Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

Anonymously sourced, of course?

• Haha 1

Do you really need sources other than your own eyes? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I know, I know... wasn't there a lot to unsee lately? 

But can't you draw your conclusions from memory? 

edit: Hey, I just saw your profile quote! *screams* 

Have I told you lately just how much I love you? Will you please remember to never wash that brain of yours? 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wise choice, because we washed our car the other day and then we had to paint it too... well, not the whole car, just the parts that were revealed as paintless after the damn washing... anyway, if we didn't insist on our traditional annual car washing, we wouldn't have to do our traditional annual car painting and I wouldn't walk around with old tee wrapped around my hair and face, prompting my neighbour to ask me if I turned Muslim, to which I replied with spraying some paint in his direction, because no matter how damn expensive is that paint, who could resist?  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Isn't that a realistic option?

I think we've got few more years, but in one of the following springtimes, when air is saturated with pollen from countless blooming flowers, won't we wash our dearest vehicle, like so many times before, but will anything emerge when the foam is rinsed, except the seats, steering wheel with partially unglued duct tape and the small mountain of crap we keep in the car, defying the laws of physics?   

• Like 2

Except the laws of physics, because don't those who decide to break the laws of physics end up with broken bones, property or both? 

Not that we broke the car booth with our disregard for the laws of physics, yet, but would it surprise me if an avalanche of tools, spare parts, umbrellas, snow chains, summer shades, gloves, boots, first aid/last rites kits, bottles and canisters of various fluids and who knows what else just bursts through the back seat one day?   

In fact, you know how some people are preparing for this or that type of an apocalypse? I think I've accidentally got that in my car, but on the other hand, can it hurt? Provided the above mentioned avalanche doesn't burst through the back seat, of course, but is there a perfect apocalypse response plan anyway?    

• Haha 1

You mention a 'last rites kit' :lol: .... but will this be sufficient in the event of a back seat apocalypse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one who always has an Apocalypse Survival Kit at the ready, and also a Backup Apocalypse Survival Kit and a Backup Backup Apocalypse Survival Kit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aaah... finally, someone who does it properly... because isn't just one almost as good as none? 

And does double none sound reassuring? 

Isn't it clear then, that the security starts with at least one backup of the backup? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 30/03/2019 at 10:47 PM, acute said:

What if your eyes are temporarily removed for cleaning?

That's not really funny. My daughter is blind and has two glass eyes, I wonder if she would appreciate your post?

12 hours ago, acute said:

If it's my brain you are referring to, may I reassure you that I never wash anything?

Brain? BRAIN? You have a brain?

• Haha 1

So, should we give up any form of humour, since anything humorous could be interpreted as offensive, if you're intent to find offensiveness in it? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, toyomotor said:

Brain? BRAIN? You have a brain?

Can we use the term loosely?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, toyomotor said:

That's not really funny. My daughter is blind and has two glass eyes, I wonder if she would appreciate your post?

Is this an April Fool's joke?

• Like 1

Hopefully... but who hasn't lost any hope regarding veracity on the Internet? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, toyomotor said:

Assuming for a moment that this is not a joke, toyo, how could she possibly ever know about Helen's post?

It was acute who dared joking in a humorous thread, I followed gladly, but the original idea was his and it was funny, because it's removed from reality, the way cartoons are, for example, but apparently, there are people willing to claim they can't distinguish the reality and direct mockery (God forbid) from benign and obviously safely in the imaginary realm situated, humour. 

There.

Now the questionable part. 

I've noticed our blue tits are collecting cat hair for their nests - seriously, they take it from the doormat on which my cats love to sleep - is that something they usually do or it's just our blue tits that are abnormally confident?    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are your cats long haired? Could it be that cat's hair to them is like cashmere or angora to us?

• Like 1

More-less short-hairs, but definitely soft and fuzzy, ideal for a nest, only it comes from cats - that's confusing me... are the birds not a little disturbed with the smell of cat in their nests? 

On the other hand, do birds pay much attention to smells, anyway? 

Just now, acute said:

Can't the birds just nest on the doormat alongside the cats?

Well, they could, but only once and for a short time... so what can I do but hope they're not that cheeky yet? 

• Like 2