Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Challenging U.S. Foreign Policy

Yamato

"One of the 'hidden' objectives of the war was precisely to restore the CIA sponsored drug trade to its historical levels and exert direct control over the drug routes."

The spoils of war: Afghanistan's multibillion dollar heroin trade

http://www.globalres...heroin-trade/91

It's always about the money. All wars are bankers' wars.

That chart is hard to believe. But it's a perfectly plausible reason for why we'd make the Taliban the enemy though. And we're all basically just making heroin with it, Jesus! Maybe if more people would just give opium a try before going to the guy in the long white shirt to try another synthetic molecule with various atoms dangling off it from down in the rat lab. Where's all the poppies over here? Again we're scared to death of a plant, and so we can't have something growing in the ground over here that someone can use to relieve their pain and stop suffering They have to extract precisely what they want out of a plant and throw away the rest of the plant. Glaxo, Pfizer and Eli's job. I'd lower taxes for all the pill mills but I'd decriminalize the competition. There's no reason grandma shouldn't go to bed every night taking a little Opium a far safer, gentler and more effective pain killer than having to take a smaller dose of some toxic legal heroin. Our policies have no compassion and if we ignore our policies we don't either.

What's sticking out like a sore thumb is 2001. What's up with that? We didn't invade until October 2001 so an anomaly that huge can't be explained by the invasion. I remember reports in the media in 2001-2002 that the Taliban was cracking down on far more places inside Afghanistan than it had before. They would forbid the cultivation of the wrong flower (huh, doesn't that sound familiar?), or make women wear beekeeper suits (just as dumb as forbidding flowers). Then we started hearing horror stories which represented the worst of their behavior and it became a lot easier to kill them too. This mission creep began very quickly after we got there and the media made it all but impossible to resist.. The women's rights business was a big selling point for a wider war. A wider war that would be necessary to go into the heroin business like bosses. If they're producing that much opium these days OMG, Afghani women should have much better lives too.

• Like 1

Yamato, would Syria be better off with or without him. his people seem to think they're better off without him. do we get any of our equipment back after we aide people ? I saw some pretty neat stuff they're being trained to use. I think the equipment the Turkish man used to take down the Russian plane was American equipment.

who exactly are the Houthis , cause I don't exactly know but this article says they first were about peace

http://www.aljazeera...2719818986.html

An F-16 shot down the Russian plane to which I immediately questioned, why does Turkey have F-16s?

Houthis are human beings and rebels, I'm sure they want freedom which is a necessary ingredient in peace. I'm not going to paint the Houthis with any broad brush in some rationalization of Saudi Arabian foreign policy. Oh, but I'm sure some Houthis did some really bad stuff. So the earnings statement of the military industrial complex looks great for the stockholders and bondholders, it looks like bloody traumatized children in the streets in Yemen. I will sentence no child to hell because their parent is a Houthi or a non-Houthi. That's none of our business. Recently Saudi Arabia had the biggest single arms deal in US history, now we see what it's being used on. That Saudi Arabia is so savagely attacking these people, I guess the non-Houthi regime in Yemen is really super awesome to have the polar opposite foreign policy on Yemen that we do in Syria.

Someone here who blissfully ignores US foreign policy will have to explain to me how Bashar al-Assad is so much worse than King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud.

For all the simple minds who want to make this about "Islam", yeah, there go a pair of real fundamentalists right there.

assad2.jpg

• Like 5

Here's some more :

11rsjgj.jpg

ndmt8n.jpg

2nqr4ts.jpg

Now he's supposedly so 'foul' that our Western leaders would even prefer radical Islamists to his regime. Go figure.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 2

An F-16 shot down the Russian plane to which I immediately questioned, why does Turkey have F-16s?

Houthis are human beings and rebels, I'm sure they want freedom which is a necessary ingredient in peace. I'm not going to paint the Houthis with any broad brush in some rationalization of Saudi Arabian foreign policy. Oh, but I'm sure some Houthis did some really bad stuff. So the earnings statement of the military industrial complex looks great for the stockholders and bondholders, it looks like bloody traumatized children in the streets in Yemen. I will sentence no child to hell because their parent is a Houthi or a non-Houthi. That's none of our business. Recently Saudi Arabia had the biggest single arms deal in US history, now we see what it's being used on. That Saudi Arabia is so savagely attacking these people, I guess the non-Houthi regime in Yemen is really super awesome to have the polar opposite foreign policy on Yemen that we do in Syria.

Someone here who blissfully ignores US foreign policy will have to explain to me how Bashar al-Assad is so much worse than King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud.

For all the simple minds who want to make this about "Islam", yeah, there go a pair of real fundamentalists right there.

assad2.jpg

the military equipment I'm talking about was placed on a tripod by a rebel fighter someone was also filming as the pilots parachuted down. I was told that it was American equipment. It was a really weird hearing the long cries to Allah. who does that in war? i guess they do.

I don't know if the other rulers at the time had Isis in Syria . Maybe that's why ? It's not that simple. I think the timing of all that's transpired had a lot to do with making a decision to aide the rebels fighting against him.

Here's some more :

11rsjgj.jpg

ndmt8n.jpg

2nqr4ts.jpg

Now he's supposedly so 'foul' that our Western leaders would even prefer radical Islamists to his regime. Go figure.

Hey, they aren't of my countries leaders. The U.K has caused enough problems in the world over their lifetime.Are you justifying Assad as not being a tyrant because he snapped a few pictures with the insane monarchy ?

Edited by Ellapennella

Hey, they aren't of my countries leaders. The U.K has caused enough problems in the world over their lifetime.Are you justifying Assad as not being a tyrant because he snapped a few pictures with the insane monarchy ?

107l1cn.jpg

Assad and former U.S. President Jimmy Carter

Assad is no more a tyrant than most leaders in the Middle-East and Africa. Our leaders knows it. We are simply being irresponsible by pushing a geopolitical agenda and supporting rebels, most of which are Islamist groups. We are weakening the governing insitutions of this country creating chaos as a result. Assad is certainly not the nicest guy, but he's no extremist and can be reasoned with. He's a secular dictator that is facing a rebellion armed & trained by foreign entities.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 4

"One of the 'hidden' objectives of the war was precisely to restore the CIA sponsored drug trade to its historical levels and exert direct control over the drug routes."

The spoils of war: Afghanistan's multibillion dollar heroin trade

http://www.globalres...heroin-trade/91

It's always about the money. All wars are bankers' wars.

it's always been financial, even before we went into Iraq. among themselves they've always fought . I guess Osama Bin Laden's ideology lives on in their world. they're all about it.

the military equipment I'm talking about was placed on a tripod by a rebel fighter someone was also filming as the pilots parachuted down. I was told that it was American equipment. It was a really weird hearing the long cries to Allah. who does that in war? i guess they do.

I don't know if the other rulers at the time had Isis in Syria . Maybe that's why ? It's not that simple. I think the timing of all that's transpired had a lot to do with making a decision to aide the rebels fighting against him.

If you're referring to a machine gun that shot one of the pilots up when he was parachuting in, who built the gun is a trivial matter compared to the behavior that shooting a parachuting pilot to death is a war crime. If I had to account for every weapon being used for violence over there as a US manufactured weapon, I'd have a million more reasons to agree with myself that I don't need.

Wolf Blitzer just assured us for the 100th time that pro-ISIS Turkey is our "ally." We still can't figure out that our "ally", the Islamist regime of Erdogan, is anti-Kurd. I'm willing to bet money I'm the only member of UM who's ever even said that before and probably one of the very few who even knows it. That's the problem with mass ignorance of what we're doing over there. The best hope of foreign policy change we have, President Rand Paul, and even he wants to arm the Kurds. We can arm the Kurds, but we can't have Turkey as an ally too; pick your poison.

Wolf Blitzer just repeated at least five times a meaningless blurb that Obama said about Putin, Obama doesn't expect a 180o turnaround out of Putin any time soon. People get wet when it rains. I'm still not even caught up on a 45o turnaround. What Putin has said is that Assad isn't going to be in power forever. Options for Syria's future should be discussed broadly and legally according to law. We don't live on a planet anymore where the US can just intervene militarily and raise up these puppets we select according to God knows what. We'll have WW3 before Putin turns around and walks away. In the interest of challenging US policy in Syria, what the hell do we want over there? What's so important about removing Assad that we're willing to risk WW3? Who's our boy we want to take Assad's place? If the policy is regime change, and it is, and it's to both help and hurt the terrorist propaganda "ISIS", and it is, then we must have a very good idea on what kind of regime we'd like to install in Syria. Afghanistan is a mess. Iraq is a mess. Don't the ignorant American people want some details before they prove their blind faith in their God once again?

If military intervention is the solution and Syria is so internationally important then we should want China and India to immediately come into Syria with over 1000 armored fighting vehicles and 500 airplanes. Then maybe there will be a petty chance these bureaucrats will come to their senses. I think the people running these shows are cowards, morally bankrupt cowards, and they'll fold like a piece of paper with just the slightest pressure. But we can't even apply the slightest pressure. If I can't even cajole people on UM to question the policy, what hope do we have for the general population?

• Like 2

If you're referring to a machine gun that shot one of the pilots up when he was parachuting in, who built the gun is a trivial matter compared to the behavior that shooting a parachuting pilot to death is a war crime. If I had to account for every weapon being used for violence over there as a US manufactured weapon, I'd have a million more reasons to agree with myself that I don't need.

Wolf Blitzer just assured us for the 100th time that pro-ISIS Turkey is our "ally." We still can't figure out that our "ally", the Islamist regime of Erdogan, is anti-Kurd. I'm willing to bet money I'm the only member of UM who's ever even said that before and probably one of the very few who even knows it. That's the problem with mass ignorance of what we're doing over there. The best hope of foreign policy change we have, President Rand Paul, and even he wants to arm the Kurds. We can arm the Kurds, but we can't have Turkey as an ally too; pick your poison.

Wolf Blitzer just repeated at least five times a meaningless blurb that Obama said about Putin, Obama doesn't expect a 180o turnaround out of Putin any time soon. People get wet when it rains. I'm still not even caught up on a 45o turnaround. What Putin has said is that Assad isn't going to be in power forever. Options for Syria's future should be discussed broadly and legally according to law. We don't live on a planet anymore where the US can just intervene militarily and raise up these puppets we select according to God knows what. We'll have WW3 before Putin turns around and walks away. In the interest of challenging US policy in Syria, what the hell do we want over there? What's so important about removing Assad that we're willing to risk WW3? Who's our boy we want to take Assad's place? If the policy is regime change, and it is, and it's to both help and hurt the terrorist propaganda "ISIS", and it is, then we must have a very good idea on what kind of regime we'd like to install in Syria. Afghanistan is a mess. Iraq is a mess. Don't the ignorant American people want some details before they prove their blind faith in their God once again?

If military intervention is the solution and Syria is so internationally important then we should want China and India to immediately come into Syria with over 1000 armored fighting vehicles and 500 airplanes. Then maybe there will be a petty chance these bureaucrats will come to their senses. I think the people running these shows are cowards, morally bankrupt cowards, and they'll fold like a piece of paper with just the slightest pressure. But we can't even apply the slightest pressure. If I can't even cajole people on UM to question the policy, what hope do we have for the general population?

Yes I heard him say everyone knows Putin's been striking rebels I also heard him say (not so long ago) that Putin agreed to only striking isis unless if others got in his way . He has hope in Putin though. He thinks he'll come around soon. hopefully. I don't like it when Putin turns angry. He sometimes threatens with the worst thing of all.

Assad, did he really kill hundreds of thousands of his people by chemicals? hundreds of thousands? knowing that Syrian rebels are fighting against Isis and against Assad both and dealing with Russia striking them, can't be good for Assad to remain in power, Putin has to know that. ISIS will probably keep Putin busy for a while.

Some decisions Barack's made seem to steer our people away from being involved in their civil unrest across the middle east and away from Syria for as long as he was able to. Does it seems to you that Barack's being pressured or something? I

Why would Wolf Blitzer even suggest they're allies, is what I wonder. Tuirkey's a problem , have you seen that they may have been purchasing oil from Isis . Barack looks tired, of it all., heard him mention that there's been so much blood shed there. Jeb really has nerve to run for office.

Oh, the equipment was something to do with I think radar. it wasn't a machine gun. remember the men we trained who ran and left our equipment for isis. I also think about all those weapons we aided others with.

There's a few conficting views of Syria from things I've been reading.There's a documentary that I want to see, it explains everything that's going on there. I'll share it soon as I find it .

Putin's come out with a lot to say about the Turkish president and it's affiliation with I think Isis. I hope we can actually trust Putin from this point on with all information he releases, right? you think Putin's information is absolute straight , is there any probability in that he would take advantage of any area he could manipulate being that Turkey is what they, is?

The whole idea of policy in itself from whatever it may be ,at any time now and future wise seems to me to be the decision making and choice of usually a plane to fix a crises, sometimes policy serves better issues. But it seems that they are or have been made too fast at many times. I think that people in their positions closer to these decision making solutions of policy are also learning themselves. I thought think Syria may not have at this time any sense of predictability in it's future.

I admire that you and others were not fearful to help others from Syria fleeing their home land. Bush's war and the people in the world over there living in shambles and poverty , seem to want a more democratic western form of government but that the old religion keeps them back, no?

Here's another revelation regarding our foreign policy nobody talked about. Israel's Atomic Energy Commission supports the Iran deal.

http://www.usatoday....-deal/74408912/

Nevertheless, and right on time for my pre-debate predictions, Donald Trump now thinks it's a terrible deal. He thinks Barack Obama hates Israel. Fine, so long as Israel's Atomic Energy Commission hates Israel.

We're giving away billions every year to who we hate just because we can. Imagine how much we must hate Australia and Switzerland. We're so hateful, shame on us. Here I thought we'd be glad we didn't start a war with Iran on bad intelligence.

Yam, one of us is going to have some crow to eat not far down the road. I will publicly apologise here if Iran has not assembled their weapon (s) before January, 2017. That's assuming any of us are here at that time. The M.E. today is like a wildfire getting ready to jump a road... imagine a nuclear Iran in this situation. (not you, open minded people who might be reading) The tensions are going to be magnified and mistakes can come with a horrific cost. Iran's leader is actually shaming Obama with his lack of a spine. I never thought I'd see a foreign power with a tiny fraction of the military ability of the US, HUMBLE us in such a way. That damned man.....
  • Like 1

Yam, one of us is going to have some crow to eat not far down the road. I will publicly apologise here if Iran has not assembled their weapon (s) before January, 2017. That's assuming any of us are here at that time. The M.E. today is like a wildfire getting ready to jump a road... imagine a nuclear Iran in this situation. (not you, open minded people who might be reading) The tensions are going to be magnified and mistakes can come with a horrific cost. Iran's leader is actually shaming Obama with his lack of a spine. I never thought I'd see a foreign power with a tiny fraction of the military ability of the US, HUMBLE us in such a way. That damned man.....

Oh so we're all clear after January 2017, happy to hear that. I also don't believe it for one second. If you're still here you'll be hoisting the fear flag up the flagpole as always. But you're going to have to remind me of what I said about Iranian nukes you thought was closed minded. Was there actual evidence in the form of a stated policy, a weapons program, or an actual weapon I wasn't open to?

If we're going to fear nuclear weapons we should fear Pakistan and North Korea, not Iran. But like the closed minded retired Pentagon Col. said in a video you likely saw that I posted recently, if the rogue nuclear regime in Israel attacked Iran, outside help would come flooding into the country and they might even be given a nuclear weapon. "They'll have more help than they know what to do with." So here's to open mindedness. Find yourself on the wrong side of the law again by attacking Iran together with all the hypocritical excuses you already have for doing so, and people will endorse Iranian nukes the way you endorse Israeli nukes.

