Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeptic offers $1M in paranormal challenge

UM-Bot

With all the 'special' people on this site who claim they have powers, make website, try to teach others and yet an offer like this comes around they go all quiet - it makes you wonder if they live in a fantasy world. Since in reality they have all of these prizes for their powers but they seems to like to live in fantasy and continue to impress others from their computer. I even challenged a member here (won't name her) but she unfortunately has a cold. Interesting since it's summer here...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• Loge

• scipherel

• Shadowsleet

it makes you wonder if they live in a fantasy world

Since they don't come forward, it's quite likely they don't actually believe what they're saying in the first place tongue.gif

In life we have met many individuals who are loaded with money and full of problems: they are involved in lawsuits, overtaxed, etc.  They are not happy. sad.gif

What is the use of being rich if one does not have good health?  Wretched rich people!  Sometimes they are more unfortunate than any beggar. crying.gif

392898[/snapback]

It's not about being rich or happy, it's about proving to the entire wotld that these powers do infact exist. If you actually have these powers, but you claim you don't want the money, that's a lame excuse, because you could simply give the money to charity.

With all the 'special' people on this site who claim they have powers, make website, try to teach others and yet an offer like this comes around they go all quiet - it makes you wonder if they live in a fantasy world. Since in reality they have all of these prizes for their powers but they seems to like to live in fantasy and continue to impress others from their computer.  I even challenged a member here (won't name her) but she unfortunately has a cold. Interesting since it's summer here...

393914[/snapback]

It doesn't make you wonder, it makes you KNOW that they are in a fantasy world. Hey, lets get that 12 year old witch who claims she controls the weather to cash in on the prize and give it all to us!

You people have no idea.

Most people claiming to have powers will not want to be tested because: they will be in front of a large crowd of people judging them which will make them nervous and this alone will probably make their abilities fail. The moron 70 year old fool will just call them a liar, a fake, a loser whether they make their abilities work or not. The million is just a way of getting the psychics there so that single-minded idiot can ridicule them and he can be in the limelight before the end of his life.

All you "non-beleivers" out there should really research the subject before you go pointing the finger. Try it out yourself then if it doesn't work then maybe you can call us liars until then stop.

Research shows that most of the people who claim th have powers have a higher IQ than most Americans so dont call them idiots or that they haven't passed 9th grade science because chances are they are more intelligent than you are.

"It doesn't make you wonder, it makes you KNOW that they are in a fantasy world. Hey, lets get that 12 year old witch who claims she controls the weather to cash in on the prize and give it all to us!"

Maybe instead of taking the p*** you should be a real skeptic and try it out for yourself, research it again and again, get some real proof that it doesn't exist and tell us all.

mad.gif

Most people claiming to have powers will not want to be tested because: they will be in front of a large crowd of people judging them which will make them nervous and this alone will probably make their abilities fail. The moron 70 year old fool will just call them a liar, a fake, a loser whether they make their abilities work or not. The million is just a way of getting the psychics there so that single-minded idiot can ridicule them and he can be in the limelight before the end of his life.

If someone truly believe they have a psychic ability then surely they would want the whole world to know about it and prove the sceptics wrong. Regardless if there was a big crowd or not if these psychic abilities are there and this person is gifted then there would not be a problem with showing it. Crikey these 'psychics' are on television all the time anyway so whats the difference? I can think of several two being:

1 )that the people watching them in the first place are believers anyway and its so much easier to perform.

2) they are afraid of being tested in a scientific surrounding because in reality they do not possess what they say they do and this will prove it.

What you have written above is just an excuse and something that I have heard many times by apparently gifted psychics.

These tests would be done under certain conditions where I doubt very much there would be a large crowd.

I say again, If these 'gifts' were genuine then science would have to change its views and isn't this what these people want? So why does this not happen? People have had many chances to prove the sceptics otherwise and haven't. Yet Science has proved these 'gifted' people wrong time and time again...makes one think doesn't it. wink2.gif

All you "non-beleivers" out there should really research the subject before you go pointing the finger. Try it out yourself then if it doesn't work then maybe you can call us liars until then stop.

Research has shown that there is no evidence and no proof that these abilities are genuine. Oh and no-one is shouting liar on here.

Research shows that most of the people who claim th have powers have a higher IQ than most Americans so dont call them idiots or that they haven't passed 9th grade science because chances are they are more intelligent than you are.

Where have you seen these findings? This research? Can you paste a link so I can take a look? Oh and no-one is calling them idiots either on this thread...You are seeing what you want to see which appears to be very much like psychic abilities.

Edited by Lottie

You people have no idea.

394077[/snapback]

What Lottie said with a cherry on top.

You're calling a 70 year old millionaire both a moron and a fool? Get a bloody clue.

Maybe instead of taking the p*** you should be a real skeptic and try it out for yourself, research it again and again, get some real proof that it doesn't exist and tell us all.

Conventionally the idea is for proof to be presented that supports the existence of something, not the other way around.

Can you get proof that there is not an invisible elephant standing outside your house at this very moment ? Imagine someone is trying to convince you that there is - can you prove to him that there isn't ?

I will give One Dollar to any one that can show me what color the mind is! tongue.gif

Depending on how long it's been out of the human body, it'll either be red, and very rich in blood, or it'll have dried out to a slight, fleshy pink tongue.gif

Can I get my dollar now? grin2.gif

Depending on how long it's been out of the human body, it'll either be red, and very rich in blood, or it'll have dried out to a slight, fleshy pink tongue.gif

Can I get my dollar now? grin2.gif

394304[/snapback]

Nice try boy, but you are wrong! thumbdown.gif

However, I have to admit that your thoughts are bloody red! devil.gif

The human mind has no color: it is merely the organized conscious and unconscious mental activity of a person. The human brain is just what Shadowsleet described.

The human mind has no color: it is merely the organized conscious and unconscious mental activity of a person.  The human brain is just what Shadowsleet described.

394440[/snapback]

Nice try boy, but you are wrong too! thumbdown.gif

However, I have to admit that sometimes your thoughts have no color: together they form a disorganized unconscious chaos! w00t.gif

I'm just waiting to see what relevance the color of the mind has with the topic of this thread. Okay, Loge, you've had two people give it a shot. Time to give up the answer before even more more people start goofing on you.

To those who cry that "proving" abilities for a $1 million "reward" would be "whoring" their talents, there is a fantastically simple solution to this.....

*shock horror*

DON'T ACCEPT THE MONEY!

Or..... if that's too radical an idea.....

GIVE IT TO CHARITY!

Then not only would you be providing the sceptics the "proof" they require and once and for all ending the argument that it's all fake or psychological, but you would be giving something to people who need help thus returning the thanks to "spirit" for your so-called "gift".

*watches to see the "genuine" psychics line up for this idea*

Oh the silence is deafening.

Edited by BabyCakes

Then not only would you be providing the sceptics the "proof" they require and once and for all ending the argument that it's all fake or psychological

Hehe...trust me, it won't end there. It may just make some people believe in Psi is all...

I will give One Dollar to any one that can show me what color the mind is! tongue.gif

394292[/snapback]

Are you trying to state the fact of what color the mind really is?

Or having us telepathically find out what YOUR mind color is..

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE

Let me tell you:

If you convince one skeptical, this one will bring 10 more skeptical, then you have to convince 10 skeptical; once you convince all of them, each one of them will bring 10 more skeptical, and so on.

So, I have a better idea; let all skeptical develop their inner ultra sensorial capacities and give the million dollars to charity and the problem is resolved! thumbsup.gif

Here's another idea. Go in. Prove your psychic abilty. Give it to charity or buy yourself a condo. Get some big, strong men in dark suits and sunglasses to tell people knocking on your door to shove off.

Loge, are you going anywhere with the brain thing or are you just doing your irrelevant, rhetorical schtick?

Wow, from a semi-neutral position I can see where you all stand on this topic.

Pros and Cons

I agree with BabyCakes on who should recieve the money, for those who do not wish to accept it. However, I also agree with the one who sort of spoke about "stage-fright".

It's like going on stage and performing and act. You get stage-fright and your act goes down the drain like your reputation.

Solution

Have it done in a place where stage-fright won't be a problem. And make sure you are very capable of your ability. Practice makes perfect.

It's been done in one way or another

These "performances" have already been done in the past. From what I've read in amazingabilities.com and from various articles on the net.

Then again there are those who say "don't believe everything you read on the internet" In reality there is something in our world that is beyond our materialistic perspective.

Certainly Einstein understood this, he did believe in God and being a "genius" he still did.

However, I also agree with the one who sort of spoke about "stage-fright".

It's like going on stage and performing and act. You get stage-fright and your act goes down the drain like your reputation.

ALL of these psychics have stagefright? Not one of them feels like going to try and get the 1 mil?

The psychics don't have stagefright. They get on stage for a living and pretend to have special powers. The only thing they're frightened of is being exposed as the frauds that they are.

It's hilarious how these people are getting fat and rich on claims that have no basis whatsover. Charlatans, frauds, that's what these people. In all honesty they are no better than criminals.

If someone truly believe they have a psychic ability then surely they would want the whole world to know about it and prove the sceptics wrong. Regardless if there was a big crowd or not if these psychic abilities are there and this person is gifted then there would not be a problem with showing it. Crikey these 'psychics' are on television all the time anyway so whats the difference? I can think of several two being:

1 )that the people watching them in the first place are believers anyway and its so much easier to perform.

2) they are afraid of being tested in a scientific surrounding because in reality they do not possess what they say they do and this will prove it.

What you have written above is just an excuse and something that I have heard many times by apparently gifted psychics.

These tests would be done under certain conditions where I doubt very much there would be a large crowd.

I say again, If these 'gifts' were genuine then science would have to change its views and isn't this what these people want? So why does this not happen? People have had many chances to prove the sceptics otherwise and haven't. Yet Science has proved these 'gifted' people wrong time and time again...makes one think doesn't it. wink2.gif

Research has shown that there is no evidence and no proof that these abilities are genuine. Oh and no-one is shouting liar on here.

Where have you seen these findings? This research? Can you paste a link so I can take a look? Oh and no-one is calling them idiots either on this thread...You are seeing what you want to see which appears to be very much like psychic abilities.

394152[/snapback]

A million dollars can neither prove nor disprove the existence of paranormal phenomena.

For example:

"Quantum - Physics", has determined the existence of at least 11 different dimensions, which parallel our own, ( see PBS / NOVA series: Elegant Universe: "String Theory").

According to this theory, one could be standing next to oneself in a parallel - universe and be completely oblivious to the fact.

Could this be considered a paranormal reality?

I say - "Yes".

Can I prove it and claim a million bucks?

Without a particle - accelerator the size of a football field and better understanding of "Quark - theory" - No.

Does that make it any less real ?

The above example, is my humble, attempt, at presenting a paranormal state of reality, which modern physics is only beginning to accept and understand.

It is a frontier of science that I am sure Einstein and Tesla dreamed about.

Can a million dollar bet prove, nor disprove a "Parallel - Universe", "UFO Phenomena", an "Out - Of - Body - Experience" (OOBE), "Remote Viewing" (Ingo Swann), "Crop Circles", "Ghosts", or any number of unexplained mysteries?

"No".

Does that mean that any of the above is non - existent and purely imaginary ?

Would space - debris from a UFO get me or anyone else that million bucks?

I rather doubt it.

I am not here to bash skeptics, nor confirm believers.

I am here merely to state that paranormal science is far too complex and misunderstood at present, to have someone place a monetary - bet, as to whether it is real or illusionary.

Debunking a few charaltans neither disproves, nor proves, the reality of paranormal phenomena. There have been actual laboratory tests performed upon individuals with paranormal capabilities, i.e. Russian telekinetic moving box of matches(?) under a glass dome in 1960's, which was recorded on film. Did this person receive a million bucks? No.

Would someone get the million bucks for performing that same feat today ?

Of course they would, right ?

That million bucks is just sitting there waiting to be claimed, by anyone who dissolves a cloud with mind over matter.

Why I bet that ole' million has been claimed already.