Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

29 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Because if it goes wrong, you know what's wrong, but if it goes smooth, you don't know what's wrong and is there a freaking chance there's really nothing wrong? 

did you write that deliberately so that people like me would ask WHAT? Isn't ignorance bliss, as they say?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Haha 2

Isn't ignorance bliss only until the realization hits you? 

Of course, there are those completely stupid and/or narcissist people, immune to understanding and/or accepting what went wrong, but since we - woe to us - are not that stupid, why wouldn't you join my neurotic festival? 

Kidding, sometimes there's nothing wrong with certain solution and everything really does go smoothly and won't it be something completely, unrelated else that waits behind the corner to jump at you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Cheeeze you kids are talking way over my head and I don't  like it.

. . . .  no I don't like it one bit !    . . .  . okay and for toyo boy my question is!!!!!!***echoECHO*:::::: isn't everything so easy after someone shows you how?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Would you please tell that to millions of stubborn imbeciles who are not watching to see how, but to find inspiration for a new set of complaints and excuses? 

"Joyride" could connote a couple things... a mellow, late summer hayride, or a magical, winter sleigh ride, or blasting blindly thru a cornfield in a borrowed (or rented, or stolen) car (or any vehicle that doesn't actually belong to you)...  which do you mean? 

7 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Cheeeze you kids are talking way over my head and I don't  like it.

. . . .  no I don't like it one bit !    . . .  . okay and for toyo boy my question is!!!!!!***echoECHO*:::::: isn't everything so easy after someone shows you how?

What in the name of hell are you talking about?

• Like 2

Hmmm, speaking of chill pills, has somebody run out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

isn't everything so easy after someone shows you how?

Isn't it ironic, that everything is easy when someone shows you how, yet when we show someone how, and they claim complete comprehension, that they still mess it up?

Many tried to teach me how to play golf, but after a couple of years trying my father said "RAyMO I know what you are doing wrong....You are standing too close to the ball .......after you've hit it!"

My point, my question, doesn't knowledge have to be paired with ability?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

Is the ability physical or mental eh?!?!?! regarding/concerning:

RAyMO "My point, my question, doesn't knowledge have to be paired with ability?"

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Is the ability physical or mental eh?!?!?! regarding/concerning

Depends on the circumstance surely? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we go back to golf for a second? Is it true it has relaxing effect?  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Can we go back to golf for a second? Is it true it has relaxing effect?  

For most people, probably, what could be nicer than a gentle stroll along the fairways - hitting a ball from hither to tither?

For me it was frustration upon frustration, temper upon realisation of ineptitude, depression founded on talentlessness. Oops, would you not have thought that talentlessness was a word?

besides what other sport for humans only (as opposed to with horses) do you win by scoring less than everyone else?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

Shouldn't you be happy your talents are a lot more complex than hitting a ball with funny looking stick?

• Like 3

RAyMO, how often, in the intervening years, have you wished you'd asked your father roughly the same question(^)? or at least quoted some PG Wodehouse at him, on the same subject?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

how often, in the intervening years, have you wished you'd asked your father roughly the same question(^)? or at least quoted some PG Wodehouse at him, on the same subject?

Taking that more generally, isn't it just a fact of life that younger generations fail to understand or exploit the knowledge of their seniors?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly Yes, but doesnt that say something about the failure of fathers to impart real wisdom to their children?... presuming they have any to impart?

(President Trump taught his son Barron to play chess... how'd that work out? Would you believe at age twelve he's a chess Grandmaster?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May young Barron grow up into happy, accomplished person, but the outright lie about his chess Grandmaster status is just another destructive, bizarre fabrication coming from his father's most weird cult.  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/barron-trump-chess/

Could you stick to golf? Because mentioning chess draws attention of people of at least average intelligence and we tend to check information and don't we feel like our intelligence was insulted when said information turns out to be shameless lie?  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

Why is it i wanted to believe what turns out not to have been so much a 'shameless lie', but rather a bit of satire?...

[The claim that Barron Trump was awarded the tile of Chess Grandmaster stemmed from an October 2017 satirical article published on the web site The Daily Chronicle.

Although the Daily Chroniclewebsite states that they are “All About The Facts, Not Feelings” on their About page, they acknowledge that they publish satirical content in their privacy disclaimer. - Quora.com]

... same reason i hoped Tiger Woods would prove to be one of the greatest golfers ever?

Oh, look, is that world champion in backpedaling? 

• Haha 1

Could you just answer the question please?

For what? Regurgitating a bit of innocent (or not) MSM satire?

Edited by purrrpetrator

And isn't it enough that I'm kicking myself in the buttuski for having so fully believed it to be fact?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And doesn't everyone have need to believe that something or other is absolutely true? And isn't anything & everything one sees in the corporate media true?