Yes I heard him say everyone knows Putin's been striking rebels I also heard him say (not so long ago) that Putin agreed to only striking isis unless if others got in his way . He has hope in Putin though. He thinks he'll come around soon. hopefully. I don't like it when Putin turns angry. He sometimes threatens with the worst thing of all.

Assad, did he really kill hundreds of thousands of his people by chemicals? hundreds of thousands? knowing that Syrian rebels are fighting against Isis and against Assad both and dealing with Russia striking them, can't be good for Assad to remain in power, Putin has to know that. ISIS will probably keep Putin busy for a while.

Some decisions Barack's made seem to steer our people away from being involved in their civil unrest across the middle east and away from Syria for as long as he was able to. Does it seems to you that Barack's being pressured or something? I

Why would Wolf Blitzer even suggest they're allies, is what I wonder. Tuirkey's a problem , have you seen that they may have been purchasing oil from Isis . Barack looks tired, of it all., heard him mention that there's been so much blood shed there. Jeb really has nerve to run for office.

Oh, the equipment was something to do with I think radar. it wasn't a machine gun. remember the men we trained who ran and left our equipment for isis. I also think about all those weapons we aided others with.

There's a few conficting views of Syria from things I've been reading.There's a documentary that I want to see, it explains everything that's going on there. I'll share it soon as I find it .

Blitzer would suggest it and state it repeatedly because Turkey and the US are "allies", we're NATO allies. We're under treaty, sworn to defend Turkey too. That's a good example of another antique agreement we should start to consider an expiration date for.

I don't know, is there any evidence Assad killed hundreds of thousands of people with chemicals? Where did you read that? That's kinda they were saying in 2012-2013 when our govt was trying to get its war on in Syria. The reports began changing to the rebels being the ones who actually used chemicals, and the media buzz died out. Because that was who we were helping. So don't make the mistake of thinking that we actually care about who's using chemical weapons in Syria or something.

I don't think any information is absolutely straight but in the genuine interest of openness Putin's a lot more out in the open with what he's doing over there (and certainly why) than we are. We drop XX,000 bombs on God knows what on any given year. Our military doesn't have to publicly share strategic information with our people. But we'll run our mouths immediately to tell our people who Russia isn't bombing. And do you believe it?

That looks straight out of a movie to my eyes, because we sure aren't imbued with such open spectacles over here. The closest thing I remember to this was Gen Schwarzkopf with pointer in his hand briefing the media almost 25 years ago Russia's using all their pie in the sky military hardware. Fighters, bombers, tanks, ships, missiles, rockets, the whole kit. They just deployed state of the art S400 SAMs in Syria and I'd be surprised if Russia doesn't shoot down the first Turkish jet that crosses the wrong side of the line for two minutes. Does Turkey have the military to swarm Syria? I think so, and that might be what the start of WW3 looks like. And for what? Because our people are so evil or stupid that we don't have anything intelligent to say to Assad.

Obama is being pressured, of course. The military industry, neoconservatives and Zionists weren't born seven years ago. He's getting pressured from all angles as war loving as many political circles in this country are. Whether or not he wants to do what he's doing, he's still doing it. The buck stops there, whether Ronald Reagan took the plaque off the Oval Office's desk or not.

• Like 1

Blitzer would suggest it and state it repeatedly because Turkey and the US are "allies", we're NATO allies. We're under treaty, sworn to defend Turkey too. That's a good example of another antique agreement we should start to consider an expiration date for.

I don't know, is there any evidence Assad killed hundreds of thousands of people with chemicals? Where did you read that? That's kinda they were saying in 2012-2013 when our govt was trying to get its war on in Syria. The reports began changing to the rebels being the ones who actually used chemicals, and the media buzz died out. Because that was who we were helping. So don't make the mistake of thinking that we actually care about who's using chemical weapons in Syria or something.

Pardon the interruption, but I feel the same way about NATO. It should be a thing of the past, like the Berlin Wall and the Warsaw Pact. Now, Kerry is in Montenegro to extend an invitation to the Cold War club. Could the timing be worse?

Assad's been on the neoconservatives' to-do list for a long time. I'm surprised that he's still alive and kicking. I don't see why they expect things to improve after they "remove" him. The only thing that I'm sure of is that our leaders meet the proverbial definition of insanity.

• Like 1

Pardon the interruption, but I feel the same way about NATO. It should be a thing of the past, like the Berlin Wall and the Warsaw Pact. Now, Kerry is in Montenegro to extend an invitation to the Cold War club. Could the timing be worse?

Assad's been on the neoconservatives' to-do list for a long time. I'm surprised that he's still alive and kicking. I don't see why they expect things to improve after they "remove" him. The only thing that I'm sure of is that our leaders meet the proverbial definition of insanity.

You'd never interrupt PP, jump in anytime.

To add to your points, the War Club is trying to get Germany actively engaged in military action in Syria now too. That's obviously just what Syria needs, more bombs and planes and guns and troops and countries converging there to kill people. But Germany unlike us, and if they're suckered in, will leave sooner and when they say they will, if they don't wind up helping us to open another lid of global total war.

I still want China to come in with maximum effort because I think eventually the pile will get so big that even the blind will see it. It doesn't take as much insanity for other copycat countries to follow our lead in policies of aggression and that's a big part of the moral hazard Ron Paul was warning us about. Putin's not even copying us. He's just there legally at the invitation of the Syrian government to uphold the law and quite a bit of common sense too.

How could I be saying this about a Communist from the Soviet KGB?!! Hell I'm more than half way to voting for a Socialist in THIS country with as insane as Americans have become. We've been blessed with one hell of a bubble reality for many years and decades and we've gotten away with quite a lot, and people are still getting away with even more with as naive as this country is. Our people are so naive beyond the pale it's like they can't even be reasoned with. Sorry to call it, I don't do it out of hatred or animus. I love my country and it's love that makes me more vocal about this crap.

I don't understand how people could love their country and just ignore what it does. Is that how we love our children and families too?

If we don't learn our lesson before we wind up starting WW3 over another oopsie doo with Russia or what-ever? Ignorance will be the cause of WW3 imho. All the rest will be details.

• Like 3

1:21

"Who declared that war?"

I'm beyond words for the crooked smack talk that I'm hearing.

who is in control of the final decision making when it comes to an actual declaration of war? all I heard heard was congress from the official.

I can't even cajole people on UM to question the policy, what hope do we have for the general population?

I think that it's always been about reaching people, in a true sense of bringing things up, like can you believe this is happening and this is what needs to be done to change it. We're taught to never discus politics, seems deceiving to not talk about it, when morally we know what is right and wrong , but let's not discus it? I never accepted that.

ETA - I don't think this will become any other than eliminating Isis. I heard something a while ago but I ignored it because it was from Jones. He said they are going to wipe the M.E out, he went into other things of foretelling how and why but he also promotes himself off of it so I can't really take his word on anything.

Edited by Ellapennella

I don't think any information is absolutely straight but in the genuine interest of openness Putin's a lot more out in the open with what he's doing over there (and certainly why) than we are. We drop XX,000 bombs on God knows what on any given year. Our military doesn't have to publicly share strategic information with our people. But we'll run our mouths immediately to tell our people who Russia isn't bombing. And do you believe it?

That looks straight out of a movie to my eyes, because we sure aren't imbued with such open spectacles over here. The closest thing I remember to this was Gen Schwarzkopf with pointer in his hand briefing the media almost 25 years ago Russia's using all their pie in the sky military hardware. Fighters, bombers, tanks, ships, missiles, rockets, the whole kit. They just deployed state of the art S400 SAMs in Syria and I'd be surprised if Russia doesn't shoot down the first Turkish jet that crosses the wrong side of the line for two minutes. Does Turkey have the military to swarm Syria? I think so, and that might be what the start of WW3 looks like. And for what? Because our people are so evil or stupid that we don't have anything intelligent to say to Assad.

Obama is being pressured, of course. The military industry, neoconservatives and Zionists weren't born seven years ago. He's getting pressured from all angles as war loving as many political circles in this country are. Whether or not he wants to do what he's doing, he's still doing it. The buck stops there, whether Ronald Reagan took the plaque off the Oval Office's desk or not.

I don't know if there is a total number known. I heard Obama say it the other day and so I just asked here , not really knowing either, myself. I remember the conflicting back and forth stories of hearing that Assad did it and also hearing others may have been responsible. See, it's difficult to really know the truth in a lot going on. Like Putin, he get's really macho, and likes to show us all what he has- as if he's backing a new car out of his drive or something all proud of it. Something is not right about that man. Something's not right about a lot of these people leading.

who is in control of the final decision making when it comes to an actual declaration of war? all I heard heard was congress from the official.

Well all I know is, it's not a technical declaration of war from the US Congress or something, this is serious business!

Well all I know is, it's not a technical declaration of war from the US Congress or something, this is serious business!

for how many years would you say it's been serious? it's because they want chaos. I mean the radicals, of course.

I don't know if there is a total number known. I heard Obama say it the other day and so I just asked here , not really knowing either, myself. I remember the conflicting back and forth stories of hearing that Assad did it and also hearing others may have been responsible. See, it's difficult to really know the truth in a lot going on. Like Putin, he get's really macho, and likes to show us all what he has- as if he's backing a new car out of his drive or something all proud of it. Something is not right about that man. Something's not right about a lot of these people leading.

If we can't know who did it, it can't possibly be a reason one way or the other to determine policy.

Putin. He's like one of James Bond's enemies. Maybe he's Reptilian like Hillary or maybe he's a vampire like Count Vladula. Doesn't he ever age? I've seen vampires with receding hairlines, it happens! Seriously though I don't blame him for being a cult of personality. He was the mayor's boy in Leningrad-St. Petersburg if I remember right. Didn't have any ominous record in the KGB, is popular in Russia and can win elections. He seems intelligent and very level headed but wears no kid gloves when it's time to get sumpin done. We can hardly dissect Putin and not put the scalpel to Obama's record too. Maybe Putin is both evil and insane, but Ella, so are the Democratic and Republican parties. ;)

But if I was Russian? OMG then I'd care about Russia and I'd be mad as hell about Putin's interference in Syria. But the great equalizer is the fact that we're in Syria! We need to all come to our senses and use intense diplomacy with all sides including Assad. We need to sit down at a table like gentlemen and blurt out just what the heck our big problem is with Assad and international law. With video cameras rolling and Youtubers uploading. Then we can have a nice base of evidence from which to use the international courts to put the brakes on our policy. If the answers are illegal, stupid, or just plain evil, take it to court. Nobody gets hurt. Nobody goes to jail. The policy changes. Millions of lives are saved. We can divert our resources to protect our own here at home.

I feel like my only child is running around out there doing crazy terrible things so yes I will appreciate the teacher slapping his wrist for me! :)

• Like 1

I think that it's always been about reaching people, in a true sense of bringing things up, like can you believe this is happening and this is what needs to be done to change it. We're taught to never discus politics, seems deceiving to not talk about it, when morally we know what is right and wrong , but let's not discus it? I never accepted that.

ETA - I don't think this will become any other than eliminating Isis. I heard something a while ago but I ignored it because it was from Jones. He said they are going to wipe the M.E out, he went into other things of foretelling how and why but he also promotes himself off of it so I can't really take his word on anything.

I don't know anyone who has been more right about the middle east then Jones. He was calling all this out days after 9/11.

You'd never interrupt PP, jump in anytime.

To add to your points, the War Club is trying to get Germany actively engaged in military action in Syria now too. That's obviously just what Syria needs, more bombs and planes and guns and troops and countries converging there to kill people. But Germany unlike us, and if they're suckered in, will leave sooner and when they say they will, if they don't wind up helping us to open another lid of global total war.

