Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One Of My P-SB7 Sessions

The Necromancer

I respect that you take the time to make videos to fully explain your ideas,

Have you ever asked the "radio voices" to interact with you on a physical level?

Thank you and yes, I have...twice!

Once I lit a candle and asked them very nicely "If you all can, blow this one out for me please".

I saw the flame flicker for about 10-15 minutes (yeah, I know...subtle air currents...impurities in wick...etc)

then the replies came through:

"We can't do it"

"no energy"

"there's a barrier"

"don't ask again"

The second time, I tried it with a green tennis ball and asked them to roll it along the table for me...it didn't move an inch, but what I heard was:

"It's a ball"

"It's green"

"We won't play...

......stupid game"

"Eff (the actual word) off"

I never asked them to do it again after that.

Edited by The Necromancer

Thank you and yes, I have...twice!

Once I lit a candle and asked them very nicely "If you all can, blow this one out for me please".

I saw the flame flicker for about 10-15 minutes (yeah, I know...subtle air currents...impurities in wick...etc)

then the replies came through:

"We can't do it"

"no energy"

"there's a barrier"

"don't ask again"

The second time, I tried it with a green tennis ball and asked them to roll it along the table for me...it didn't move an inch, but what I heard was:

"It's a ball"

"It's green"

"We won't play...

......stupid game"

"Eff (the actual word) off"

I never asked them to do it again after that.

Although i dont believe in it i would be interested to watch more of your videos, i find them strangely intriguing.

Have you ever done any research to who the "radio voices" were when alive?

Although i dont believe in it i would be interested to watch more of your videos, i find them strangely intriguing.

Have you ever done any research to who the "radio voices" were when alive?

Yes, indeed!

One day, there were a lot more 'help me' responses than usual, so I asked the question; "just how can I help you?' (I didn't believe in all that 'sending them to the 'Light' BS - I figured if they knew how, they would tell me, right?

So, the basic gist of it was they wanted me to get a message to their 'loved ones' on the other side.

At first, I thought that:

A. What a huge responsibility and

B. IF I was having a hard time believing this...what about their family members?

This is something that I didn't want and I wouldn't have any part of...intruding in strangers lives in their time of grief, no way in hell...

However, to 'humour' these spirits (and to try and find out what they are in the process) I said:

"Okay, I'll get a message to your loved ones, but you'll need to help me find them by telling me your full names and the year you died/how you died"

I focused my attention on William, because he comes through the loudest and clearest (and is the most annoying one out there)...

I wanted to do a whole session based on that entity who calls himself 'William' to sit down and have a full-on 'one to one'.

Through that session, I found out his name was William Jessop, he died last year when he was 49 and he fell off a roof. When I asked him where he was born/died he just said 'Australia'...but wouldn't go into specifics with me.

So, over the next week, I looked for this mysterious 'William Jessop' in the births/deaths registry...looked up 'people falling off roofs' within the last 5 years...media reports...and my investigations showed up nothing.

So, I stormed back home, turned on the box and I'm like 'William, we need to talk NOW'.

I explained that nothing showed up and he is lying to me and the reply I got straight back through the box was..

"You can't find it, doesn't mean it's not there'.

...and I recorded and documented it all.

Yes, indeed!

One day, there were a lot more 'help me' responses than usual, so I asked the question; "just how can I help you?' (I didn't believe in all that 'sending them to the 'Light' BS - I figured if they knew how, they would tell me, right?

So, the basic gist of it was they wanted me to get a message to their 'loved ones' on the other side.

At first, I thought that:

A. What a huge responsibility and

B. IF I was having a hard time believing this...what about their family members?

This is something that I didn't want and I wouldn't have any part of...intruding in strangers lives in their time of grief, no way in hell...

However, to 'humour' these spirits (and to try and find out what they are in the process) I said:

"Okay, I'll get a message to your loved ones, but you'll need to help me find them by telling me your full names and the year you died/how you died"

I focused my attention on William, because he comes through the loudest and clearest (and is the most annoying one out there)...

