Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

toyomotor

Humans could be considered highly sophisticated biological machines sounding more or less "human" but, in fact, they just behave like more or less charming versions of Terminators wearing synthetic skin and hair, right?

Humans, like Terminators? Hell, no, Terminators had their goals, dedication, methods... if there's something humans are consistent at, isn't that inconsistency? 

• Like 1

I don't know any human who knows... "humans": "Humans do this or humans do that", it's just a lovely hasty generalization for which "exceptions" should be the rule?

Well, yes, humans do humane things and humans can also do the most inhumane things, but how can you communicate with humans without generalizations? Haven't you noticed that they communicate almost exclusively through generalizations, phrases, references and allegories?  And why not, isn't - let me use an adage, like a true human - a picture worth a thousand words and aren't allegories and phrases and such a sort of verbal pictures? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

a picture worth a thousand words

Don't you think a picture of me is worth a thousand pounds?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, acute said:

Don't you think a picture of me is worth a thousand pounds?

With or without your shoes on? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, acute said:

I'll take that as a "Yes", shall I?

Wait, wait, that's not my fetish, that's just me being senile, apparently, forgetting to post my question, but not forgetting you, of course, who could ever forget you? 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, acute said:

If that's not your fetish, is it elbows?

Elbows? Really? Can you imagine any less thrilling body part?

Except when you hit your elbow, I hit mine few days ago and it's still a little sore because I keep leaning on it, but on the brighter side, would I ever discover how much time my right elbow carries half of my body weight and doesn't that explain why my right shoulder hurts for seemingly no reason?

If anyone was wondering why don't I just lean on my left elbow for a change, it's because I'd have to switch my left and right hand and the position of my desk and then I'd have to have air conditioning unit moved to the other wall which means the shelves would have to be moved to the other-other wall and if I do that this wall would have to be painted and who paints walls in middle of winter? 

Do you want me to die from draught?  

• Haha 1

Do you have to be soo dramatic?

• Haha 1

You think that was dramatic? What would you call it if you could the see whole performance with gesticulating, re-enacting the event that resulted in my elbow being hit and opening and closing door and window to demonstrate the draught?  

• Haha 1

Result in my death? :rolleyes: Or result in death of the one whose fault it was I hit my elbow? :yes:

• Like 1

Why not trans rights to bear arms, remain silent as a form of free speech and do you have any objections your honour?

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Confused 1

What is your opinion on the accuracy (or otherwise) of the 22/7 approximation of the constant Pi?

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, but it's some constant pie, does that sound edible? 

Isn't constant pie better than intermittent pie?

• Haha 1