Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

but wouldn't that attack be soft, creamy smooth, mildly nutty and chartruese?, and therefore bordering on fun?  (IF snowflakey Arian apples even know what fun is... if NOT it could easily go full-blown derangement syndrome...)

applesauce anyone?

Edited by purrrpetrator
for sleeping snowflake's peace of mind sure, in a basket, with a big, room temp rock on top
  • Like 1

Oh, rock on top, that reminds me of sauerkraut, when you make it at home, in a barrel, a rock goes on top so that it doesn't escape and murders everyone within 5 mile radius with its stench... god, it stinks... who would say cabbage has such dark side?   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

rumors, of murderous malignance, are part of a complex plot to mislead*

rock, on top of board, on top of cabbage, in crock, is only to keep contents below level of brine...

*in-the-know neighbors can actually hardly wait for the finished product.... would you believe myself included?

would you believe even the thought induces salivation?  if not salvation?

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh, I believe and it's also ridiculously healthy - did you know sauerkraut brine was traditionally used for rinsing wounds and against hangover?  Fresh cabbage is miraculous too, slightly crushed leaves can help reduce the swelling, traumatic or due to inflammation - bunions for example - then for softening hard calluses so they can be removed easily, it is said it can, if eaten regularly, cure various chronic digestive problems and so on... and except epic farting there are no any possibly harmful side-effects... yes, I know, people would sometimes find babies in cabbage but the times are changing so could we say cabbage is perfectly safe?      

Good Grief! Have you not heard of goitre? I have a vegan friend who ate cabbage(as a sandwich), every day, and he bu****ed up his thyroid! :o

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Would you care to enlighten us as to the letters behind the asterisks, maybe in   t h I s   fashion?

• Haha 3

Can we go back to goitre? I honestly never heard it could occur due to cabbage overdose, do you know any details?

In other words, was it really cabbage or iodine deficiency? 

How could cabbage lower iodine level? Anyway, just in case there's something I'm missing, don't forget to sprinkle some salt (iodised) on your cabbage and won't you be safe?  

• Like 2

Isn't edit one very useful feature? 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Can we go back to goitre? I honestly never heard it could occur due to cabbage overdose, do you know any details?

In other words, was it really cabbage or iodine deficiency? 

How could cabbage lower iodine level? Anyway, just in case there's something I'm missing, don't forget to sprinkle some salt (iodised) on your cabbage and won't you be safe?  

I think you'd have to eat an awful lot of it ...... and he did, raw, every single day for decades .... so could he be the only person to have cabbage-related goitre? :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

How could cabbage lower iodine level? Anyway, sprinkle some salt (iodized) on your cabbage and won't you be safe?  

"iodized salt" is so-named (and the pkgs so-labelled) bcuz the salt processor adds a certain volume of iodine to one of salt, and stirs... but if you think he/she stands there, stirring salt all day, to achieve a perfectly uniform salt/iodine mix/ratio, you'd be wrong... therefore (what i do) add more seaweed to your diet and/or one drop of actual iodine, to a glass of water, once a week, and won't your goiter (not to mention thyroid) -- the latter especially in case of nuclear bomb or power station meltdown) love you for it?

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I think you'd have to eat an awful lot of it ...... and he did, raw, every single day for decades .... so could he be the only person to have cabbage-related goitre? :(

No, but seriously won't decades of eating (or drinking or breathing or dreaming) anything naturally result in something breaking down?

• Like 2

Something like the chair under you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 03/04/2019 at 7:54 PM, purrrpetrator said:

well, for starters, wouldn't less death on the roads tend to slow the gene pool purification process? 

Nope! Eradication of the human race would sure do it though, ay?

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2019 at 10:08 AM, acute said:

Do you think your experiences of the fairer sex may be clouding your judgement?

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, aren't they?

• Thanks 1

women certainly possess the equipment to return to Venus, if they so desired, apparently, if the experts who built this model (see below) are correct.... would men even make it past the moon, with so little?

manwoman1.jpg.a0087331e745ef7f697410fcaffdf331.jpg

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, toyomotor said:

Nope! Eradication of the human race would sure do it though, ay?

of course you realize I'm not really a cat, right? the whole purrrpetrator thing is just a persona, y'know...

but if i was a real cat id say "no", glancing up, slightly sideways, from the warm human lap where ive had my furry little face nestled, for nigh on 7 yrs.... "no, not the whole human race...  there are good humans...."

but then i'm human, right?

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Something like the chair under you?

:lol: exactly one day but prob not tomorrow or the next day  

• Like 1

So I've been reading about cabbage goitre and yes, turns out cabbage really can disrupt iodine reception in thyroid, but only in excessive amounts, for prolonged periods of time.

I was so amazed to learn that because cabbage is very present in our local diet, and yet goitre is extremely rare since salt is being iodised (and the levels of all minerals are monitored for each batch - now I'd mention the EU too but I won't :D ). So that excess amount must really be excessive. I'd say you're perfectly safe if you eat cabbage regularly, but the other food too. You're also safe if you'll go on cabbage binge few times a year. 

Now, the chairs.

I let my cat have my chair, but as soon as I did that and put another chair next to my cat's chair, he decided he'll take my new chair so I thought fine, I'll have my old chair back. But then he went back to his former chair, I went back to my new chair, which made him use the new chair again, which made me take the old chair and that is why we have two chairs at my desk now, one always empty and the other always hairy. 

The question is should I try with the third chair or stop trying with the second one?     

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

Do you think everyone else in this thread is? :unsure2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The question is should I try with the third chair or stop trying with the second one?     

Could you tie your most comfortable chair to your bottom so the cat never got a chance to sit there?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Do you think everyone else in this thread is? :unsure2:

*raises tentacle* I certainly am, has anyone ever doubted that? 

52 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Could you tie your most comfortable chair to your bottom so the cat never got a chance to sit there?

Wouldn't he sit on my head then? What would Hatopus say? There's always room for one more, that's what, but my neck has its limits, you know?  

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2019 at 5:17 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Can we go back to avocados for a moment? 

We finally tried that precious avocado yesterday and I'd say it really is rather rich and nutty at first, but the aftertaste is a bit soapy and then I asked my husband what he thinks and he said: 'As far as I'm concerned, they can close the border.' so I'll call it a successful experiment because isn't it a success when you find out you don't really miss much with not being able to afford something?   

Joking aside, it's an interesting fruit, but not interesting enough to be eaten unspiced so don't I have to try guacamole today?  

Wait a minute, what have Avacados have to do with women?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

of course you realize I'm not really a cat, right? the whole purrrpetrator thing is just a persona, y'know...

but if i was a real cat id say "no", glancing up, slightly sideways, from the warm human lap where ive had my furry little face nestled, for nigh on 7 yrs.... "no, not the whole human race...  there are good humans...."

No you wouldn't. You'd glare at the human with your usual feline arrogance, and then ignore them, wouldn't you?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

women certainly possess the equipment to return to Venus, if they so desired, apparently, if the experts who built this model (see below) are correct.... would men even make it past the moon, with so little?

manwoman1.jpg.a0087331e745ef7f697410fcaffdf331.jpg

Just goes to show that men don't need all of the fiddly buttons and knobs to get it done, don't it?

• Haha 1