Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Save Lives (Part 2)

F3SS

Those Torx bits are really nasty..especially the #'s 25 and 30.

I wish those would become the new standard. Except for maybe the smaller bits on trim-head style screws they never ever strip.

• Like 1

Congratulations Maine! Beginning this week, you will become the 8th state or territory to allow some form of unrestricted concealed carry in public places.

All residents aged 21 or over will no longer need a permit to carry a pistol or revolver on their person, when traveling on foot or in their vehicles. There are a few exceptions such as courthouses, schools, federal buildings, state parks, etc. But for the most part, so long as you’re legally allowed to own a firearm, you’re good to go in the State of Maine.

And contrary to what many of the gun grabbers would have you think, the state isn’t going to turn into a Mad Max free-for-all any time soon.

http://www.infowars.com/sign-of-things-to-come-maine-now-allows-concealed-carry-without-permit/

• Like 5

There are a few exceptions such as courthouses, schools, federal buildings, state parks, etc.

Which is where the crazies will go to attempt "mass shootings", of course.

But for the most part, so long as you’re legally allowed to own a firearm, you’re good to go in the State of Maine.

Good for Maine. We will need a license here in IN, which isn't really a big deal because it's affordable, but other than that Indiana is a pretty free state as well. I'd like to see the rest of the nation follow through with Maine's stance on gun rights.

• Like 2

vermont has no license to carry as well, no rivers of blood, no streets shoot outs, only one of the lowest crime rates in usa, along with maine

• Like 4

"An armed society is a polite society"

Did I get that quote right?

• Like 4

Again, forgive the next bit as it comes from a non American type individual...

Not a problem. Always glad to help out. It's important to understand.

If the idea of open carry is to act as a deterent to prevent a shooting taking place, and there's a push to get colleges to allow this, might there not be a way to allow a deterent that would fit this without the spread of a lot of guns? To wit:

Anything short of having a spread of guns, then first responders are reacting after the fact. That really doesn't help in defending the individual. It may prevent more death. It just doesn't prevent that initial action. Nothing will. No law written will. All you can do is meet that action as soon as possible with overwhelming force. The only way to do that is to have more people armed.

For this to work, people need to be at ease around firearms and act responsible. Unfortunately, that is problematic in this country today. And politicians acknowledge this fact and think that the only solution is ineffective stricter gun laws. The real solution would be for the government to change the environment making guns more acceptable and keeping the population informed on how to properly use firearms.

If the Second Amendment is clear that carrying a weapon is only to be allowed if the armed person is part of a militia,

That's not what it says. One does not need to be in a militia. In a hunting culture at the time the Bill of Rights were being written, it doesn't make much sense that you can only have a gun in a militia before you could go hunting. The purpose of the Second is for something else.

Need to point out that we the people already have the right to keep and bear arms. The Bill of Rights is not a list of rights granted to us by the government but a minimal list of rights the government cannot infringe on. People forget that importance.

I guess it hasn't been posted in a while but here is the text:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As we see in the 1st Amendment, there are 5 to 6 clauses there. Just depends on how you organize them. All are actually separate rights. And likewise, there are at least 2 clauses in the 2nd. If the Founding Fathers had intended that the people are only allowed arms in a militia, then the phrasing would be one clause going something like this: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in a well regulated militia shall not be infringed. But we don't see that. We see 2 distinct clauses. One for a militia and one for the individual. The Founding Fathers listed the militia clause first so that the meaning could not be confused. And yet, there are those that try to confuse it.

But the intent of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the citizenry from enemies, foreign *AND* domestic. That means to defend ourselves from our own government. And from time to time, in order for a free people to stay free needs to challenge that government. To clean the ranks of the tyrants. We prefer to use the power of the ballot to do that but when that fails, the people may seek to use the bullet to make that change.

• Like 2

I have another angle to look at. It came to me while watching the latest episode of "The Walking Dead". You don't need to know anything about the show. Most people don't "get it" anyway. It has more to do with living people than zombies. There's this band of survivors called the Wolves. They basically attack anything and everything. Last night's episode, they attacked "our" community, killing people left and right, and taking prisoners. During the attack, it came to light that they didn't have guns. The community has an armory and several of the members of the community headed for the armory before the Wolves found it. Once there, the community was able to fight back.

But using this as a basis. Most mass murderers so far have been single assailants. The next step is to see small bands armed with knives. We already see this in day-light strong arm robberies where a group break into a home and kill/mutilate the home owners. Or gang members terrorizing a neighborhood. Or even a group of hijackers that take control of a passenger plane with box cutters. Situations that low capacity magazines won't be able to deal with. Removing guns will just encourage such behavior and the police won't even know it's happening. It is only a matter of time before we begin to see more of this. This Liberal agenda is just leading us to a perfect storm and only because they don't think ahead at the consequences. And we won't need a zombie holocaust for this to happen. When you make yourself weak, you make yourself a target.

• Like 1

Israeli Gun License Requests Skyrocket by 5,000 Percent Amid Wave of Terror Attacks: Report

Daily applications for Israeli gun license requests have skyrocketed 5,000 percent as citizens scramble to find ways to defend themselves in response to a wave of Palestinian terror attacks at public transportation facilities, on buses and on city streets, an Israeli financial newspaper reported.

Israel’s public security ministry told The Marker that it’s been getting 8,000 gun license requests per day over the last two weeks — a massive increase over its regular 150 license requests per day.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/19/israeli-gun-license-requests-skyrocket-by-5000-percent-amid-wave-of-terror-attacks-report/

• Like 1

JERUSALEM — Pepper spray is flying off stores shelves and Israelis are stocking up on guns amid a wave of random "lone wolf" stabbing attacks by Palestinians.

http://www.nbcnews.c...abbings-n445151

What a novel idea.

Silly Israelis....

To paraphrase Obama....

"Clinging to their guns and religion..." (Running for office in 2004)

"Your gun can't protect you, someone else has to protect you..." (The you didn't build that speech)

I'm only surprised that the Israeli government hasn't overreacted yet.

Good for the people that they protect themselves. Doubtless if it works, then we'll just be told that it was only luck that there was no more attacks.

I keep hearing "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." from the 'pro' folks.

Shouldn't this thread then be titled People Save Lives (Part 2)? :unsure2:

vermont has no license to carry as well, no rivers of blood, no streets shoot outs, only one of the lowest crime rates in usa, along with maine

The other thing Vermont is known for... Being 95.2% white in population.

Seems Vermont, Maine and Idaho and New Hampshire top out the whitest states.

http://www.indexmund...ercentage#chart

New Hampshire, Vermont, Idaho, Maine are at the top of the least gun related death states....

https://en.wikipedia...States_by_state

These are rates, despite high gun ownership rate, which mirror most European nations.

Correlation appears to be clear. I don't want to be a racist, or a bigot, but it seems to me that the danger of gun death is cultural, and other variables are red herrings that are thrown out by PC-ophiles to stroke their egos on how progressive they are rather then dealing with the real problem. Which is violent sub-cultures.

I keep hearing "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." from the 'pro' folks.

It probably should have been titled "People using guns to protect themselves".

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

I've said that before, guns are just inanimate tools, they do absolutely nothing on their own.

But this thread is titled the way it is because of all of the ignorant leftist knee-jerked "guns kill people" rubbish that is thrown around. It' a counter to ignorance, and nothing more.

• Like 1

That's true. It was kind of born out of rebellion rather than technicality. Phrase the incidents the thread(s) pertain to however you like but nitpicking nuance doesn't take away from the point which is well understood by those who like it and those who don't even if they play dumb about it.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Israeli Gun License Requests Skyrocket by 5,000 Percent Amid Wave of Terror Attacks: Report

Daily applications for Israeli gun license requests have skyrocketed 5,000 percent as citizens scramble to find ways to defend themselves in response to a wave of Palestinian terror attacks at public transportation facilities, on buses and on city streets, an Israeli financial newspaper reported.

Israel’s public security ministry told The Marker that it’s been getting 8,000 gun license requests per day over the last two weeks — a massive increase over its regular 150 license requests per day.

http://www.theblaze....attacks-report/

A wave of Palestinian terror attacks in response to a wave of Israeli terror attacks that didn't make the news again.

What's that have to do with this? Other than what dead people we care about. Let's be consistent with our beliefs about guns saving lives here. If gun licenses for Palestinians went up 5000% eventually there'd be a lot less crime in the occupied Palestinian territories. The ultimate case of gun control, Israel. Really? Generally Palestinians aren't even armed with guns. And generally, we love to pretend they don't have anything worth fighting about, with guns. So they'll have to bring a knife to the gunfight with the "settlers" i.e. the criminal squatters.

I just saw a gang of Israeli thugs smash someone's head open "Break his head! Break his head!" Eventually there's blood all over the floor, and the guy was completely innocent of being an Arab or any other wrong thing. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Cowards kicking a man in the head when he's down. Clearly a case of mistaken identity and I'm sure they're very sorry for their skull crushing mistakes. I just witnessed a brutal gangland murder and what's going to happen to these Israeli killers for killing this dark-skinned man in cold blood?

• Like 1

I have another angle to look at. It came to me while watching the latest episode of "The Walking Dead". You don't need to know anything about the show. Most people don't "get it" anyway. It has more to do with living people than zombies. There's this band of survivors called the Wolves. They basically attack anything and everything. Last night's episode, they attacked "our" community, killing people left and right, and taking prisoners. During the attack, it came to light that they didn't have guns. The community has an armory and several of the members of the community headed for the armory before the Wolves found it. Once there, the community was able to fight back.

But using this as a basis. Most mass murderers so far have been single assailants. The next step is to see small bands armed with knives. We already see this in day-light strong arm robberies where a group break into a home and kill/mutilate the home owners. Or gang members terrorizing a neighborhood. Or even a group of hijackers that take control of a passenger plane with box cutters. Situations that low capacity magazines won't be able to deal with. Removing guns will just encourage such behavior and the police won't even know it's happening. It is only a matter of time before we begin to see more of this. This Liberal agenda is just leading us to a perfect storm and only because they don't think ahead at the consequences. And we won't need a zombie holocaust for this to happen. When you make yourself weak, you make yourself a target.

That's scary and probably true. Life imitates Hollywood... or life follows Hollywood/TV... In fact some movies and TV have an eerie way of predicting the future... or maybe they're suggestive to impressionable people... and become self-fulfilling prophecies.

just as much as "other" thread, should be titled people take lives, :yes:

Edited by aztek

That "other thread" jumped off a bridge and took its own life long long ago.

Are you sure it wasn't a gun suicide? ...

Sorry... I gotta have a little fun in these serious topics from time to time... :blush:

• Like 3

Self-defense classes are jam-packed, gun applications are pouring in and pepper spray is a hot commodity in Israel, where a wave of deadly stabbings by Palestinians has citizens of the Jewish state on edge and fighting back.

These are not settlers living in the disputed West Bank, where people armed and ready to defend themselves have long been wary of potential attacks from Palestinians. The wave of fear driving the interest in self-defense is happening in the heart of Israel, where the shocking recent escalation of stabbing attacks by Arab men and women who live and work among Israeli Jews has citizens worrying about where and when the next random attack may occur.

"There's no doubt that recent events show that every citizen is now a potential target for shooting or stabbing and that's why I have applied for a license to own a pistol," Dotan Cohen, a 40-year-old accountant who lives near Gan Shmuel, where a recent attack occurred, told FoxNews.com. "When I spoke to the local council this morning about my application, they told me they are overwhelmed with the number of people seeking to receive a license to carry a gun."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/21/guns-mace-krav-maga-israelis-embrace-self-defense-amid-stabbing-wave/?intcmp=hpbt2

A majority of Americans believe that an increased number of concealed carriers would make the nation safer, according to findings by Gallup.

The survey found that 56 percent of voters feel that if more Americans were allowed to carry concealed weapons after passing background checks, then the US would be more protected.

By contrast, 41 percent disagree and believe they would be less safe with more concealed carriers, while 3 percent have no opinion.

http://www.infowars.com/majority-of-americans-say-more-concealed-weapons-will-make-them-safer/

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked