Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeptic offers $1M in paranormal challenge

UM-Bot

offer me a loyal legion of armies and key to my own country and i'll come out with "powers". until then don't talk to me...i have no power.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• Loge

• scipherel

• Shadowsleet

Why? Gee... you'd think someone with the actual abilities would jump at the chance to make 1 mil...

425208[/snapback]

Not that easy Stellar !

Take my point.

I have to use my precious annual leave.

I have to leave my family.

I need extra money for my expenses.

And if i got swindled, i will be the most stupid person on earth.

It's not about one million dollar.

Just a reasonable payment.

i meant that when you stimulate the primary sensory cortices of the other senses, you have hallucinations of things that aren't there.  if the angular gyri are the "primary sensory cortices" of ESP, then stimulating them is causing hallucinations of paranormal experiences, such as OBEs, and just because those aren't real doesn't mean that all paranormal experiences aren't real.

425034[/snapback]

But the point is that we cannot assume the angular gyri have anything to do with ESP because we haven't yet shown that such a thing as ESP exists. What we have shown, however, is that we can produce the exact effects claimed as paranormal as an illusion, as the effect of an artificially stimulated mind. This strengthens the idea that ESP is nothing more than a confusion of sensory signals, as opposed to some sort of unexplained phenomena. Ultimately, it is further evidence on the side of paranatural phenomena not existing as anything other than illusion.

Not that easy Stellar !

Take my point.

I have to use my precious annual leave.

I have to leave my family.

I need extra money for my expenses.

And if i got swindled, i will be the most stupid person on earth.

It's not about one million dollar.

Just a reasonable payment.

1. Ask for annual leave. This should be the christmas holidays anyways

2. Take them along (you said you make 1k a week - you're telling me you don't have enough money disgust.gif )

3. Like i said, you make 1k a week

4. If you got swindled it'll be because you have no powers not the other way. If the guy was a fraud then you can expose HIM

5. That's just a dumb arguement.

I'm sorry but that man is a fool, a complete fraud. Absolutely no one just comes up and says "gee, i'll hand over 1 million dollars if you show me your talents". I'm sorry, if my grandfather who was rich, and yes in fact he was a b****** and wouldn't hand out any money, this guy wouldn't either. All of them are the same... disgust.gif

424452[/snapback]

Well, my uncle is rich and he spends his money freely on relativies and friends. He is not "a b****** and wouldn't hand out any money" and they are not 'all the same' disgust.gifmad.gif

424465[/snapback]

I apogilize if i came across the wrong way, i didn't mean to put it in a totally bad way. The only reason why i said that all rich dudes are the same, is because all you here in the states is rich dudes not giving there money to there families. You hear the stories around town, on the internet, radio, tv etc etc. I know most of them are not to be believed, but there are alot of people in this country that wouldn't part with it. Believe me, it wasn't my intentions on coming off as a jack a. There alot of rich people in north america that would do that anyway, that's why i said that. I do apoligize if i caused any heat though. I know things are different in other countries (australia, europe, asia etc etc etc). But things are nontheless a little different here.

relax. I wasn't really really p***ed off. He's just my uncle anyways tongue.gif

BTW

they live in Indonesia. In fact, most of my relativies who live there are rich

relax. I wasn't really really p***ed off. He's just my uncle anyways tongue.gif

BTW

they live in Indonesia. In fact, most of my relativies who live there are rich

425797[/snapback]

I've always wanted to visit brunei, i heard that the sultan there is loaded beyond our wildest dreams. Beside, i would love to walk on sidewalks that are marble hehehe tongue.gif . *dreams of the warm of the pacific* *drools* um, i know this is a bit off topic, but how cold is it there in australia? It's starting to snow here, fascinating, it makes the sky so bright with the reflection....indonesia, i would love to go there to. I heard many of them are in the construction business mostly.

Edited by malakiem

• 1 month later...

For all of the people who think they have supposed psyhic abilities here is a link to the 1 million dollar challenge that has been mentioned many times. I am sure with all the psyhics on this board the million will be gone quickly.lol

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Yea. I love that one. thumbsup.gif Or even better that is beneath them.

Gufzoo, please show me a post that has this link. It seems there can never be enough of " I have pshyic abilities.", but you don't want a little realism thrown in.

Ugh, we do NOT need another thread like this...

Use the search function before posting a new thread, huh?

494677[/snapback]

And which other thread has this info about a millin dollar reward, can you link please? I remember Insight offered a grand but that was slightly (ok a lot) different... w00t.gif

Gufzoo, please show me a post that has this link. It seems there can never be enough of " I have pshyic abilities.", but you don't want a little realism thrown in.

eric - I don't care whether the topic of a new thread is believer or skeptic in content, so long as it is original. My point was that there have been plenty of threads about this offer, so if you have something to add to that topic, you should look to see if there's already a thread about the topic before beginning a new one. Saves the mods the trouble of closing/combining the threads later. Case in point... this thread...

And which other thread has this info about a millin dollar reward, can you link please? I remember Insight offered a grand but that was slightly (ok a lot) different...

Richdog - there's been tons. Try the search engine thumbsup.gif .

Is it that hard to proof your powers? this just makes you people less and less credible

Hotoke - yes, it is that hard to prove some abilities, the real ones at least. So far as I've experienced them, they are completely subconscious and uncontrollable.

Edited by gufzoo