Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man stung 37 times by swarm of huge hornets

UM-Bot

David Williams-Jones was attacked by thousands of the insects after accidentally stepping on their nest.

The 42-year-old, who is from Bassaleg in the south of Wales, had been visiting the Kenfig National Nature Reserve in Port Talbot with his 10-year-old son Harvey when the incident happened.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/287714/man-stung-37-times-by-swarm-of-huge-hornets

• Like 1

Wow Hornets in Wales! That's gotta hurt.

I remember seeing some low flying Warthogs over the M6, which proves a couple of myths right...Pigs can fly. And they have a hell of a sting in their tail.

• Like 1

Wow, I am glad his son get a way. I bet he'll never go into the woods again.

• Like 1

Good job he did not have an Anaphylactic shock,

The hornets seem to be getting bigger, I came across 3 not that long ago, they did not attack me, although it was in a room, but boy oh boy...they were gigantic.

• Like 1

Quite frankly, this fellow is lucky to be alive.

And then some I have seen a couple of them and the sting looks like a fine hypodermic needle.

• Like 1

Something similar happened to me years ago. I accidentally moved a small rock that was blocking the sidewalk. There was a hornet and or wasp underneath the little rock. Unfortunately I was wearing socks because it was my backyard. That little bugger bit my foot so hard that my whole foot felt like it was in a large claw like grip, think lobster. Oddly enough the bite gave off an emotion of rage. I could literally feel its rage. I ran so fast inside the house. It chased me to my washroom. In the end it had stung me 5 times in a matter of 10 seconds.

Not pleasant at all. Little buggers are MEAN! Oh and BTW. The swelling will go away eventually but it comes back weeks later for no reason it seems. This man is going to be in distress for decades if giant wasps stung him 37 times.

I take out the trash at my Job all the time and there is a Bees nest there. I see like 40 bees out all the time. The only time they get super p***ed off is when the Garbage men come and lift the 1000 pound trash can dumping all the trash into the truck. Whenever i come around they are so p***ed off after the truck left that i can actually hear there wings flying so fast lol. They don't seem to bother me that much anymore when i throw out the trash probably have gotten to "know" me since they don't attack me frequently as much. But still little asss holes will occiasional sting me at random spots and i only discover it later when i get home.

Just how big are these hornets?

Damn..Hes lucky to be alive , I was stung by a chicada killer that flew up my shirt and was stung only three times and they left welts the size of golf balls on my back..Ive been stung by just about every wasp and hornet but that cicada killer was the worst,,thought I was on fire...I feel for him.

Since when Wales have hornets?? Are they like American hornets

Just how big are these hornets?

This one flew into the house, it was (for me at least) scary huge! Luckily it curled up & died on its own. I guess it could have been easily around 4 cm long when alive

002_zps8lny4iia.jpg

• Like 2

This one flew into the house, it was (for me at least) scary huge! Luckily it curled up & died on its own. I guess it could have been easily around 4 cm long when alive

002_zps8lny4iia.jpg

Omg, that thing is humming bird size.

• Like 2

Since when Wales have hornets?? Are they like American hornets

You think those are big..Check out how big a Cicida Killer is, It makes that hornet look little..Look them up it will freak you out, When one flys by you, You can Hear it before it can be seen.

I know this probably sounds silly but the same thing happened to me here in America. I was trim a hedge and didn't see the huge paper nest. I was using a electric hedge trimmer, and was on a ladder. Someone was holding the ladder and my brother was also in the yard. These huge black hornets came boiling out of this thing and I first fell off the ladder screaming and in a panic. They knew it was ME. Off I run across the yard, getting stung, one of them was behind my glasses which I then flung across the yard (the glasses), and it stung right by my eye (horror movie),one to the back of my neck and one to my elbow. I started crying of course because the pain was so intense. There was no "leading up to the pain I told them, just instant pain". And of course the two others thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw (may they roast in hell). My stings turned red and swelled horribly (more crying;more laughing), may they roast in hell. Black wasp PTSD. Cue the next horror movie.