Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Save Lives (Part 2)

F3SS

love this part.

Obtaining a working firearm and ammunition in Germany, Britain, Denmark and the Netherlands is practically impossible for the average citizen. Germany, for instance, requires a psychological evaluation, the purchase of liability insurance and verifiable compliance with strict firearms storage and safety rules. And self-defense is not even a valid reason to purchase a gun in these countries.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/islamic-invasion-pulls-trigger-europeans-scramble-for-guns/#dhFt0wzCT76r0YkE.99

Good for Dominos for not having a PC freak out and firing the guy. They actually in a way defended what happened in an objective manner. Because really, how can one rationally argue against the circumstance?

• Like 1

Good for Dominos for not having a PC freak out and firing the guy. They actually in a way defended what happened in an objective manner. Because really, how can one rationally argue against the circumstance?

One can't. But that won't stop some people from doing it anyway.

So, one of my neighbors (less then 1/2 mile away) told my brother in law that his dog got eaten by a Cougar. He saw it happen just yards away. So, now I potentially have a dog eating cougar right on my 5 acres at any time day or night.

Is that a good reason to carry a gun? Will my gun, if my 4 year old gets attacked, save his life?

Hopefully, I'll never have to find out.

But what I do also know is that 5 miles away is a small town that is about 50% poor. Crime isn't unknown there. So, are not those human "cougars", also not a threat that I should carry a gun on my own land? What if my neighbor was killed by burgers? Is that not a good reason? What if 5 dogs, or 5 neighbors had been killed?

Guns can protect, as well as harm.

• Like 3

Man if your neighbor was killed by burgers, damn that's crazy. Lol, sorry but that was a funny spelling error.

• Like 2

Man if your neighbor was killed by burgers, damn that's crazy. Lol, sorry but that was a funny spelling error.

Man you beat me to that one lol,but to many burgers can kill... :lol:

• Like 1

Yea couldn't pass that up. I feel shtty though because I meant to add how horrible that would be to see your dog eaten by another animal..

HA HA HA.....

Autocheck didn't find that one....

• Like 2

Man you beat me to that one lol,but to many burgers can kill... :lol:

Then we should move to ban burgers...

Masked Man Enters Chicago Corner Store, Points Gun at Employee and Announces Robbery. But Customer With Concealed Carry License Has Final Word.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/01/man-pulls-out-gun-in-chicago-corner-store-announces-robbery-and-points-it-at-employee-but-customer-with-concealed-carry-license-has-final-word/

• Like 2

That's the one thing here where we got strict gun laws, I've been close to some situations that could had been ended up bad, they didn't though. And had a noisy psycho repo man visiting my neighbor too often when I still lived indoors. And I pretty much know that most people who beat the less legal side of life can access guns as long as they got a month's rent to spend, that isn't comforting. Knifes or other melee weapons or knowing krav maga don't help much when you got an armed person against you. Or well, the risk is pretty nasty.

People who are for gun prohibition, what should all the people who feel unsafe in the countries with strict gun laws, do?

• Like 1

Homicide Rates Cut In Half Over Past 20 Years (While New Gun Ownership Soared)

The murder rate in the US is currently similar to 1950s levels

The Pew Research Center reported last week that the murder rate was cut nearly in half from 7 per 100,000 in 1993 to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2013. Over the same period, overall gun deaths (including accidents and suicides) have fallen by one-third from 15.2 to 10.6 per 100,000.

In spite of this, Pew reports, the American public believes that homicides and gun deaths are increasing in the United States.Those who think violence is getting worse should probably watch less television and look around them instead. The murder rate in the US is currently similar to 1950s levels.

http://www.infowars.com/homicide-rates-cut-in-half-over-past-20-years-while-new-gun-ownership-soared/

• Like 3

That's the one thing here where we got strict gun laws, I've been close to some situations that could had been ended up bad, they didn't though. And had a noisy psycho repo man visiting my neighbor too often when I still lived indoors. And I pretty much know that most people who beat the less legal side of life can access guns as long as they got a month's rent to spend, that isn't comforting. Knifes or other melee weapons or knowing krav maga don't help much when you got an armed person against you. Or well, the risk is pretty nasty.

People who are for gun prohibition, what should all the people who feel unsafe in the countries with strict gun laws, do?

Call the police. They'll show up after you've been shot.

• Like 2

i have seen, and know personally people that were antigunners, untill they got assaulted and robed, now they are nra members and gun owners, i have yet to see or know a person who turned antigun. i wonder if anyone has personal knowledge of such people

i have seen, and know personally people that were antigunners, untill they got assaulted and robed, now they are nra members and gun owners, i have yet to see or know a person who turned antigun. i wonder if anyone has personal knowledge of such people

I thought the former Secret Service guy, Brady, was the posterboy for that kind of change? He even had the Brady Bill named after him.

I do agree that many who are sheltered, and then have their delusions shattered can become very strong gun advocates.

It also cracks me up that most of the Celebrity Elite who pronounce anti-gun propaganda also usually employ heavily armed bodyguards to keep them safe in public.

• Like 2

Homicide Rates Cut In Half Over Past 20 Years (While New Gun Ownership Soared)

The murder rate in the US is currently similar to 1950s levels

The Pew Research Center reported last week that the murder rate was cut nearly in half from 7 per 100,000 in 1993 to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2013. Over the same period, overall gun deaths (including accidents and suicides) have fallen by one-third from 15.2 to 10.6 per 100,000.

In spite of this, Pew reports, the American public believes that homicides and gun deaths are increasing in the United States.Those who think violence is getting worse should probably watch less television and look around them instead. The murder rate in the US is currently similar to 1950s levels.

http://www.infowars....nership-soared/

Doubtless Anti-gun people will say that the drop is due to the anti-gun information being spread around, which more then counters the increase in guns, and if we only just get rid of guns, the numbers will drop to zero. This is a fun fantasy to maintain, but statistics of many states with high gun ownership show that violent crime correlates going down as gun ownership goes up.

The only way liberals can block this truth is by stripping away all the other more meaningful variables and then taking nationwide gun ownership and nationwide violent crime and trying to force a round peg into a square hole. It can be done, it just means ignoring the five or six much more influential variables.

• Like 3

The only way liberals can block this truth is by stripping away all the other more meaningful variables and then taking nationwide gun ownership and nationwide violent crime and trying to force a round peg into a square hole. It can be done, it just means ignoring the five or six much more influential variables.

that is why we can't afford to sit quietly, and let them do that. nra is one way to fight them

that is why we can't afford to sit quietly, and let them do that. nra is one way to fight them

I think the NRA does serve a good purpose, even if they fight every single bit of legislation. Even if they fight the complete common sense, "This should have been done 100 years ago" kind of thing. Because... Some should always represent the other side in Every discussion... especially in legal actions. Without fighting every single case, who knows what would eventually become palatable? If say the NRA didn't fight extending a wait period from 14 days to 15 days (just as an imaginary example), then the next year not fighting moving that to 16 days, and then 18 days, and then 20... 22... 25... It gets easy to not fight small changes, and thus, over time allow for Big changes. Anti-Gun people love making a big deal of small changes and the NRA fighting against "common sense", but it is clear that the Anti-Gun people plan to keep moving forward, and not to settle, so the NRA does serve to keep this kind of long term plan in check.

I'm not saying the NRA should win every case, but I do think that the fact that someone is fighting is wonderful.

Armed Homeowner Shoots Alleged Home Intruder in the Groin

http://www.theblaze....r-in-the-groin/

I bet he doesn't have the balls to try that again.

I like how they put the scum-bag's picture in the article. :tu:

All scum like this guy should be made a public spectacle. Unless that was their aim in shooting someone, in which case they should just quietly be sent to prison.

I think the NRA does serve a good purpose, even if they fight every single bit of legislation. Even if they fight the complete common sense, "This should have been done 100 years ago" kind of thing. Because... Some should always represent the other side in Every discussion... especially in legal actions. Without fighting every single case, who knows what would eventually become palatable? If say the NRA didn't fight extending a wait period from 14 days to 15 days (just as an imaginary example), then the next year not fighting moving that to 16 days, and then 18 days, and then 20... 22... 25... It gets easy to not fight small changes, and thus, over time allow for Big changes. Anti-Gun people love making a big deal of small changes and the NRA fighting against "common sense", but it is clear that the Anti-Gun people plan to keep moving forward, and not to settle, so the NRA does serve to keep this kind of long term plan in check.

I'm not saying the NRA should win every case, but I do think that the fact that someone is fighting is wonderful.

they are not fighting common sense, but political machine, there, you do not give an inch, or you lose a mile. where small peices of legestlations written in unrelated bills. and half hidden, i think they know how to do thing in that enviromet better than anyone of us here. what we see and think is very different from how things work in DC.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked