Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

Applying the Occam's razor principle, isn't Occam's razor today a cheap Chinese knockoff, not an actual Gillette? 

Or it's too exotic so it proves Occam wrong, at least when talking about razors? 

In other words, Occam advises we always take the simplest answer as the most likely one, but what about us whose whole lives are made of exceptions to the rule of the most common? 

For example, a man is standing at our village bus stop at 6 AM, according to the Occam's razor it's a neighbour going to work, but it was a Japanese tourist who needed some advice on local transport - and I forgot to ask him if he likes hiking around in dawn or it was jet lag or something - and according to Occam neither of us really speaks much English, but if I may boast a little, weren't we both perfectly able to understand each other? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Or was he just being polite, as the Japanese so often are, in his restrained gestures and strained smile?

• Like 3

Oh, ****, what if you're right and due to our great English skills, he's tangled in razor wire somewhere in the forest in the no man's land on Slovenian border, waiting for border patrol to mistake him for an Afghan and unceremoniously toss him into Bosnia, assuming that's where he must have sneaked in from? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Send out a search party ..... NOW! Have you got a flashlight?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have I got a flashlight? This is the house of paranoid control freaks, of course we have flashlights, and they all work (see, didn't I just tell you we're not exactly normal?), so, you called it, you go first, Slovenian border is that way *points tentacle, gives you a flashlight with the other, pushes you gently in the right direction with third, checks your pockets with the fourth* ... my god, woman, you have nothing useful in your pockets... all right, you just follow the trail up the mountain, it's clearly marked, the foxes are tame, the guy behind the tree is harmless but don't talk to him and I'm coming as soon as I make us some sandwiches - do you prefer mayonnaise or home-made vegetable spread?   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Is it possible to have both mayonnaise and veggie spread in the same sarnie?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Absolutely, and I was going to add 'is that kosher?' question to my answer but it reminded me there's 'halal' certificate on the sugar I usually buy and how can I not rant now about silliness of 'certified halal' sugar? How exactly does one make 'haram' sugar? By adding lard in it? Who does that? So, what's the point of putting 'halal' certificate on sugar? Or it's like 'gluten free' for ME? Which reminds me I saw 'certified gluten free' ham and what the hell do they do with that ham if there's a chance it wasn't fracking gluten free? Roll it in flour? How's that kosher? Oh, yes, it's ham, so isn't that rhetorical question really? 

Anyway, are we ready? Flashlight, sandwiches, water, cat... what? All right, the cat is out of the bag, are we ready now?     

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hahaaa okay okay okay!!!!!! ... sheesh! cat is out of the bag can we go now?!!!!! Has to be the funniest thread on this rock!

Sadly logs back in, " OH YEAH! , so -- so, SO WHAT TIME IS IT ? -- well its too late for me, nighterz all!"

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Or was he just being polite, as the Japanese so often are, in his restrained gestures and strained smile?

To whom are you referring?

7 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Is it possible to have both mayonnaise and veggie spread in the same sarnie?

Why ruin a vegemite sandwich?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Vegemite? Did you just put my home-made ajvar down to the same level with vegemite? 

What's that vegemite made of, anyway? Recycled motor oil? 

For those who wonder about ajvar, here's the video (it's in Serbian, but you need no verbal explanations really, you can see it all) so why not even trying to make it yourself? 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Vegemite? Did you just put my home-made ajvar down to the same level with vegemite? 

What's that vegemite made of, anyway? Recycled motor oil? 

For those who wonder about ajvar, here's the video (it's in Serbian, but you need no verbal explanations really, you can see it all) so why not even trying to make it yourself? 

Cretin!!! You don't like Vegemite?

• Like 1

*raises Hatopus so you can see I raised an eyebrow*

Are you drunk or you think I personally p***ed in your Vegemite this morning? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, it is, as far I as know, it was invented in Serbia, but it was always very popular in Croatia too, which is not surprising since we were neighbours since 6th century and we are 'enemies' only since 1918 and the invention of  Serbian hegemony, so who could blame me for I still believe that if it could work for roughly 1,400 years and couldn't for only 100, we should and we will return it to the true tradition, which is sharing ajvar recipes instead of mass graves? 

(I'm an unforgiving monster and so on, but there's nothing to forgive regarding sane, decent people who never wanted any blood in their - or mine - ajvar. I apologize for longwindedness again, but can you imagine how much there is to this topic that I would scream from the rooftops and I somehow managed to keep untold this time?) 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Confused 1

Serb.. isn't that ... I mean don't they like beats and poppy seeds?, could have sworn a friend was talking about the two favourite things to a meal.... crikey it might have been Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania for all I know.

[Helen HA! one of my daughter's names]Oh sorry I didn't get time to take in that dissertation so no comments on that for now, maybe later in 2020.

AAAAAAAAaaaand finally in brief naturally to conclude for closure,

concerning w/ regard to referring thereof *catches breath* RECAPAGE::::: Serbian " isn't that ... I mean don't they like beats and poppy seeds? " < my question.  Okay ta-tAH! for now wave goodbye to the screen.
are you waving?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, I'm waving, can't you see me? *waves hands and tentacles* 

No? Really? *moves chair to the right*

Now? Better? Still nothing? *moves chair to the left*

All right, can you see me now? *stands up, flails hands and tentacles like an idiot, wakes cats up, hits the lamp*

What? At least I had some workout, don't they all say it's healthy? 

*cranks music up, continues waving* 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, I'm waving, can't you see me? *waves hands and tentacles* 

*cranks music up, continues waving* 

dsfdsfk this site, six hours later I got the quote in here rightk!!!!!!!!!!!!!saf

cranks up music.... HA! WOW !   are you sure you're not that redheaded comedian lady ? brb

Kathy Griffin, in trouble at times OBVIOUSLY A GO GETTER kathy_griffin.jpg as rodeo people say.

NOw to straighten MY PREVIOUS POST and my worst! TYPO EVER:

beet_PNG29.png

I MEANT RED BEETS ...... crap , tiny typo COMPLEEEEEEETLY messes up the meaning of message oh well.

2 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Serb.. isn't that ... I mean don't they like beats and poppy seeds? . . .

[Helen HA! one of my daughter's names]Oh sorry I didn't get time to take in that dissertation so no comments on that for now, maybe later in 2020.

RECAP::::: Serbian " isn't that ... I mean don't they like beats and poppy seeds? " < my question.  Okay ta-tAH! for now wave goodbye to the screen.

are you waving?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

Do you seriously think I could tell 'beats' was a typo? 

Honestly, when you spell it 'beets', only then my brain goes 'aahhh... yes, yes, beets is spelled beets not beats' and besides, who doesn't like a good beat?  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

ahahahahahaaaaa and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!  that last line killled me HA! you owe me a chair, now I have to get out of here... sorry nothing of wit , probably should stop stopping by here, alrighty!!!!!!! have to fly, now wasn't that the nicest retort you've ever heard I MEAN SEEN !?!?!?!?!?!?!?! had to say something I have to go laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz1885ecb598d055fcae42c6e4c4e9db1d.jpg

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Your people need you? Just need you? Isn't that nice? My people need me to stop nagging them, now, isn't that ungrateful?    

23 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

My people need me to stop nagging them

'Your people', as in the human race, and you've been nagging them to just sort out _everything?_

• Haha 1

Well, yes, and would that be so hard? No, it would be much easier than spending all this time and energy on screwing up everything and wouldn't we still have more than enough problems to worry about? 

How about just ...lower the humans' energy levels by 20 percent and then when we're floating along the River of Worry, just put on 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac, and the whole situation will be de-escalated? 

• Like 1