Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Midnight In The Desert

Paranormal Panther

Does anybody else listen to Art Bell's new show? I try to catch every episode. Art Bell is like the Johnny Carson or Walter Cronkite of paranormal programs. He's the gold standard.

Art Bell is interviewing Barry Taff tonight. I think that he is one of the best experts on ghosts and hauntings. "The Entity" is based on one of his investigations. I think that's right.

Does anybody else listen to Art Bell's new show? I try to catch every episode. Art Bell is like the Johnny Carson or Walter Cronkite of paranormal programs. He's the gold standard.

Nop. I wish I could but it's just not convenient for me. The live streaming is in the middle of the night here and the Show Archive is like 9$/month which I am not eager to pay for. I like Art Bell but there are other paranormal shows out there that offer some good quality podcasts free of charge to keep myself busy.

Edited by Sam.
  • Like 1

Nop. I wish I could but it's just not convenient for me. The live streaming is in the middle of the night here and the Show Archive is like 9$/month which I am not eager to pay for. I like Art Bell but there are other paranormal shows out there that offer some good quality podcasts free of charge to keep myself busy.

I hope that more terrestrial stations add the show to their lineups. Maybe they could work out a deal to play reruns of the original broadcasts at a convenient time for you.

• 1 month later...

Or Art could put his podcast on iTunes and let a wider audience get a few of the shows for free the way a number of others do. I'm thinking of Jim Harold's Paranormal Report and Greg Carlwood's The Higherside Chats. Higherside is out there. Love it!

• Like 1

Or Art could put his podcast on iTunes and let a wider audience get a few of the shows for free the way a number of others do. I'm thinking of Jim Harold's Paranormal Report and Greg Carlwood's The Higherside Chats. Higherside is out there. Love it!

A growing number of AM stations are adding the show to their playlists. Maybe Art will make a good situation better by using your idea. You can listen to the live shows for free via two streaming players on his website. The only problem is that the days and the times may not be ideal for many people, so you have to pay a fee to access the archive of past shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Art Bell running from shadows again. I really don't know what to think about this.

He has retired again citing attempts on his life and someone threatening him to get off the air. Here is what I found on the Nye County sheriff facebook page.

Nye County Sheriff's Office

17 mins ·

PRESS RELEASE:

On 12/09/2015 at approximately 2006 NCSO Dispatch received a 911 call from the wife of Art Bell reporting that he was out walking on the property and he had called her from his cell phone to tell her someone had shot at him and then he stopped responding.

NCSO Deputies responded and checked the area. Art Bell was located laying on the ground of his property with no injuries. He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a firework or gunshot.

Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots. Deputies maintained extra patrol in the area over the remainder of the week however nothing was discovered. At this point the investigation is closed unless further information is discovered.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

Art Bell running from shadows again. I really don't know what to think about this.

He has retired again citing attempts on his life and someone threatening him to get off the air. Here is what I found on the Nye County sheriff facebook page.

Nye County Sheriff's Office

17 mins ·

PRESS RELEASE:

On 12/09/2015 at approximately 2006 NCSO Dispatch received a 911 call from the wife of Art Bell reporting that he was out walking on the property and he had called her from his cell phone to tell her someone had shot at him and then he stopped responding.

NCSO Deputies responded and checked the area. Art Bell was located laying on the ground of his property with no injuries. He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a firework or gunshot.

Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots. Deputies maintained extra patrol in the area over the remainder of the week however nothing was discovered. At this point the investigation is closed unless further information is discovered.

Thanks for the information. I'm disappointed, and I'll leave it at that. I'm not shocked or surprised, though. I expected them to move back to the Philippines due to the (according to Art Bell) threat of World War III.

It was fun while it lasted. I enjoyed some of his guests and shows, but there were a few unappealing ones. Many of his fans were saddened by his zillionth retirement. I wasn't.

Too bad. I got an interest in the paranormal late in life and have never had the pleasure (or displeasure) of listening to Art Bell.

Too bad. I got an interest in the paranormal late in life and have never had the pleasure (or displeasure) of listening to Art Bell.

I first found him right before his "first" retirement I guess back in the 90's probably mid 90's. I think those shows before and right after that retirement are the best. You cannot beat his ghost to ghost shows. I have never really believed much of what I hear but he never claims its true. Since then, listening to reruns and his new shows, I now suspect mostly actors. I know people will disagree, but some of his old guests who he still brings back are not very credible and have sketchy backgrounds at best. Maybe I have grown more cynical and no longer want to suspend my disbelief enough, but I have not really enjoyed his new shows very much. seems too much religion and silliness. Maybe it has always been that way, but like I said, perhaps it's me that has changed. I think it is silly to think the government would ever want to shut him up. He has never been a threat to government secrets but I think he wants people to think that. Perhaps nobody is after him or perhaps one of the crazies he attracts is stalking him, but it is not anyone of any power. I noticed on his facebook page lots of posters praising him for his work exposing government so to speak, but he has really never done that. Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

I am also disappointed about Art’s announcement. I’m re-listening to his interview with David Paulides now; the show was great while it lasted!

I think that some old shows are on You Tube. You can find other programs by searching for them.

I am also disappointed about Art’s announcement. I’m re-listening to his interview with David Paulides now; the show was great while it lasted!

I'm disappointed in more ways than one. On the bright side, he's definitely not the only game in town in 2015.

youtube has some and this site plays old shows for free too http://www.u7radio.org/

U7 might be the best site for old shows. You can find links to private streams on Bell Gab too.