I still want China to come in with maximum effort because I think eventually the pile will get so big that even the blind will see it. It doesn't take as much insanity for other copycat countries to follow our lead in policies of aggression and that's a big part of the moral hazard Ron Paul was warning us about. Putin's not even copying us. He's just there legally at the invitation of the Syrian government to uphold the law and quite a bit of common sense too.

How could I be saying this about a Communist from the Soviet KGB?!! Hell I'm more than half way to voting for a Socialist in THIS country with as insane as Americans have become. We've been blessed with one hell of a bubble reality for many years and decades and we've gotten away with quite a lot, and people are still getting away with even more with as naive as this country is. Our people are so naive beyond the pale it's like they can't even be reasoned with. Sorry to call it, I don't do it out of hatred or animus. I love my country and it's love that makes me more vocal about this crap.

I don't understand how people could love their country and just ignore what it does. Is that how we love our children and families too?

If we don't learn our lesson before we wind up starting WW3 over another oopsie doo with Russia or what-ever? Ignorance will be the cause of WW3 imho. All the rest will be details.

Really?

If we can't know who did it, it can't possibly be a reason one way or the other to determine policy.

Putin. He's like one of James Bond's enemies. Maybe he's Reptilian like Hillary or maybe he's a vampire like Count Vladula. Doesn't he ever age? I've seen vampires with receding hairlines, it happens! Seriously though I don't blame him for being a cult of personality. He was the mayor's boy in Leningrad-St. Petersburg if I remember right. Didn't have any ominous record in the KGB, is popular in Russia and can win elections. He seems intelligent and very level headed but wears no kid gloves when it's time to get sumpin done. We can hardly dissect Putin and not put the scalpel to Obama's record too. Maybe Putin is both evil and insane, but Ella, so are the Democratic and Republican parties. ;)

But if I was Russian? OMG then I'd care about Russia and I'd be mad as hell about Putin's interference in Syria. But the great equalizer is the fact that we're in Syria! We need to all come to our senses and use intense diplomacy with all sides including Assad. We need to sit down at a table like gentlemen and blurt out just what the heck our big problem is with Assad and international law. With video cameras rolling and Youtubers uploading. Then we can have a nice base of evidence from which to use the international courts to put the brakes on our policy. If the answers are illegal, stupid, or just plain evil, take it to court. Nobody gets hurt. Nobody goes to jail. The policy changes. Millions of lives are saved. We can divert our resources to protect our own here at home.

I feel like my only child is running around out there doing crazy terrible things so yes I will appreciate the teacher slapping his wrist for me! :)

Everything happening is so weird. Not so long ago I remembered seeing Putin singing at some social fundraiser gathering, it's just adorably funny, and now all this war footage of him takes close to if not center stage.

Yamato , it should to be the way you exampled :

" We need to all come to our senses and use intense diplomacy with all sides including Assad. We need to sit down at a table like gentlemen and blurt out just what the heck our big problem is with Assad and international law. With video cameras rolling and Youtubers uploading. Then we can have a nice base of evidence from which to use the international courts to put the brakes on our policy. If the answers are illegal, stupid, or just plain evil, take it to court. Nobody gets hurt. Nobody goes to jail. The policy changes. Millions of lives are saved. We can divert our resources to protect our own here at home.""

you would think right, wouldn't they, the superpowers, be expected to follow through in the example you've given, yeah. as what should always be transparent . This is our earth, our home, and all of nature in it, they have seriously harmful weapons that can kill & destroy maybe all of nature, I don't know. I don't know the damage they can cause over whatever it is they're really fighting about. I thought Putin loved nature. I don't think he really wants to harm the earth, at the same time is he predictable? something is really wrong with a lot of leaders.

We know they've discussed Isis and radical Jihadist together, when I think of the radicals, I don't know where to begin. My thoughts jump to several reasons of why, but even educated people who utilize modern technology , gone to our best of Universities hold true to their ideology of sharia law and Jihad against the world. Something needs to be done about Islam, is what my conscience tells me. something will happen with Islam again over the course of time for some other generation, if we ever end this.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2