Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama considers executive action on guns

Ashotep

Legal guns does make it easier for illegal guns to enter as well, it's just a fact. But with the current amount of guns in the US, an outright ban or serious restrictions wont do jack. A ban now would leave responsible owners helpless and there would be an incredible amount of guns still around anyways.

there you go, so you need to make it harder for me to get a gun, in hopes that in the future a criminal wont get it as easy, lamo.

i agree with the rest, however antigunner logic, we can not stand by and do nothing" thus the only option they have is to go for my guns,.

i do agree with the rest, however you do not need to tell me that, i know, the other party however wont even hear it, "but in australia. it worked................

Edited by aztek

It is more of a case of: "I don't want my mentally unstable neighbor to have acces to a gun"

This is getting old or disquieting. If this society is producing more mentally unstable people then guns are the least of our problems.

Responsible gun ownership is all fine and dandy, but just like with stuff like drugs, there are just too many people that are not capable of dealing with them. Because of those people, there need to be laws and restrictions on certain things.

So what happens when those initial laws and restrictions stop working? Add more? How far does that cycle go?

At what point do you have to add another item on the list of "certain things" and how often?

Putting laws and restrictions on inanimate objects does nothing for you.

Placing more and more laws and restrictions on people is enslavement, so you might as well have a dictatorship. That's not the natural condition of humans.

There needs to be a cultural change. Something that limits government control and protects individual rights.

There needs to be a cultural change. Something that limits government control and protects individual rights.

and that is when, imo, UN global internet police comes in handy, to make sure it does not happen,

Edited by aztek

you mean mental sickness?? you need to get it under control, actually i was not thinking about mental illness at all, but since you mentioned it , everything falls in place, oh btw, i still do not believe a single word you said here. nor see any point to respond to you, on ignore list you go.

Woah... Right back at ya I guess...

"RESIDENT TROLL."

Edited by MeOnlyMe

Guest Br Cornelius

As long as we're stereotyping Americans, Europeans and Russians, can I say I find it humorous to see an Irishman complaining about drinking and fighting?

the Irish tendency to drink excessively is one of my main motivations for supporting gun control.

Add guns to the level of America to Irish society and we might just beat your homicide record.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

No new gun laws are needed, we have plenty already. Those just need to be enforced. If they can't do that what good would more do to curtail people that shouldn't have a gun getting one. Like in Roofs case, he clearly would not have passed a background check if they had actually done one. Then there are those that obtain them illegally, more gun laws aren't going to do a thing for that.

This is rubbish, until universal registration of guns and background checks are implemented you haven't even started to take the problem seriously.

Br Cornelius

Registration-confiscation. Why would we trust registration? Forcing registration is going to bring bigger problems. You will then turn millions of folks like myself into criminals.

Guest Br Cornelius

Registration-confiscation. Why would we trust registration? Forcing registration is going to bring bigger problems. You will then turn millions of folks like myself into criminals.

Why do you assume that ? If you register and are a legal owner of a gun then there is no change.

Its not an argument all.

Br Cornelius

So what happens when those initial laws and restrictions stop working? Add more? How far does that cycle go?

At what point do you have to add another item on the list of "certain things" and how often?

Putting laws and restrictions on inanimate objects does nothing for you.

Placing more and more laws and restrictions on people is enslavement, so you might as well have a dictatorship. That's not the natural condition of humans.

Why do you choose to live in the US then? It's a society, not an anarchist state, but people here seem to wish it was...

there you go, so you need to make it harder for me to get a gun, in hopes that in the future a criminal wont get it as easy, lamo.

I'm not saying that, you say legal guns don't make it easier for criminals to get guns, the contrary is the truth though.

Would making guns illegal make it more difficult for criminals as well? Definitely, but is it worth it? nope, since you'll be hurting more than helping.

Edited by Beefers

the Irish tendency to drink excessively is one of my main motivations for supporting gun control.

Add guns to the level of America to Irish society and we might just beat your homicide record.

Again, I really doubt it. Passion is the motivation for murder, not guns. A brawling society will probably still prefer knives and even fists.

Why do you assume that ? If you register and are a legal owner of a gun then there is no change.

Its not an argument all.

Why do you assume that gun registration will prevent murder?

And whose definition of "legal" will be used? In the heat of passion, someone exclaims toward someone else, I'm going to kill you and they become barred from being a legal gun owner. How many times does a normal person say that and never carry that out? It's called blowing off steam which is a healthy release.

If you register a gun, then yes, there is a change. The government has a record of your guns. That's the argument.

A better solution would be to have annual (??) refresher training. People would be able to get licensed in how to use a firearm properly which would include shooting qualification. You don't even have to own a gun to be encouraged to get licensed.

Why do you choose to live in the US then? It's a society, not an anarchist state, but people here seem to wish it was...

It's more like I don't choose to leave, however, if we continue with a Progressive leading this nation, a time is coming soon in which it just wouldn't matter because I will be limited to the few government granted rights just as everybody else in the world is. Most people believe that their government is protecting us from ourselves.

I'm not saying that, you say legal guns don't make it easier for criminals to get guns, the contrary is the truth though.

Would making guns illegal make it more difficult for criminals as well? Definitely, but is it worth it? nope, since you'll be hurting more than helping.

Making guns illegal for criminals to get doesn't slow a criminal down one bit getting a gun. A criminal can get a gun faster that a law abiding citizen can. And if things get really desperate, a gun can be made.