Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

October is 'zombie preparedness month'

UM-Bot

Kansas governor Sam Brownback signed the peculiar proclamation as a fun way to tackle natural disasters.

What better way to prepare for the possibility of a natural disaster than to pretend that you are and your family are getting ready for a zombie apocalypse - or at least that's the idea behind the bizarre new concept being put forward by authorities in Kansas this month.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...paredness-month

my zombie survival plan is to become a zombie.

if i'm gonna pick a side, it's got to be the winning side.

• Like 2

Why October?

Zombies will never attack in October, just before Halloween (Zombie Christmas) .

• Like 1

I think the whole zombie fad represents an unconscious human fear that we will be taken over by our technology and rendered 'dead and soul-less'. Just my personal thinking on the matter.

Well what do you know...just found this interesting article: http://nofilmschool.com/2013/06/zombie-love-obsessed-eat-brains

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

I think the whole zombie fad represents an unconscious human fear that we will be taken over by our technology and rendered 'dead and soul-less'. Just my personal thinking on the matter.

That is an interesting theory, Lilly. It is similar to the UFO scares in the 1950's caused by the fear of the spread of communism.

• Like 1

That is an interesting theory, Lilly. It is similar to the UFO scares in the 1950's caused by the fear of the spread of communism.

• Like 1

While this does sound rather a fun way to prepare for natural disasters, why not instead just do proper training?

You know, like what to do in case of wild fires, floods, the sort of thing a region should be ready for, not zombies?

Or was Max Brooks' work, The Zombie Survival Guide not a joke as we all thought it was...

Just glad october is no longer prostate awareness month. Proctober and zombie apocolypse are definately a recipe for a bad time. Zombie proctologists...... theirs some brain soup for the masses.

• Like 1

Just glad october is no longer prostate awareness month. Proctober and zombie apocolypse are definately a recipe for a bad time. Zombie proctologists...... theirs some brain soup for the masses.

oh, it wouldn't be that bad. they would probably just encourage you to eat more braaaans.

(sorry)

oh, it wouldn't be that bad. they would probably just encourage you to eat more braaaans.

(sorry)

Wonders if brains cause constipation

(sorry)

Wonders if brains cause constipation