Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

On 09/03/2019 at 7:39 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

Would you feel better if I said 'yes'? :D 

(The interesting thing that struck me the other day, while I was enjoying my morning coffee with palpitations, is that original names of Slavic countries tell what alliances they tend to make lately: if the name ends with -ska, it's pro-Western, if it ends with -ja or -ia, they're leaning to Russia, also ending with -ia, obviously. You might think it's geographical thing, but it's not. Some -ja ending ones are situated more to the West than some -ska ending ones. It's one of those signs of order in chaos, put there by the higher power with specific intention to make me sound insane.

This text is light gray because toyo can't be bothered to put his glasses on while he's reading this thread so he won't see it.) 

Oh yes he will. Why would you think otherwise?

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2019 at 5:25 AM, MWoo7 said:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  HA!  my hearty laugh for the day !   /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^o^  >_<   x_x    #:-) 

What's this all about then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

. . . 

The crapper i t was hilarious, the high technology TOO FUNNY! and I got a kick out of it.

47 minutes ago, toyomotor said:
  On 3/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, MWoo7 said:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  HA!  my hearty laugh for the day !   /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^o^  >_<   x_x    #:-) 

AAAAaaand my question:::::::

What if nobody believed in Croatian / Slovenian high tech toys...means they don't exist?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

net lag,,,   I wasn't done with that, ... now won't let .... hmmm putting down below.
TRYING TO POST

my update: 

AAAAaaand my question, a pondering belief ! question for the sages of the Ages!:  )

What if nobody believed in Croatian / Slovenian high tech crappers?  would that mean they don't exist?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

You know what, why don't you come over here, take a deep breath and then you tell me what you believe to be existent or not? 

• Haha 1

Can I tag along too, just for a holiday?

• Like 1

Absolutely, but you do realise you'll have to use indoor plumbing and we'll only go sightseeing the most attractive outdoor solutions?  

• Haha 1

Helen, is your real name Baba Yaga ?

• Haha 2

On 10/03/2019 at 1:04 PM, MWoo7 said:

. . . 

The crapper i t was hilarious, the high technology TOO FUNNY! and I got a kick out of it.

AAAAaaand my question:::::::

What if nobody believed in Croatian / Slovenian high tech toys...means they don't exist?

Careful, you're approaching racism, aren't you?

15 hours ago, toyomotor said:

Helen, is your real name Baba Yaga ?

No, that's one of my nicknames, though I prefer Baba Roga (Horned Grandma) and unlike traditionally East Slavic Baba Yaga who flies in her cauldron, being South Slavic Baba Roga I use the less culturally different broom, besides, isn't broom easier to park than a cauldron?  

10 hours ago, toyomotor said:

Careful, you're approaching racism, aren't you?

Oh, relax, if I'm not offended it's clearly not offensive and is it not very clear when I'm ticked off with something? 

17 hours ago, acute said:

Grrr at people who post in the wrong thread. :angry:

:lol: 

What a wonderful idea using a cauldron instead of a broom! Do they make them in plus sizes? As for parking, does a witch really care who she lands on? 

• Haha 1

Of course there are plus sizes, Baba Yaga sometimes abducts people - children in particular - so there must be room in her cauldron for her... err... not really prey, it's more for... educational purposes, only she rarely returns those she took, but all in all, wasn't the question about the cauldron size?  

Regarding parking and witches, Baba Yaga/Roga is Gradmother of Grandmothers, therefore you could call her a witch, but she is not evil, absolutely not, she just has that old-fashioned approach we might see as unsettlingly unforgiving today, but wasn't the world a lot less stupid place while everyone, the last idiot included, knew that every single action of theirs will have fitting consequences?

So of course she does care where she lands, and may I present the scientific evidence in form of the fact that no honourable person was ever squashed with Baba Yaga's cauldron, or swept away by Baba Roga's broom?  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Thanks 1

So she's not averse to squashing/sweeping away politicians, carsalesmen etc ..... DIShonourable people?

• Like 1

That was one of the main points of her existence, but then people started thinking that honesty and honour are only getting in the way of their short-term goals, so she's limited her presence to household and gardening issues, but believing she's permanently retired or even dead would be a mistake and what do these shallow people do if not mistakes?  

• Like 2

:wacko: Gardening issues? Could you give an example, please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's also known as the Forest Mother, but since people tend to spend more time gardening than finding food or wood in the forests, I mentioned gardening, and it's simple: before going to the forest or the garden, you will politely ask for her approval and she will assist you, because she's really not evil, just jeziva (scary) and isn't superficial beauty overrated anyway?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i believe that, in history, the more 'mature' women (harmless but scary) of any settlement were the REAL on-the-ground arbitors of justice vis avi anything considered Dishonorable...  - in medieval times, in Europe at least though the phenomena was likely much more far-ranging, much more ancient, than that time or place, but never recorded) - if anyone in the village had aggregiously broken a law of honor they'd be immediately surrounded by that scary, self-appointed group and continuously reminded - in a din of hi-pitch wails - the transgressor, of their sin until he/she/it was either fully and completely humbled and repentant - tearing their clothes lolling in mud ashes on their heads etc by their utterly public debasement, or just skidaddled... gone diddly on... to the next town or village... or to the forest if word got out...

why am i telling you this?

becuz doesn't it reflect the spirit of Baba Yaga/Roga? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yep, I'd say she's another archetype, after all, what else do we have in our constructions about supernatural? 

Has anyone ever really imagined, invented something that never existed before, even as an archetype, or should I say especially as an archetype?   

• Like 1

Wouldn't Mary Shelley's Frankenstein qualify?

• Like 1

Do you even have to ask?

Doesn't that bring us to the question why were people worried, since the dawn of time (or at least Assyrians), that someone will take their parts and use them for constructing/maintaining someone else? 

Sure, but did it have to wait until the Age of the Internet for that actuality to raise its ugly head for real?

Sometimes I think we must be living in the end times :D but then I remember people always thought the end must be near because wasn't it always somehow better back then, when they were young and wasn't it always so disappointing and horrible and whatnot, now when they're all grown up and thus the reason why their world progressively sucks? 

Remind me, what comes after the end times?

• Like 2

Doesn't that depend on who do you ask? 
The way I imagine it is so syncretistic it would take a while to explain it and it would still sound insane, so how about I don't even try?