Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clouds look like a city

coolguy

Fake.

First there was ufo's in clouds.. now there is cities on clouds.

Not fake..it is simply science.

Seeder might reply here on it but it is just a condition called "Fata Morgana" or something. Has to do with atmospheric conditions being such that it acts like a magnifying mirror, reflecting images of relatively nearby objects into areas like the sea or even forests.

Some like to think it is paranormal but it is just a natural anomaly.

• Like 7

Not fake..it is simply science.

Seeder might reply here on it but it is just a condition called "Fata Morgana" or something. Has to do with atmospheric conditions being such that it acts like a magnifying mirror, reflecting images of relatively nearby objects into areas like the sea or even forests.

Some like to think it is paranormal but it is just a natural anomaly.

So magical sorcery done by evil enchanters then?

To point, I do agree. The images are stunning in their beauty and give an otherworldly feel.

• Like 1

It's beautiful. I wonder if anyone will be able to identify the miraged city. It reminds me of the game Shadow of the Colossus or ICO.

• Like 1

anyone wanna bet that this is some viral ad stuff for a video game?

• Like 2

Seems fake except it was witnessed by thousands of people and filmed and photographed at all angles. It's one sick mirage or a hologram

• Like 4

I've heard of floating cities up in polar regions from decades ago. Just a play on atmospheric conditions is what experts imply.

First I've heard of a "Fata Morgana" reading up on it, it says its generally a narrow band just above the horizon, this if real looks neither narrow or just above the horizon.

• Like 3

this one reminds me the Limbo city from Inception. The one with all those tall buildings...

Fake.

What and original response from an UM member. For a second here I thought I was in paranormal section.

I guess those hundreds of witness in one of the most populated countries in the world just imagined it.

#21: It could have easily been photoshopped dude. I frankly don't buy any strange and unusual images I see on the web anymore. I've become sadly super-skeptical.

... it was witnessed by thousands of people..

..I guess those hundreds of witness in one of the most populated countries in the world just imagined it.

And I guess those hundreds (er.. thousands?...hey let's call it MILLIONS - pass it on everybody!!) of folks are all responsible for JUST this one lousy piece of youtube video.

And where are the actual Chinese media reports other than what appears to be a copycat of the same youtube video (possibly shot off a screen..), shown by just ONE (gullible) tv station? Gee, a tv station has never been caught out *before*, broadcasting what turned out to be a hoax, have they.. :whistle:

I'd spend a bit more time investigating the mirage possibility if this all didn't lead back to the same source and one crap video that looks an awful lot like a certain scene from a certain movie.. Does anyone have any leads to a credible report, and other pictures from different angles - you know, all the ones from dashcams, security cams, and gee, maybe one of the hundreds might have had a smartphone with a decent camera? Nah, it all happened too fast, right???? Note that this was faked happened over 6 days ago....(see below) If ever there was a good example of what I and others were saying about "where's all the good footage, now that every man/woman/dog and car has their own HD camera...".... here it is...

So I'm gunna go out on a limb here and also call HOGWASH - FAKE!!! If I have to retract that in the fullness of time as all the dashcam footage and all those hundreds of witnesses come forward with their recordings, I'll happily do so and apologise...

FTR, and those who wish to investigate,

is the earliest source video I can find (6-7 days old), and it says it came from somewhere else, however, that channel is well known for posting hoaxes - take a look at their other stuff. The only others who have picked it up are tabloid rags..

I don't think I need to be scared of having to apologise. Indeed, once the truth comes out, those who gullibly believed the "hundreds of witnesses" claim and then told off skeptics for ignoring these alleged witnesses (all of whom but one didn't manage to get out their camera..), yes THEY might be advised to give that apologising stuff a try - it's a good way to learn... I'm talking to you Atuke, and you, Troublehalf..

Finally, while I guess there is a tiny possibility that a mirage of some sort could cause something like that, I'd LOVE to see the optical path and weather conditions that would explain it...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4