Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

Edit too extensive to dive into.... is it that late?

Edited by purrrpetrator

5 minutes ago, purrrpetrator said:

So how does that make the story (which i humbly admit i believed to be true, and therefore innocently included it in my response to RAyMO, thinking it relevant, as an outstanding example of a father imparting wisdom to his child) a "shameless lie" or a "bizarre fabrication coming from his father's most weird cult"?

Read through the rest of that "Daily Chronicle" site. Considering the rest of their stories arent set up as satire I'm not wholly convinced Snopes was right in classifying this one as satire.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Read through the rest of that "Daily Chronicle" site. Considering the rest of their stories arent set up as satire I'm not wholly convinced Snopes was right in classifying this one as satire.

Are you perchance suggesting that the Daily Chronicle was intentionally proposing that the Trump family are genetic chess geniuses? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Are you perchance suggesting that the Daily Chronicle was intentionally proposing that the Trump family are genetic chess geniuses? 

Well the entire site has kind of a "throw it against the wall and see what sticks", Uranium1 kind of vibe to it so , maybe?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

I don't mind when stupid people mistake satire for truth. After all, it's pretty hard today to tell right away if you're reading satire or actual news. Especially regarding Trump, whose bizarre behaviour is weirder than any satire. (And I'm not talking about being unable to operate an umbrella, I'm talking about pleasuring Putin or that nasty little Korean ****, in public.)

What I do mind is when there was no honest mistake - when people peddle lie, fully aware what they're doing, because it suits their agenda. 

In this particular case, yes, it's possible to make a honest mistake and swallow chess master lie, if one has absolutely no idea about chess and its ranking. But. If that 'fact' will be spread around, it has to be checked first. 

Bearing in mind Trump's sect is an industry of raw, shameless, often completely unnecessary, always childishly unconvincing lies, attempting to spread anything - any.thing. - remotely related to Trump as a fact is obviously either a mistake no intelligent person can afford, either an act of political sabotage. Nothing less. 

So. 

Anyone wonders what I think of Trump's actual ability to even set the chess board, let alone play chess? 

Trump and... ch... chess... of all things... good god, what mental images it gives me... did I mention before I've got rather morbid imagination when provoked? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When asked if he wanted to play a game, do you think he was getting(in his fabulously fluffy blonde head), chess and drafts mixed up?

Edited by ouija ouija
or should that be draughts?
  • Haha 1

Who knows? What I do know is that he mixes up Baltic and Balkan, which would be almost acceptably embarrassing for him, if his latest 'wife' wasn't from Slovenia, so while I usually don't comment other people's marriages, how could I not wonder if these two ever even talk to each other? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I probably missed the whole point of conversation but, she's a Slovenianaiac eh?  

UPDATE: on that side of the rock probably spelled Sloveniac.

Edited by MWoo7
mmm just needed a touch more just a skosh more iac

Wouldn't you like to know what's going on in her head when she's with him, or more to the point, when she's with him and he's committing a faux pas or six? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember me saying there cannot ever be too much info? Well, may I take that back? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Of course you can take it back, but do you remember the UM rule that states you will have to pay a forfeit? :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Forfeit? Pay? Really? All right, on a second thought, who wouldn't like to know more about these... particular... horrors? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Could it wait until tomorrow? It's just that, right now, I have to ..... erm .... I have to ....... go somewhere! (Anywhere!)

• Haha 1

How about you go with me, I've got fertilizer to spread while it's still daylight outside?   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Of course they do, but haven't you seen them outside the houses with flowers growing in them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, don't you know we too have got all the latest technology now? 

file.php?vrsta=images&image=5_4f5376ca2f

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  HA!  my hearty laugh for the day !   /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^~^  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^o^  >_<   x_x    #:-) 

Croatia? ... I thought it was Sloveniac tech?  EH! < Question is right there.

Edited by MWoo7
edit: now before someone is saying hmmm what was that about?, hint right here>>  I was reading the whole thread even the part with no likes.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No, no, the particular high-tech toilet is from Serbian site, not Slovenian, or Slavonian, not to be confused with Slovakian, but does it matter, since it looks so perfectly Slavic? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Serbian, Slovenian, Slavonian, Slovakian, Slavic

Are these made-up words?

:blink:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Would you feel better if I said 'yes'? :D 

(The interesting thing that struck me the other day, while I was enjoying my morning coffee with palpitations, is that original names of Slavic countries tell what alliances they tend to make lately: if the name ends with -ska, it's pro-Western, if it ends with -ja or -ia, they're leaning to Russia, also ending with -ia, obviously. You might think it's geographical thing, but it's not. Some -ja ending ones are situated more to the West than some -ska ending ones. It's one of those signs of order in chaos, put there by the higher power with specific intention to make me sound insane.

This text is light gray because toyo can't be bothered to put his glasses on while he's reading this thread so he won't see it.) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

'Yes, I can have the remainder of the chocs all to myself'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YES! YES chocs sure if it lets us slip off the superduper sylvania crapper techie gadget theme and that's not how you spell it- is it !?!?!?!? ( Slovenia }: o ? err Slovic...~ : O i give. )

". . . are these words made up ?  " THAT ONE KILLED ME HAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

'Yes, I can have the remainder of the chocs all to myself'?

Remainder of the chocs? 

You mean, the wrappings? 

3 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

YES! YES chocs sure if it lets us slip off the superduper sylvania crapper techie gadget theme and that's not how you spell it- is it !?!?!?!? ( Slovenia }: o ? err Slovic...~ : O i give. )

". . . are these words made up ?  " THAT ONE KILLED ME HAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, Sylvania would be Transylvania, which is in Romania, because it simply meant 'through the woods' in Roman, though Romanians are not to be confused with Romans in every sense of that word, and that's not Slavic but close enough since I'm sure you can find such amazing toilets over there too, which makes them at least honorary Slavic, or Slovenic, if you insist, though Slovenes from Slovenia are Slovenic while Slavic but all Slavs are not Slovenic, obviously, while they're certainly Slovenic - again, if you insist, so will you tell me what pulls you to the Slovene instead of Slavic linguistic version? 

• Haha 3

That is just insanely funny .... where do you come up with this,,, ? HAVE YOU BEEN FLOATING IN THE QUINTESSENCE AGAIN ! !??!?!!?!?  [an old religious hippy thing]

Concerning /// regarding:

No, no, Sylvania would be Transylvania

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1