Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Save Lives (Part 2)

F3SS

i have seen, and know personally people that were antigunners, untill they got assaulted and robed, now they are nra members and gun owners, i have yet to see or know a person who turned antigun. i wonder if anyone has personal knowledge of such people

My grandfather committed suicide with a gun. I'm not wild about them.

To an extent, yes. I was ambivalent about them before, but now I don't buy into the idea that every household should own one.

so you think if a gun was not present in your grandfather's house he would not commit suicide. my best friend father hang himself, even thou there were plenty of guns in his hose.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

To an extent, yes. I was ambivalent about them before, but now I don't buy into the idea that every household should own one.

I'm sorry for you loss.

BUT...that's not representative of a gun problem, it was your grandfather's problem. The gun was irrelevant. If he wanted to kill himself, he would have found a way to do it. Don't blame guns for his suicide, blame him and/or the circumstances that forced him into that horrible choice.

So when did I say I blame the gun? I am thoroughly aware of whose fault it was and that he might have chosen a different method. I was simply responding to Aztek's post # 92. What I am saying is that a handgun will forever be tied to a hurtful event in my life, and I can't look at it in any other way. I will never own a handgun because of that memory. If others want to own one, that's fine for them.

• Like 2

So when did I say I blame the gun? I am thoroughly aware of whose fault it was and that he might have chosen a different method. I was simply responding to Aztek's post # 92. What I am saying is that a handgun will forever be tied to a hurtful event in my life, and I can't look at it in any other way. I will never own a handgun because of that memory.

In that case, I apologize. However, in the larger issue of this subject (and this thread), it read as if you were against guns--why else would you bring guns up in such a negative context? Now, if you want to be against that one specific gun that was used in your tragic event, I'll understand that even more. But, regardless, you have my sympathies and I seriously hope that you are never in a situation where a gun is required and hope that you and yours are safe for the rest of your lives.

If others want to own one, that's fine for them.

To each their own, no one is forcing you to have a gun, either.

So when did I say I blame the gun? I am thoroughly aware of whose fault it was and that he might have chosen a different method. I was simply responding to Aztek's post # 92. What I am saying is that a handgun will forever be tied to a hurtful event in my life, and I can't look at it in any other way. I will never own a handgun because of that memory. If others want to own one, that's fine for them.

well i'm sorry for your loss, but you never had a strong opinion about guns before, you were in between if i read you right, so it is understandable you feel that way, my friend has naver laughed at hanging jokes since that day, and when i'm with him i make sure i do not tell such joke or anything related to hanging,

however i think, i may be wrong, but if you or someone in your family used a gun for protection, and shot someone that was about to hurt them, your opinion would swing the other way.

• Like 1

A gun makes it too easy, to commit suicide, to end an argument, to get revenge, to intimidate, to have a fatal accident cleaning the darn thing, not to mention getting in the hands of the wrong person or children. I understand the argument of the right to defend yourself, I know people and have friends that have guns, but the proliferation of guns right now make killing easy, it's become part of our culture, our culture has turned more violent for a multitude of reasons I imagine, I know statistics say violent crime is down, but that depends on where you live, statistics for the town I used to live near for 50 yrs. Youngstown, Ohio show that there violent crime has increased and it's just the 10th most violent city in the state, can't all move to rural US. I can only speak to what I see around me not what the statistics are in NYC etc. That doesn't mean I can't want gun control, guns come in from rural areas like gun shows in Kentucky and across the US.

That doesn't mean I can't want gun control, guns come in from rural areas like gun shows in Kentucky and across the US.

B.S.

gun show myth has been debunked long time ago. gun show dealers are reqired to run Background check, and private sale B.S. was also debunked. unless the gun was never regestered, any private sale will want to do it, via dealer transfer , again with background check. you woudl not sell your car and leave it regestered to your name, would you? so why woudl you do it with a gun, you wont, another antigunner's myth

well I assume they're sold privately afterwards.

"A late 20th century report by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) commissioned by then-president Bill Clinton stated that transactions and sales of firearms by private U.S. citizens contribute to illegal activities. Since the mid-1990s, gun control advocates have voiced concern over the perceived loophole in legislation, and campaigned to require background checks and recordkeeping for all gun sales. Contrarily, gun rightsadvocates have stated the laws function as intended, and no loophole exists. They have contended that required background checks and recordkeeping for private sales of firearms endanger Second Amendment rights, and exceed the government’s authority, regardless of the venue."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

the only reason i don't believe in guns is most of the deaths today are kids young average kids who did not deserve to die. the most common place for a shooting spree is still and now at schools All the way from 18 century to now in 2015. In my opinion civilians should not have guns. we have police officers for a reason.

In my opinion civilians should not have guns. we have police officers for a reason.

Thankfully, your opinion isn't national policy.

You realize that police can't arrive instantaneously to a crime, right? Do you expect the criminals not to kill anyone until the police are there to give them a chance to stop it?

Naive...

I just noticed your phrase "Waiting doesn't accomplish anything, actions do." I'm wondering how that jives with letting people get harmed because they've been unarmed in your world and have to wait for the police to arrive to save them.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

I thought that ironic aswell Thorvir... :tu:

• Like 1

Cops are evil racists...

You don't need guns because we have cops...

Take your pick cuz you can't have it both ways.

• Like 2

I thought that ironic aswell Thorvir... :tu:

Let's see how it takes until he changes it and claims it was never there...

I should take a screenshot.

• Like 2

Cops are evil racists...

You don't need guns because we have cops...

Take your pick cuz you can't have it both ways.

Another twisted tale of irony...

Guns help and solve nothing!

Yet the moment something goes wrong the first people they want around are the guys and gals with guns!...

But they are trained for such and such we hear,well so are many others cops are not blessed with magic powers!

• Like 1

well I assume they're sold privately afterwards.

i'm sure some do, but they are commiting crimes. (straw purchase, a felony) that is against the law. wanna make another law about it? they'll brake that one too.

there are guns that are sold with no bc, those guns are not regestered, never were, and no one knows they exist, so how can clinton antigun movment know how many are sold?? they do not, more lies. and there is no way in hell any form of gun controil can do anything about them

Edited by aztek

Young Mom Shot in Home Invasion Fires Back, Protects Baby

A young mom was shot twice during a home invasion this week, but heroically defended her life and her infant with her husband's gun.

Semantha Bunce, a 21-year-old combat medic with the National Guard, was feeding her 4-month-old son, Bentley, when the nightmare began.

Bunce’s husband was at work and their daughter at school when the attackers kicked down the door of the North Carolina home.

Bunce frantically rushed the baby up to the bedroom and grabbed her husband’s legally-owned pistol.

“I think it was a shock to the intruders just as much as it was to her,” Paul Bunce, her husband, told WSOC-TV.

She exchanged fire with the intruders, chasing them off, but was seriously wounded.

Bunce remains in the hospital but is in stable condition, reports WCNC. Family members say she will need at least one more surgery.

The rest is here

bunce.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

I guess people should just lie down on the floor and let anyone who comes into their house to put bullets into their back? It is complete naivety that breeds people to think that guns cause more death then they save. The lady in the article a couple posts ago saved herself and her child. That is two people NOT dead, when from the article, if she did not have that gun, she'd be dead and probably the baby too.

• Like 6

Young Mom Shot in Home Invasion Fires Back, Protects Baby

A young mom was shot twice during a home invasion this week, but heroically defended her life and her infant with her husband's gun.

Semantha Bunce, a 21-year-old combat medic with the National Guard, was feeding her 4-month-old son, Bentley, when the nightmare began.

Bunce’s husband was at work and their daughter at school when the attackers kicked down the door of the North Carolina home.

Bunce frantically rushed the baby up to the bedroom and grabbed her husband’s legally-owned pistol.

“I think it was a shock to the intruders just as much as it was to her,” Paul Bunce, her husband, told WSOC-TV.

She exchanged fire with the intruders, chasing them off, but was seriously wounded.

Bunce remains in the hospital but is in stable condition, reports WCNC. Family members say she will need at least one more surgery.

The rest is here

bunce.jpg

how horrible of her, she clearly should of called the police, who is she to take her safety into her own hands :innocent: ha

but in reality good thing she had a gun to defend her family

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

It is complete naivety that breeds people to think that guns cause more death then they save.

Really? We have lots of accidental shootings, they are less than the people who have supposedly been saved?

The lady in the article a couple posts ago saved herself and her child. That is two people NOT dead, when from the article, if she did not have that gun, she'd be dead and probably the baby too.

I didn't see anything in the article that said she and her baby would likely be dead if she didn't have a gun, and I'd guess most home invasions are for the purposes of burglary, not murder. And when comparing to accidental shootings as I mentioned above, keep in mind that there isn't much interpretation or guesswork involved in tallying those up, unlike, "this person had a gun and fended off an armed crime, so I'll assume they would have been killed if they didn't have a gun".

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked