Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

On 30/03/2019 at 5:02 AM, purrrpetrator said:

Anonymously sourced, of course?

That "Anonymous" certainly gets around, don't he/she?

• Haha 2

On 30/03/2019 at 5:23 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

Do you really need sources other than your own eyes? 

Yes, 'cause my eyes can't be everywhere, can they?

• Haha 1

On 30/03/2019 at 10:47 PM, acute said:

What if your eyes are temporarily removed for cleaning?

Yeah, what if?

• Haha 1

On 01/04/2019 at 3:11 AM, acute said:

Couldn't it have turned out much worse if you found no car at all?

Yeah, b*****, less air pollution, less death on our roads, more parking space for bicycles. What's bad about that?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

So, should we give up any form of humour, since anything humorous could be interpreted as offensive, if you're intent to find offensiveness in it? 

Why is the word "Offensive, and Offensiveness"? Could it not be simply offension?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't playing fast and loose with the English language only tend to create a state of confusedness?

• Haha 1

I definitely detect a touch of fictionality there ..... should the red wiggly underlineification be the decider?

• Haha 4

Hell, no, didn't you notice that red wiggly underlin...ng...thing... doesn't recognise legitimate words, such as 'puggle'? 

• Haha 2

Since I'm apparently in waaaay over my head here, having never seen or heard the word 'puggle', can i simply, gracefully, refrain from answering?

• Like 1

Who told you to solve mysteries just like that? 

• Haha 2

Isn't it purely instinctive; see a mystery, solve it?

• Like 2

On 01/04/2019 at 5:15 PM, toyomotor said:

Yeah, b*****, less air pollution, less death on our roads, more parking space for bicycles. What's bad about that?

well, for starters, wouldn't less death on the roads tend to slow the gene pool purification process? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

How about we limit the enthusiasm to 'attempt to solve' it?

Because while some mysteries were indeed solved, is there anything worse than obviously crappy explanation to a great mystery? 

Like when they say everyone who has ever saw a ghost was simply insane and/or drunk and/or drugged? That's not an explanation, that's an excuse and  ... why are you posting now

edit: Ah, the gene pool purification through reckless driving... but haven't you noticed it's often an imbecile driving like an imbecile, killing perfectly good people, while he (or she) survives to keep on doing damage, only now demanding compassion too, because who can ever be a true victim if not the imbecile in question? 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 02/04/2019 at 1:04 PM, purrrpetrator said:

Wouldn't playing fast and loose with the English language only tend to create a state of confusedness?

The Americans have been doing it forever. Last night I heard a man on TV tell another man to go and "conversate" with another man, so why not?  

• Haha 2

Do you remember the comedy sketch (with American characters) when Stephen Fry says to Hugh Laurie:  "case dismissulated"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i don't, but almost immediately upon researching the scene you quoted from, i found the fabricated alternate to "instructing"... would you believe "instructioning"?

:rolleyes:

purrrpetrator said:

5 hours ago, toyomotor said:

The Americans have been doing it forever.

hence the state of the States?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

... haven't you noticed it's often an imbecile driving like an imbecile, killing perfectly good people, while he (or she) survives to keep on doing damage, only now demanding compassion too, because who can ever be a true victim if not the imbecile in question? 

Sure, but isn't it just "collateral damage", in the classic sense? wherein, "sure, a million Iraqi children died due to sanctions, but isnt it obvious that the world's a far, far better place because of that?"

Are you sure the loss of brown lives is still considered 'damage'?

You're not suggesting that the perps of the historic, above-mentioned atrocity somehow gave more of a crap than the current crew, are you?

(don't answer that... instead, could you briefly touch on the looming avocado crisis?)

Edited by purrrpetrator

There's looming avocado crisis? Does it mean I missed my chance to try the damn thing? 

On 01/04/2019 at 5:12 PM, toyomotor said:

... my eyes can't be everywhere, can they?

So you're really NOT the all-knowing, all-seeing omnipotence we've consistently been led to believe you were??

Edited by purrrpetrator

On 02/04/2019 at 1:04 PM, purrrpetrator said:

You mean it doesn't cause confusedness now?