hundreds of different religious sects, and every religious person is loyal to just one of those.

Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity.

This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one. "

your religion should be based on what's best for you not anyone else. yes.gif

That's entirely up to you. I would say to create your own religion. One that you and only you are going to beleive in. Take and borrow ideas from other religions if you want. Just a suggestion. thumbsup.gif

What does your own heart tell you is right; follow what your heart tells you regardless of what priest, or scientist, or any man tells you. If the belief that you follow is not yours of your own free will, then you are simply a traitor to yourself.

well, since you don't seem to have made a choice yet and you did ask us freely if one of us can help you then i want to tell you to study science. religion are theories from science so maybe if you look into science you can come up with what you want.