I wanted to do a whole session based on that entity who calls himself 'William' to sit down and have a full-on 'one to one'.

Through that session, I found out his name was William Jessop, he died last year when he was 49 and he fell off a roof. When I asked him where he was born/died he just said 'Australia'...but wouldn't go into specifics with me.

So, over the next week, I looked for this mysterious 'William Jessop' in the births/deaths registry...looked up 'people falling off roofs' within the last 5 years...media reports...and my investigations showed up nothing.

So, I stormed back home, turned on the box and I'm like 'William, we need to talk NOW'.

I explained that nothing showed up and he is lying to me and the reply I got straight back through the box was..

"You can't find it, doesn't mean it's not there'.

...and I recorded and documented it all.

Is that one on your youtube channel?

Not yet. I just started uploading these a few months back and I've had limited internet access during that time. :(

I have those ones you speak of just sitting on my hard drive waiting for when I can be arsed to hang around and wait the 3-4 something hours it takes for each uploading to happen.

However, I shall get around to doing that sometime within the next week or so.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see another, here is one of the very first sessions I did when I was just mucking around - I apologise for the poor sound quality, but I was doing it through an old PC and webcam:

As a wise man once said...

*watch this space*

Below is that very session.

I made an error previously due to recollection. William didn't say "You can't find it, doesn't mean it's not there" his exact words were:

"You can't find it, it's simple...so Dianne, don't worry'.

They also blamed a 'lack of preparedness' among many other things.

However, one spirit was willing to break ranks and go 'no, she's right'.

Which made another spirit (William) say 'shut up and die, John'

Now, the very thought of one ghost telling another to 'go die in a fire' or 'get a life' always has me rolling around in laughter.

However, the language these guys use...it's as if they are still alive (or they never 'died' in the first place).

It has me totally bewildered.

What I liked about that session is how the spirits responded more to my emotional state than to the questions I asked...however, I cannot get these 'ghosts' to lie straight in bed.

I have often thought; 'maybe that's because I am imagining it'...but I know I am not.

I hope you enjoy this session:

Another thing that I noticed about the last particular session, was it contained the clearest example of "William's" voice I have recorded so far!

I used that recording as a 'benchmark' to identify William whenever he comes through now.

Listen to the spirit who says;

"I'm 49 years old"

I mean, how clear and direct is that response? and that, my dear friends, is "William".

Now, compare that voice to the voice who says:

"Shut up and die, John"

Also, compare that voice to the one in the video where I was wasted who said:

"It's around the world...yep"

It is exactly the same voice! the same nasally, cheeky, boyish voice!

...and it's not a radio announcer because who would ever hire a radio announcer who sounded like that? and besides, 'William' can come through anywhere on the dial and at any time I use the box!

If you listen to all my spirit box sessions a few times each and compare the content, it shouldn't be difficult to hear one persistent entity calling himself 'William' come through the box...and over time, learn to recognise the unique character and tone of his voice standing out over and above all the other 'radio noise'.

I have a few examples of that still on my PC waiting to be uploaded and I might do about one a day (I have roughly a dozen in all).

I'd like to read people's comments about there sessions to try and find out if they have had any similar experiences using this (or similar) devices.

I am one of those who can't understand what is going on in your spirit box sessions, but I have been thinking about it and I wondered why, if the spirits/entities need a particular frequency to make themselves heard, why is it that you don't have to use that precise frequency to talk to them? How is it that you can just speak normally, as you would to someone else in the room with you and the spirits/entities can hear you?

I am one of those who can't understand what is going on in your spirit box sessions, but I have been thinking about it and I wondered why, if the spirits/entities need a particular frequency to make themselves heard, why is it that you don't have to use that precise frequency to talk to them? How is it that you can just speak normally, as you would to someone else in the room with you and the spirits/entities can hear you?

I don't really understand your question, but the 'spirits' can come through at any frequency along the FM band...how and why they can do this...I have no idea.

All I know is that I can hear things everybody else seems to miss....and I don't know why...

I'll give you another example of this:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265208

• Like 1

Too tired to go dig up all of my age old replies to this kind of EVP silliness. I have also read and reviewed Raudive's "studies" and that of his predecessors.

Here's a small piece I contributed to a previous thread which sums up anything you are getting on your lil device:

Frank's Box and spirit boxes in general ABSOLUTELY use the "sounds" they pick up while "sweeping" the frequencies, any other belief is total fallacy.

These devices almost never implement a Faraday Cage to atleast add some bit of control to the experiment, and if they do, the construction is usually sup-par so they don't completely keep out outside frequencies.

This devices and other methods of "gathering" evp and other auditory anomolies have been debated ad-nauseum here. I realize they OP wasn't asking for a dissertation on whether the boxes are valid or not, it's just these kind of things seem fruitless to employ without any realistic chance of them doing anything.

Too tired to go dig up all of my age old replies to this kind of EVP silliness. I have also read and reviewed Raudive's "studies" and that of his predecessors.

Here's a small piece I contributed to a previous thread which sums up anything you are getting on your lil device:

Frank's Box and spirit boxes in general ABSOLUTELY use the "sounds" they pick up while "sweeping" the frequencies, any other belief is total fallacy.

These devices almost never implement a Faraday Cage to atleast add some bit of control to the experiment, and if they do, the construction is usually sup-par so they don't completely keep out outside frequencies.

This devices and other methods of "gathering" evp and other auditory anomolies have been debated ad-nauseum here. I realize they OP wasn't asking for a dissertation on whether the boxes are valid or not, it's just these kind of things seem fruitless to employ without any realistic chance of them doing anything.

Would you like to give comment on any of my individual sessions?

It all boils down to the fact that I believe I am getting clear and logical responses, while others believe I am not.

In my own testing and experience, the box 'works'...and conveniently, there's no scientific way to prove that it does.

I have finally made the 'executive decision' that no matter what, I'm going to stick to my guns about this, and if that makes me 'ignorant' or 'stupid' in the eyes of a skeptic, or even one who doesn't like the Ghost Box for whatever reason...so be it!

Although, having said that, I would much prefer a VLF session using a Raudive TSR antenna and I also employ other methods of ITC communication as well...but I just find the SB-7 to be more convenient, and I'm also getting good responses through it...

I'm just tired of constantly defending my stance here...tired...exhausted.

Just put me in the same category as any other gullible idiot out there and be done with me, ok?

• Like 1

You have all asked for it...here it is...debunk away:

Nothing to debate. If you understood how radio waves travel and work, it is debunked.

p.s.

Find a way to put the spirit box in a box that does not allow radio signals to it. Cancel out any " interference ", and than see if your ghosts come through without the help of DJ's, News anchors, singers, etc.

Edited by Sakari

Nothing to debate. If you understood how radio waves travel and work, it is debunked.

If you say so.

...now, if you'll all excuse me, there are some ghosts I'd like to speak to.

Here is a brief explanation for how the Ghost Box actually works: By using a repetitive scan of AM radio channels, a combination of broadcasts and static noise will occur. This is similar to turning the radio dial on your car stereo system quickly. What will be heard, are a combination of stations broadcasting music, commercials, news, talk shows, and some static noise. These ongoing broadcasts communicate names, places, times, dates, and numbers, and other wordings. When the Ghost Box is used, typical questions are asked, such as, “What is your name?” or “Where are you from?” or “How did you die?” and so on. As the Ghost Box scans through these AM channels it will produce jumbled names, places, and numbers etc. that are commonly broadcast. This is not even “white noise” from which the so-called spirits of the dead or extraterrestrial intelligences speak through. It is merely the broadcasted signals providing the words as they are quickly scanned. Many supporters of the Ghost Box argue that the answers they receive are not random, but are very specific responses to their questions. To explain why this occurs, a few rational explanations can be provided through psychology.

