Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Save Lives (Part 2)

F3SS

@ Sweetpumper

Dude it's hard to type your name without laughing lol,anyway i would bet that the 41% are wailing progressives demanding more control...Well when one applies for a cc permit that is one form of registration,i have never met ANYONE with a ccp that didnt have a gun.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the rear view selfie. But it's a good avatar nonetheless.

So do we know which bridge the other thread jumped off, maybe it just got wet and needs help drying out?

Edited by Flashbangwallop

A really high one with really shallow water beneath.

I won't call him by name either Crimson. I told him that a long time ago. It's just something I can't say to another man.

• Like 1

Knife-Wielding Masked Man Shot by Police After Stabbing Four People at Swedish School, Killing Teacher

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (TheBlaze/AP) — A knife-wielding masked man stabbed four people Thursday at a school in southern Sweden, killing one teacher and seriously wounding two students and another teacher before being shot by police, authorities said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/22/knife-wielding-masked-man-shot-by-police-after-stabbing-four-people-at-swedish-school-killing-teacher/

In the terrible months since his 14-year-old son Davon was fatally shot for no apparent reason as he walked to a corner store in February, Christopher Ellis has thought a lot about guns — particularly their presence in his East Oakland community.

And while California’s lieutenant governor has proposed new gun control laws, Ellis sat down with KTVU-TV on Wednesday and declared that gun control makes no difference in his neighborhood.

“Most criminals in East Oakland, they don’t go to gun stores to buy guns,” Ellis told the station. “And the size of a magazine doesn’t really matter. When you’re a target, you’re a target.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/22/oakland-dad-lost-his-son-in-senseless-shooting-listen-to-his-message-on-gun-control-and-key-to-preventing-gun-violence/

They might not go to the gun store, but they buy the gun that was stolen from your home. Proper gun storage laws are proper gun control.

Numerous studies conducted by academic researchers and by the federal government have shown that criminals do not use legal markets to obtain guns. And now we have more evidence of this reality, this time looking at criminals in Chicago.

Philip J. Cook, Susan T. Parker, and Harold A. Pollack conducted interviews with criminals being held in the Cook County Jail. Their primary findings were that criminals get guns from their “social network,” i.e. friends and persons known to them, but generally not from the various legal sources available to them.

They do not buy guns in gun stores. They do not get guns at gun shows. They do not buy them from Internet sources. The study even found that criminals only rarely steal guns.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/05/shocking-study-criminals-generally-dont-buy-guns-legally-at-gun-shops/

guns stolen from homes another antigunner lie,

• Like 2

Numerous studies conducted by academic researchers and by the federal government have shown that criminals do not use legal markets to obtain guns.

God, it's just so stupid that that has to be said.

Numerous studies conducted by academic researchers and by the federal government have shown that criminals do not use legal markets to obtain guns. And now we have more evidence of this reality, this time looking at criminals in Chicago.

Philip J. Cook, Susan T. Parker, and Harold A. Pollack conducted interviews with criminals being held in the Cook County Jail. Their primary findings were that criminals get guns from their “social network,” i.e. friends and persons known to them, but generally not from the various legal sources available to them.

They do not buy guns in gun stores. They do not get guns at gun shows. They do not buy them from Internet sources. The study even found that criminals only rarely steal guns.

http://hotair.com/ar...y-at-gun-shops/

guns stolen from homes another antigunner lie,

If criminals don't do that, then where is the entry point of those weapons into the criminal system? This study, which is unfortunately not quoted, doesn't refer to that at all. There are many ways a legal firearm can become an illegal on - theft is one of them, and you simply can't deny that.

Bureau of Justice Statistics says: "About 1.4 million firearms were stolen during household burglaries and other property crimes over the six-year period from 2005 through 2010, according to a report released today by the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). This number represents an estimated average of 232,400 firearms stolen each year— about 172,000 stolen during burglaries and 60,300 stolen during other property crimes."

Edit: Found the study

Edited by FLOMBIE

Concealed Carry Holder Helps Officers Catch Alleged Burglar — but One Cop’s Unusual Tactic Is What Left the Suspect Most Surprised

“There’s a lot of publicity about people who are armed and things go wrong,” Baldwin said. “This guy secured the scene until we got here. He had no interest in hurting the burglar or bringing harm to him. He did exactly what he needed to do.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/22/concealed-carry-holder-helps-officers-catch-alleged-burglar-but-one-cops-unusual-tactic-is-what-left-this-suspect-most-surprised/

• Like 1

the biggest lesson from this story is not really about a gun, but about people taking their own defence\security into their hands, if they did not, the guy may have very well gotten away and rob again. some people have balls to stand up for themselves, other hide, than blame everyone around, when they get robbed.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Well I suppose that since 61% of gun related deaths in the USA are reportedly due to suicide, we don't have much of a problem since the owners of guns are more likely to kill themselves instead of others.

The grand total is 30,000+ per year and rising! That's the population of a small town in Britain. But like I didn't say: Only the living took part in the polls and the guns didn't have anything to say but BANG!

The reason so many are in favour of guns is they think they can protect themselves by having one. I wouldn't wonder there are Cities in America which sound like the fourth of July every night.

The reason so many are in favour of guns is they think they can protect themselves by having one. I wouldn't wonder there are Cities in America which sound like the fourth of July every night.

Yeah, places like Chicago, Washington, Baltimore, New Orleans...all progressive paragons of gun-control.

And, by the way, I do think I can protect myself by owning and carrying a firearm. But, in the chance that I fail to do so, at least I'm reassured that I have the ability and the right to exercise self-defense.

• Like 2

Thorvir if I come over I look to you to be my body guard and we could tour those places you talk about, okay?

Thorvir if I come over I look to you to be my body guard and we could tour those places you talk about, okay?

I'd rather not tour those places at all, sadly, I've been to several of them, usually because I had no choice (business trips with my wife).

If you do go, aside from trying to be sarcastic, please be extremely careful. They're not safe places and you're not allowed to defend yourself.

NORTH FORT WORTH, Texas --Police say a Texas homeowner opened fire on two burglars suspected of breaking into his car early Monday, reports CBS DFW.

Police were called to a home in North Fort Worth around 3:20 a.m. Monday after a woman called saying her husband had shot a burglar, reports the Dallas Morning News.

Police say the armed homeowner began firing at two suspects, and one was struck and wounded. The alleged burglars fled with a third suspect, and police arrested them about 10 minutes later at a nearby gas station.

The wounded suspect was taken to a hospital, and the two others were arrested.

There's no word if the homeowner will face any charges, reports the station.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-texas-homeowner-opened-fire-on-car-burglars/

I don't know... safety... pffft.

I've lived in forests in city area for eight months now, not the best parts of the city, but still peaceful. But thanks to that I've experienced the safety in a new way. It's not gonna matter how much guns and what kind of guns you got, and what kind of security systems you got, if someone wants to kill you. Because they'll do it anyway, one way or the other.

By hand.

By knife.

By poison, through needle or to your food or drink, in kitchen or dinner table or a pin on your chair when you sit down. Haha funny prank.

By gun.

By car, drive over you.

Heck, they might even set up an accident for you, like cut the brake lines from your car or otherwise tamper with it. Or even use explosives. Or heavy artillery if they have access to it, some gangs and mobs do.

And they can always hire somebody and remain hidden while the hired gun takes the risks and potential time in prison.

What exactly do you think a firearm is gonna help anyone with if someone who got enough brains to control their temper, wants someone dead dead and acts on it? Firearm's not gonna do much good then.

But it's good to prevent mass shootings done out of whim by those who have access to firearms anyhow, because some people always have access to them. That why permission to carry firearms is a good thing until humanity becomes so enlightened we don't need firearms because people don't go to killing sprees.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked