Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Researchers discovered alien megastructure?

seeder

1 hour ago, Adampadum123 said:

My problem is governments and NASA have a history of lies and disinformation they cover up they play things down there devious.and I have no problem with astronomers  at all never said I did so I don't know we're you got that from lol.wierdo!

his announcement wasn't from or by NASA, it was from independent astronomers clueless one.  And just what has NASA lied to you about?   

Also I never mentioned aliens so I dunno what your going on about

You are disappointed that this isn't an alien megatsructure., no?

your entire message makes no sense.seems like your just some angry guy looking to bait someone into an argument.:)

What would be the point of  arguing with an ignorant child like you?

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Did you know the Earth is flat and hollow? 911 was actually an insurance scam using controlled explosions. Contrails? Pah! Chemtrails more like. There were no dinosaurs. We didn't land on the moon. They know about ancient and recent visitation by aliens. Mars rovers are in Canada.

Did I get them all?

Include the Illuminati, Atlantis, HAARP and CERN. Then add some zionism and you should have something that is good for all occasions.

BTW I sell rabbit holes if you need a few more.

But how deep are they ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

his announcement wasn't from or by NASA, it was from independent astronomers clueless one. 

You should know by now that in Conspiracy land NASA is responsible for anything space related.

10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Include the Illuminati, Atlantis, HAARP and CERN. Then add some zionism and you should have something that is good for all occasions.

But how deep are they ?

As deep as you need, just depends how much you have to spend. I also sell survival kits. Unfortunately these kits don't include a shovel or anything useful but they are expensive and in limited supply so there's that to consider.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You should know by now that in Conspiracy land NASA is responsible for anything space related.

If you rearrange NASA you get the ANSA.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

As deep as you need, just depends how much you have to spend. I also sell survival kits. Unfortunately these kits don't include a shovel or anything useful but they are expensive and in limited supply so there's that to consider.

Shut up and take my money  - Shut up and take my money   credit card template fry

If you rearrange NASA you get the ANSA.

Now you are thinking like a true conspiracy theorist.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

My problem is governments and NASA have a history of lies and disinformation they cover up they play things down there devious.

To echo Merc14, please do show where NASA has been lying - I know you cannot (hint: most of their work is not done by NASA, but independent research institutions). Please do educate yourself before making a fool out of yourself. At least please come across as an educated fool. 

<snip>

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

his announcement wasn't from or by NASA, it was from independent astronomers clueless one.  And just what has NASA lied to you about?   

You are disappointed that this isn't an alien megatsructure., no?

What would be the point of  arguing with an ignorant child like you?

Exactly. What is it with people's attitudes on here 

20 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

Yeah, there are totally people here with a different viewpoint than you. And they get to post those different viewpoints here like it's some kind of forum for discussion. What's up with that?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Yeah, there are totally people here with a different viewpoint than you. And they get to post those different viewpoints here like it's some kind of forum for discussion. What's up with that?

--Jaylemurph

How rude!

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

What attitude? That posters disagree with you?

• Like 2

On 08/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, Adampadum123 said:

As we aren’t, with one or two exceptions, farmers or in charge of a dairy, therefore we have no truck, nor reason to truck with, the male member of the bovid species.

• Like 1

I can not believe that only two days ago scientists have officially proposed dust clouds as explanation. How come it wasn't the first suspect, because of the theorized and partly observed environment which would not allow for dust cloud to sustain it self there?

I've most certainly missed a lot of info about this star then. LINK

On 07/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, Adampadum123 said:

My problem is governments and NASA have a history of lies and disinformation they cover up they play things down there devious.

The concept of NASA having a "history of lies" is an invention of conspiracy theorists.  It has simply gained traction due to the echo chamber of conspiracy websites.  NASA are not the only space agency out there.  They contract a huge amount of their work to universities and corporations.  They are very transparent and open with their data.

But for a variety of reasons, it's necessary for some conspiracists to label them as a bunch of liars who are involved in various conspiracies, cover-ups, lies etc.  But when you actually try and follow up any of the claims of NASA's supposed history if lying, you never get anywhere.  There's never anything solid behind the claims.

Can you give a really good example of NASA's "lies and disinformation" to illustrate your point?  I'm going to make a prediction that you either won't or whatever example you use will turn out to be devoid of factual basis.

• Like 3

On 7.10.2017 at 6:27 PM, Adampadum123 said:

Examples?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, toast said:

Examples?

The IRS

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

The IRS

What does that have to do with NASA?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badeskov said:

What does that have to do with NASA?

Belgian AstroLAB IRIS

Spelling mistake? Benefit of the fanciful doubt?

I just want to say that NO reputable scientist or organization ever claimed to know what this was.  The postulated and offered what-ifs and, IMHO, oped we were all educated enough to know that was what they were doing and would enjoy the fun until more data came in.  I think, for the most part, most of us got it and enjoyed indulging our fantasies while waiting for more inf to come in but we have our hard core ignorant that never seem to disappear 

My question is, is that ignorant coalition growing of shrinking?  We have just one here but maybe we have scared the rest away so is the world getting more informed and less susceptible to ignorance or have we insulated ourselves?

• Like 3

well "we suspect to be a large cloud of dust" is different than; we observed or we saw a large cloud of dust ! ...

9 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

well "we suspect to be a large cloud of dust" is different than; we observed or we saw a large cloud of dust ! ...

Yeah... but, that suspicion is based on a "smoking gun"...

A new study using NASA's Spitzer and Swift missions, as well as the Belgian AstroLAB IRIS observatory, suggests that the cause of the dimming over long periods is likely an uneven dust cloud moving around the star. This discounts the "alien megastructure" notion and other exotic speculations. 

The smoking gun: Researchers found less dimming in the infrared light from the star than in its ultraviolet light. Any object larger than dust particles would dim all wavelengths of light equally when passing in front of Tabby's Star. 

"This pretty much rules out the alien megastructure theory, as that could not explain the wavelength-dependent dimming," said Huan Meng, who did the research as part of a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Arizona. Meng, who graduated with a PhD from the UA's Lunar and Planetary Laboratory in 2014, is the lead author of the new study published in the Astrophysical Journal. "We suspect, instead, there is a cloud of dust orbiting the star with a roughly 700-day orbital period."

http://www.newsnation.in/science-news/aliens-megastructure-mystery-star-tabetha-boyajian-may-finally-be-settled-nasas-scientist-shocked-article-183932.html

So what is your contention with "the smoking gun"?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

You are truly one of a kind qx.   :rolleyes:

Edited by Merc14