Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

Shall we look for both of them?

• Haha 1

Absolutely, and Charlie and Jura and... but how can you tell which one of them you found? 

• Haha 1

wouldn't you just check the last entry in your passport? and confirm (via GPS/GLONASS -- AND, if they're insisting they'd never heard of either Jura or Charlie, but that the decidedly Waldo-looking chap is actually someone called Hugo) that you're most likely in Sweden?

• Haha 1

Aren't you overestimating my orientation skill? 

• Haha 2

Doesn't the satnav on your broomstick do the orienteering for you?

• Haha 3

Well, yes, but don't I always insist I must be able to override everything and anything manually? So there... we are... in Sweden... while I was going to see Hessdalen lights, which is not that far away, to be honest, so can we say something positive, like 'at least I landed at the right peninsula'? 

• Haha 2

yes a positively charged particle landing but were you deliberately avoiding the isthmus?

• Like 1

Wouldn't I have a career if I was able to deliberately avoid anything?

• Haha 1

Funny? I dunno ..... doesn't it have Falklands Fiasco connotations? :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wasn't that when it was first mentioned? You know, 'yomping over Goose Green'. Wasn't it the first time anyone other than soldiers had used the word?

Would you Adam an' Eve it, the Urban dictionary(amongst others), agrees with me?

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aren't you reading too much into a word that I have used almost since I was able to yomp?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

'Since I was able to yomp'?! Good Grief! How often did your parents send you, as a small child, on long marches carrying heavy equipment? :(

• Haha 2

Isn't all ancillary equipment heavy when you're a child, whether you're down the mines or up a chimney?

• Haha 2

Are you suggesting children should be sent to mines or up the chimneys without necessary equipment? 

Wouldn't productivity suffer?  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Wasn't that when it was first mentioned? You know, 'yomping over Goose Green'. Wasn't it the first time anyone other than soldiers had used the word?

Would you Adam an' Eve it, the Urban dictionary(amongst others), agrees with me?

That's because you're correct. Brecon Beacons anyone?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Are you suggesting children should be sent to mines or up the chimneys without necessary equipment? 

Wouldn't productivity suffer?  

I thought child labour of this type had been banned?

What made you think that?

• Haha 3

Well, isn't it easy to forget about these kids that are not yours and are not right in front of your eyes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, toyomotor said:

That's because you're correct. Brecon Beacons anyone?

I'm game... when do we start?

• Thanks 1

"Record-breaking grayling on the Wye, some of the finest brown trout fishing in the country on the Usk and a sprinkling of well-stocked ..."

well, the question is, I guess, is, shall i bring my rod & reel? how bout the espresso machine? Shall we meet at Nant-ddu? or at Pen y Fan?

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, isn't it easy to forget about these kids that are not yours and are not right in front of your eyes? 

Schtorka?

Me? Not really, wouldn't a štorka/schtorka, or someone under schtorka control, be someone exploiting children, denying them health care and education, letting them die from preventable diseases and hunger, instigating wars in their homes and such?

Isn't it morbidly funny that you can't really be 'successful' in today's society without being possessed by bloodthirsty demon?  

• Haha 1