Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

:lol: 

After doing that to my signature, do I really care if you manage to drag me down with you? 

*grabs handbasket* 

All right, are you getting in on your own, or I have to chase you around? 

• Confused 1

I'm getting in, but ...in Wizard of Oz, why did the dog allow himself to be carried round in that basket, surrounded by a LION and a POSSESSED SCARECROW and a robot with a pointy nose that could've poked his little eye out at any moment? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't the more important question, who wants to watch a film where actors keep singing?

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Isn't the more important question, who wants to watch a film where actors keep singing?

Was it you, laughing in the car behind, the day after I saw La La Land, and tied getting out of my car on the motorway to start a song and dance routine, and was instantly killed by a lorry?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What, again? How many times can a character die before the audience stops taking it seriously? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What, again? How many times can a character die before the audience stops taking it seriously? 

Whereas I once hid Lego men the director's beret and now he kills my character in every other scene, I suspect you're 'teacher's pet'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/09/2018 at 5:14 AM, Carlos Allende said:

I'm getting in, but ...in Wizard of Oz, why did the dog allow himself to be carried round in that basket, surrounded by a LION and a POSSESSED SCARECROW and a robot with a pointy nose that could've poked his little eye out at any moment? 

Oh thou cretinous varlet, thou. Hast thou no respect for artistic history?

Since when is kitsch art?

Oh, yes *slaps forehead with a tentacle* since people started buying even worse than classic kitsch, of course, will you forgive me, I'm off my meds too?    

Kitsch? During WWII, we desperately scoured the ruins of Stalingrad trying to find a pair of Garland's magic shoes to get us back home, and did it work?

• Like 1

Of course not, back then you had to find such shoes before they send you on your mostly one-way journey, so, logically, no corpse was wearing anything remotely like them, which brings me to the following question: 

Is the idiotic custom of leaving non-closeted gays home, while straight and closeted are sent to die the reason why there's apparently a lot more gays today than before? Is it possible that distrust against openly gay people managed to give their genes the advantage? Is it in the genes at all?  

Or it's just that there was always about the same percentage of gays, only people were really, really afraid to come out with it? 

And don't get me started about misogyny in WWII, imagine, all those male flippers in boots large enough to house a family of ferrets, how is an average lady supposed to scavenge some footwear for herself? Have you ever tried running in boots 5 sizes too big? And these ****ing wars, don't they last forever, from a pair of boots perspective? Of course you'll need newer pair every year or two, three tops, while they never plan for war eternal, just a quick invasion and we're home for Christmas and don't stupid people fall for that one each and every time? 

On the other hand, there was certainly some comfort in realization that no one will steal your boots once you're dead, since they're too small, though it makes me wonder now, why wouldn't I want to go to the other side barefoot? 

Am I correct in assuming that in WW2 there were no gay chaps firing guns at each other? (Because c`mon, how can one be happy or jolly when they're surrounded with blood, death, bullets, and shrapnel?)

Edited by Mark One
  • Haha 2

Yes, yes, but what about those who won't be surrounded with said blood and death and whose profit only grows with each bullet and bomb?

Who are we to take their happiness away with insisting on staying alive and preferably not bathed in blood?    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Since when is kitsch art?

Oh, yes *slaps forehead with a tentacle* since people started buying even worse than classic kitsch, of course, will you forgive me, I'm off my meds too?    

You mean Sound of Music was kitsch?

Oklahoma was kitsch?

Wizard of Oz was kitsch?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carlos Allende said:

Kitsch? During WWII, we desperately scoured the ruins of Stalingrad trying to find a pair of Garland's magic shoes to get us back home, and did it work?

Was that Kansas Alice?

6 hours ago, Mark One said:

Am I correct in assuming that in WW2 there were no gay chaps firing guns at each other? (Because c`mon, how can one be happy or jolly when they're surrounded with blood, death, bullets, and shrapnel?)

When it is not hitting one, shrapnel and bullets that is, one should be happy, shouldn't they?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worse the experience, greater the happiness when it stops, of course, unless it was so awful you're not happy when it stops anymore, you're just... undead... for a while, because it wouldn't be a problem to live if you just remained detached like that so of course you'll be better, you'll seem almost sane with years, just in time for the next apocalypse, but the joke's on the devil because you can't be surprised or truly scared anymore so it's you that will call the louder tune, louder than the cannons or the sound of bones breaking... in short, aren't you glad I don't live in your house? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No, I'm not .... why would you say that? :D

• Like 1

Because I'm just trying to trick people into inviting me to their houses? *smiles, fangs show, but just a little*

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What would happen if you invited a vampire into, say, a back garden mezzanine, which was greater than twenty square metres, which you'd _failed_ to fill out the proper planning application for at the local council office? Which would catch fire, the vampire, or the Chief of the Local Planning Executive Committee? 

• Haha 2

Now, isn't that the true horror? 

Can you even drive a stake through vampire's heart anymore? Are you wearing goggles? Gloves? Aha, I see... and where's your vampire slaying certificate, level B or higher? 

Is it a wonder then, that they are walking around in broad daylight, slathered with sunscreen, hidden behind sunglasses because wearing them inside too is not a definition of a village idiot anymore and whose fault is that?  

Well, not mine, I'm a werewolf anyway and I have to shave to pass for a vampire only because - have you ever tried showing up for the job interview in full fur?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/09/2018 at 4:38 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course not, back then you had to find such shoes before they send you on your mostly one-way journey, so, logically, no corpse was wearing anything remotely like them, which brings me to the following question: 

Is the idiotic custom of leaving non-closeted gays home, while straight and closeted are sent to die the reason why there's apparently a lot more gays today than before? Is it possible that distrust against openly gay people managed to give their genes the advantage? Is it in the genes at all?  

Or it's just that there was always about the same percentage of gays, only people were really, really afraid to come out with it? 

And don't get me started about misogyny in WWII, imagine, all those male flippers in boots large enough to house a family of ferrets, how is an average lady supposed to scavenge some footwear for herself? Have you ever tried running in boots 5 sizes too big? And these ****ing wars, don't they last forever, from a pair of boots perspective? Of course you'll need newer pair every year or two, three tops, while they never plan for war eternal, just a quick invasion and we're home for Christmas and don't stupid people fall for that one each and every time? 

On the other hand, there was certainly some comfort in realization that no one will steal your boots once you're dead, since they're too small, though it makes me wonder now, why wouldn't I want to go to the other side barefoot? 

Ever heard of Occams Razor?

• Like 1

Could you give me a definition of Occam's Razor and an example of when I might use it? Thanks. :D

• Haha 1