There are a few things people need to consider when using a Ghost Box. In doing so, the so-called responses obtained from the Ghost Box will be better understood. According to psychologists, there is a phenomenon called Pareidolia. It is defined as a type of misperception involving an obscure stimulus (an image or sound), which is perceived as something clear and distinct. This is a common phenomenon in EVP analysis. If this phenomenon is applied to the Ghost Box, it becomes obvious that the responses provided through it are given a greater sense of attention. However, this does not address the argument made that the Ghost Box provides specific responses to questions asked. An explanation for this involves Subjective Validation/Personal Validation Effect, whereby a person will accept a statement or other wording to be correct, or valid. In other words, when a person asks a question during the use of a Ghost Box, they will be paying attention to words reflecting an anticipated response. Any other information that is scanned throughout the AM channels will be ignored. What the Ghost Box amounts to is a condition of cognitive bias!

https://ocprstoronto.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/the-%E2%80%9Cghost-box%E2%80%9D-fraud/

• Like 2

Before I go and commune with 'the other side', I'd like to share a personal story, despite reading the above...which I have read before said in many different ways...

You forgot to add 'wishful thinking', 'confirmation bias' and 'cherry picking' to the above. :P

One day, I went out shopping for half an hour and accidentally left my mobile phone upstairs in my bedroom.

Upon my return, I forgot all about my mobile phone and decided to make a cuppa and do a Spirit Box session downstairs in the dining room.

I just turned the box on, when two 'voices' came through very clear and distinct:

The first said:

"Check your phone"

The next said:

"Ring your mum, now"

I immediately switched off the box and rushed upstairs to grab my phone.

Sure enough, there was a message on there from my mother, who just had a fall and was in hospital.

Now, when something like that happens and there is a personal confirmation of it, anything a skeptic could ever possibly say, just gets totally blown out of the water.

Yeah...I know...coincidence.....not.

*goes and uses the device my mother sarcastically refers to as a 'spook box'

• Like 1

Before I go and commune with 'the other side', I'd like to share a personal story, despite reading the above...which I have read before said in many different ways...

You forgot to add 'wishful thinking', 'confirmation bias' and 'cherry picking' to the above. :P

One day, I went out shopping for half an hour and accidentally left my mobile phone upstairs in my bedroom.

Upon my return, I forgot all about my mobile phone and decided to make a cuppa and do a Spirit Box session downstairs in the dining room.

I just turned the box on, when two 'voices' came through very clear and distinct:

The first said:

"Check your phone"

The next said:

"Ring your mum, now"

I immediately switched off the box and rushed upstairs to grab my phone.

Sure enough, there was a message on there from my mother, who just had a fall and was in hospital.

Now, when something like that happens and there is a personal confirmation of it, anything a skeptic could ever possibly say, just gets totally blown out of the water.

Yeah...I know...coincidence.....not.

*goes and uses the device my mother sarcastically refers to as a 'spook box'

No offense, but that is just a story, A " Claim ". I have seen many make up stories to try to use as evidence. Not saying you are, but just saying.

I have been trying to find a topic I made a few years ago on just how radio waves work, and travel. Not having much luck, I have to many damn posts......

It doesn't matter what you say, mate..you'll just be wasting your time, sorry to say.

Nah, not wasting my time. I am pretty bored. Not only that, if any new people (and/or gullible ), that are not aware of how things work, and how things can be taken out of context, learn something new from my replies and links, it is not a waste of time at all.

And, as I said, no offense. I am just replying to a topic, and replying some facts. I am conversing on a open forum :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Blah,blah,blah....

Have you researched how radio waves work?.....It is actually interesting, and may explain some things to you.

Of course!

I have even studied the specifics of an all-band receiver.

However, if you are asking me to tell you what I know about it or to 'prove it', I just don't feel like writing an essay (if you look at all my threads here...apart from this one, it should be pretty obvious).

If you like though, you can attribute my 'failure to comply' with ignorance.

I know everything about the internal (and external) workings of my PSB-7 - or else I wouldn't be using the thing.

I also know that I can recognise specific voices on it (4) that can come through anywhere and at any time and I even know their names...but I'm sure there's a rational and 'scientific' explanation for that as well.

However, because anything I say about the box is just a 'claim', it's pointless even telling anybody about it, isn't it?

I should just keep all these things to myself and shut up...yeah, I get how it works. I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

• Like 1

Of course!

I have even studied the specifics of an all-band receiver.

However, if you are asking me to tell you what I know about it or to 'prove it', I just don't feel like writing an essay (if you look at all my threads here...apart from this one, it should be pretty obvious).

If you like though, you can attribute my 'failure to comply' with ignorance.

I know everything about the internal (and external) workings of my PSB-7 - or else I wouldn't be using the thing.

I also know that I can recognise specific voices on it (4) that can come through anywhere and at any time and I even know their names...but I'm sure there's a rational and 'scientific' explanation for that as well.

However, because anything I say about the box is just a 'claim', it's pointless even telling anybody about it, isn't it?

I should just keep all these things to myself and shut up...yeah, I get how it works. I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

No, you should talk about it. It is interesting. Even to us " skeptics ", it is interesting to discuss these things in a civil manner. I am happy to see people be open to discussion, and not get defensive.

You have what you think it is, I have what I think it is. As well as others. It is nice on both sides to see, and discuss claims, facts, experiences, etc.

On " both sides " it is gathering evidence, and helping us decide what it is, or could be.

• Like 2

That was a very logical post (I appreciate logic, as you may begin to understand by now).

That's why I was skeptical about my box for about the first 4 months I owned it, so I researched everything I could about it just to make sure I wasn't just 'hearing things' or it was only 'my imagination' you know?

I went into everything and researched it fully (as the links provided above show).

For months, I tried to actually convince myself this was all just 'pareidolia' or 'random radio noise' or even 'cognitive dissonance' (I am actually an unemployed psychologist, and I say this with all due humility, I have a very high IQ).

Yes, I'd sometimes go for weeks without using the box, because I thought it was a piece of pseudoscientific paranormal woo (i.e crap) - see, I can even do it better than you guys.

Fact is, I just couldn't let it go...my curiosity just kept on getting the better of me and I started to actually record my sessions and breaking them down into split-second phenomes and I fully realise our brains have a habit of putting all these together and making words...but my brain was starting to put them all together creating 2-3 whole sentences at a time, that fully made sense to me, the world around me, as well as answering specific questions I asked (even though I can't really get them to tell me anything about themselves, besides a few vague references here and there).

That fact also had me doubting the box's authenticity for a very long time, so I went back to thinking I was just 'imagining it all' again, and re-read all that information on all those skeptic blogs again - oh noes...was I doubting my 'skeptic faith'?

However, I resorted back to pure logic and reason (back in my comfort zone again) and I thought "well, even if I cannot find out just what these 'beings/entities/radio voices/whatever I cannot explain right now are...the fact remains that I can still hear full, coherrent sentences that related to the current situation, on a 200 megacycle reverse sweep of the FM band...(so I went and studied all about how 'radio waves work' yet I couldn't find an answer there either).

I even looked into the Frey Effect...random/errant RF and Microwave buzz...and even radio signals mankind beamed into space years ago...but just then my logic kicked back in again.

I am looking for the truth and for answers too and that's why I would never make a false claim (but you'll just have to take my word on that). I figure the more people who make 'false claims', the less likely anything even remotely 'paranormal' will ever be believed by other people. I didn't want to add to the list of all the 'quacks' out there.

I'm not really asking anybody to believe me, or believe in the Ghost Box..or EVP...or any otherworldly sound...I'm just seeing if people can hear what I am hearing just for a little bit of confirmation bias here, ya know? Just to make sure I'm not going crazy (although there probably is some kind of logical explanation that I just can't find right now, despite all that has been going on).

Now, I hope you all can fully realise why I tend to get just a tad defensive and touchy about this...and also what happens when you ask me things nicely.

Cheers

Well the last minute was interesting where it said "Blaise" and "Elizabeth", but that's it.

Have you tried using the ghost radio, in a reception dead zone, like a basement or tunnel, or aluminium box, anything really to block radiowaves from other sources?