Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian Spetsnaz Group Deployed in Syria

Dark_Grey

I wonder how much dumping the dollar by China has to do with the island dispute.

I don't know why they would want to hurt us too much because we owe them so much money. Their own economy would suffer too if Americans and most likey Europeans aren't buying their crap. Oil is going down in value, maybe Iran selling it will keep it down so China might not be able to rely on it to fuel their economy that much.

True, even if they control the currency that oil is sold using, it would not be in their own self interest to see the US and the EU collapse. It might even hit them harder then it does either the US or the EU.

• Like 1

I was just reading up on the DOOM of the end of the petrodollar, and I'm not overly impressed. First off the Chinese are not stupid, right? So their economy has been hit hard, so they'd be foolish to stop using US dollars at this point. The Russians would be foolish to accept Chinese money over US dollars at this point also. Unless they are intentionally hurting their own economies in attempts to hurt the US economy. Which of course is possible. I wouldn't put it past Putin to try something like that.

However this then supposedly will cause a collapse in the value of the dollar? If the US dollar stops being the Global Oil Reserve Currency, so what? Perhaps that will mean the Chinese will control the cost of oil? Again, so what? Are they purposefully going to destroy the world to get the US? I don't think so. If anything it may stunt the US domestic oil production, if China sets the price low, but the US will then get plenty of cheap oil. The US economy will not be affected so very much.

Some people pointed at the Blood Moon Eclipse last week as a sign of the end of the world, yet here we still are. This is much the same. It can be turned into quite the doom story, but the realities very rarely live up to the hype.

Did you ever ask why economy growth is slowing down in China, also Russia is detatched from the EU and US, they forbid EU products as far as I know. They are slowly transitioning, Iran is detatched from the west for decades no problem there. It would hit the west much harder, the Dollar is the world currency because of the oil and they abolished the gold standard in 70s, if they lose oil too, and thus the dollar only depends on the US GDP noone will use it anymore, if you ever looked once at US economical figueres.

It is not a doom prediction, just an observation, i could give you a real doom predictions:

It was never the intention of the US to save the dollar or anyone, the true intantion was the creation of chaos, because some religous nuts want ww3, they actually welcome russias involvement in syria and ukraine...chaos chaos, who said politicians would react rational :)

edit: it could turn to doom but as you said it depends on how the west reacts, right now they scream like a little kid, dont cooperate iwth Russia and try to blame them every two seconds sounds like wardrums to me.

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 1

I'm curious, helwyr... can you name any government figures who are "religious nuts"? Seriously, I don't think many people in government are hoping for the end of the world. I guess you simply mean any Christian or Jew who has a political position. Kinda difficult for a congressman or senator to actually help bring about the end of the world.

I was just reading up on the DOOM of the end of the petrodollar, and I'm not overly impressed. First off the Chinese are not stupid, right? So their economy has been hit hard, so they'd be foolish to stop using US dollars at this point. The Russians would be foolish to accept Chinese money over US dollars at this point also. Unless they are intentionally hurting their own economies in attempts to hurt the US economy. Which of course is possible. I wouldn't put it past Putin to try something like that.

However this then supposedly will cause a collapse in the value of the dollar? If the US dollar stops being the Global Oil Reserve Currency, so what? Perhaps that will mean the Chinese will control the cost of oil? Again, so what? Are they purposefully going to destroy the world to get the US? I don't think so. If anything it may stunt the US domestic oil production, if China sets the price low, but the US will then get plenty of cheap oil. The US economy will not be affected so very much.

Some people pointed at the Blood Moon Eclipse last week as a sign of the end of the world, yet here we still are. This is much the same. It can be turned into quite the doom story, but the realities very rarely live up to the hype.

Not trying to turn this thread on to the complicated issue of economics, but even you can't deny that a currency based on nothing won't last forever. "Quantitative easing"? Printing more money to fill in the gaps in the economy? The Federal Reserve, the investment giants, they all know this is a castle made of sand. It's a superficial economy of bubbles: when one is about to burst they print more money and lower interest rates and create a new bubble so they can stand at the podium and talk about new jobs and ending the recession.

It's a 7 year cycle, with each depression getting worse than the last. If you want to get in to mysticism, I copied an interesting "blood moon" article here that shows a strong correlation between the blood moons and economic cycles. Not because the moon is effecting anything, but because the blood moons are part of certain ideologies.

I'm curious, helwyr... can you name any government figures who are "religious nuts"? Seriously, I don't think many people in government are hoping for the end of the world. I guess you simply mean any Christian or Jew who has a political position. Kinda difficult for a congressman or senator to actually help bring about the end of the world.

that is only speculation :) I know there are two groups of people; the falcons and pigeons, both religious. Bush was very religious, he said so himself many times, he also said god told him to attack Iraq. Anyway it`s speculation.

Trump or Bush

• Like 1

Ok, Russia has Spetsnaz, USA has Seals and Delta, the UK has the SAS, and Canada has CSOR. all are hunting ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

Ok, Russia has Spetsnaz, USA has Seals and Delta, the UK has the SAS, and Canada has CSOR. all are hunting ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

Yeah but only Spetsnaz is hunting to kill...

the other special forces are probably hunting for them to give them weapons and training.....

:cry:

???

• Like 1

Meh ... I seriously doubt that the Speznatz would be involved in direct combat. Like I said before, they are probably there as 'Forward Air Controllers' - to designate targets for their colleagues in the Su-34's.

• Like 2

Spetsnaz are Russia's elite special forces group

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.express.c...rces-airstrikes

http://www.dailymail...-President.html

http://www.ibtimes.c...own-isis-649416

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the deployment of Russia's most efficient and brutal military unit - Spetsnaz - in Syria to wipe out the Islamic State (Isis) terrorists.

According to Express.co.uk, the Putin government has dispatched its elite special forces to the war-torn region, where the country is leading a major air campaign.

Listed among the top 10 well-trained special forces on earth, the Spetsnaz are one of the best special forces in the world. The gruelling training the members undergo "would be illegal in the US or other Western nations."

Important footnote:

According to the report, deployment of the world's most efficient killers would turn the tides for Syria as many of the elite squad members bear deep hatred for the jihadis, largely due to the atrocities committed against the Russians by Islamist Chechens during the civil war.

An elite killer squad with no real accountability and a deep hatred for Islamic radicals - Putin wants ISIS gone and he wants them gone quick. Not to save the world, but to make Obama look incompetent, inefficient and most of all weak. He's playing chess while Obama is struggling to play checkers (13 months fighting ISIS with the world's best military at your disposal and...ISIS only grows stronger?)

So now the average WSJ reader is led to one of two conclusions:

Either America has been backing ISIS hence the year of virtually no progress (and the refusal to cooperate with Russian intelligence on targeting ISIS)

or the American military is woefully ineffective against a rag-tag group of terrorists with a Twitter account.

Also interesting to note: Obama’s Top Advisers on ISIS, Russia, and Cyber-Security Have All Resigned Over the Past Two Weeks

In 100 years time we will look back and remember all this as a crusade starting with the staged terrorist attack called 9/11.

The reason why Isis has been created by the USA is to bring about the 2nd Coming. What will happen according to prophecy is Isis will defeat the army of the Anti-Christ at the North Syrian down called Tabuk causing the apocalypse. Then the Messiah comes to pick up the remains of civilization from the ashes. Unfortunately there is a problem with the US plan in that Isis see it as the Anti-Christ not Russia.

So we are prepared to bomb Isis to force it to go with America's plan and to use the Free Syrian Army (FSA) to push it in the direction we want. But we don't want Russia bombing the FSA because its the tool being used on the ground to push Isis in the direction that America wants. We don't want them bombing Isis either, we want Russia to launch a land invasion instead and have a battle at Tabuk against Isis.

Trump or Bush

Ridiculous....cite a quote or hush!

Meh ... I seriously doubt that the Speznatz would be involved in direct combat. Like I said before, they are probably there as 'Forward Air Controllers' - to designate targets for their colleagues in the Su-34's.

Or they could be operating as Air rescue team for / if any Russian Pilots get shot down.

• Like 2

I hadn't thought about that one.... good point Stevewinn !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Or they could be operating as Air rescue team for / if any Russian Pilots get shot down.

Yeah, I'm sure they get all those kinds of responsibilities too, just like our SEALS and your SAS. I hope their intel is really good though. They aren't supermen and getting caught by these sadistic maniacs is going to be a really bad day.
  • Like 1

Apparently they're there to clean up, or rather go in, after the bombardments. If this is true, then they're in it more deeper than we think. Drawing ISIS out of their holes would provide better targets, be more efficient and throw doubts in their minds every time confetti's are dropped on them.

• Like 3

Apparently they're there to clean up, or rather go in, after the bombardments. If this is true, then they're in it more deeper than we think. Drawing ISIS out of their holes would provide better targets, be more efficient and throw doubts in their minds every time confetti's are dropped on them.

If we are to believe the press here, they aren't spending much time or ordnance (yet) on ISIS but I suspect you are correct on their tactics. Hopefully they'll get around to killing this scourge once they feel their ally is sufficiently secured.
  • Like 4

Yeah but only Spetsnaz is hunting to kill...

the other special forces are probably hunting for them to give them weapons and training.....

:cry:

???

CSOR was in a number of engagements with ISIS, and has been training te Kurds.

If the info I read was correct the SAS has been sending teams to hunt ISIS.

CSOR was in a number of engagements with ISIS, and has been training te Kurds.

If the info I read was correct the SAS has been sending teams to hunt ISIS.

you know...I hope you are right and that Special Forces are doing something significant to combat the 'Islamic State'...

the problem is that if US, Canada and Britain are more interested in destroying and removing Assad (at all costs it seems) -

than stopping and destroying the Islamic State - well...who knows what their orders might be...

???

From what i read Assad's forces are pretty much demoralised so maybe the Russian special forces are there to coordinate and stiffen government forces as opposed to fighting one on one with ISIS. I would assume Putin would what as few casualties as possible in order to sell this back home.

you know...I hope you are right and that Special Forces are doing something significant to combat the 'Islamic State'...

the problem is that if US, Canada and Britain are more interested in destroying and removing Assad (at all costs it seems) -

than stopping and destroying the Islamic State - well...who knows what their orders might be...

???

I can't believe that the SAS or SOCOM are there to do anything other than intelligence gathering. If the West wanted ISIS destroyed they would have done it already.

I can't believe that the SAS or SOCOM are there to do anything other than intelligence gathering. If the West wanted ISIS destroyed they would have done it already.

Umm... How ?

From what i read Assad's forces are pretty much demoralised so maybe the Russian special forces are there to coordinate and stiffen government forces as opposed to fighting one on one with ISIS. I would assume Putin would what as few casualties as possible in order to sell this back home.

That is basically what I've heard was happening. Russians are deploying with locals and pushing ISIS out of various areas in Syria.

• Like 1

It would be my guess the U.S is bombing ISIS when they are engaged with rebel forces. When ISIS is engaged with Syrian forces they leave them alone.

• Like 2

It would be my guess the U.S is bombing ISIS when they are engaged with rebel forces. When ISIS is engaged with Syrian forces they leave them alone.

good guess....... :tu:

• Like 1