Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Ghost Movies

Paranormal Panther

My favorite has to be the Sixth Sense, that movie was so emotional, and the ending was just..so great.

You should have warned us with a spoiler alert. ;) Seriously, it likely was the best ghost movie of its decade. It got both commercial and critical accolades. It had the best surprise ending since "The Crying Game".

• Like 1

This was pretty good...

• Like 1

There is a taiwanese ghost movie titled Silk which I really liked. The asian ghost movies are sometimes a bit underrated.

• Like 2

I like tracking the paranormal. would like to keep doing it. it takes time though. If i get some subscibers ill continue to put pics up. Otherwise it'll be too time consuming.

• Like 1

I like tracking the paranormal. would like to keep doing it. it takes time though. If i get some subscibers ill continue to put pics up. Otherwise it'll be too time consuming.

I somewhat envy you. My paranormal chewing gum is losing its flavor.

Late to the ballgame as usual and I haven't seen a lot of flicks, especially the modern ones but:

The House On Haunted Hill (remake)

The Shining

The Fog (original)

Poltergeist

Thir13en Ghosts

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Ghostbusters

Ghost

House

The Haunting (remake)

• Like 1

One good one that got me was "Shutter" but only the Thai version, the US version is crap, I'm not sure why they feel the need to "westernize" movies that are already good and thus ruin them. Also, there's several others such as "Cursed" which is a Japanese horror film and then there's anything paranormal that John Carpenter has made which is great!

• Like 1

Ghost Story definitely had an all star cast. It's really hard to believe that movie is as old as it is. It's not a movie that you see replayed on T.V. or any pay channels much and I could never figure out why. It had a great plot and the acting was fantastic in that movie.

I finally saw it a while back after wanting to for years and...I can see why it doesn't get re-shown. It did not leave a favorable impression. Then again, it took me three tries to get through the book. It might have come across better if I'd see it when it came out.

Late to the ballgame as usual and I haven't seen a lot of flicks, especially the modern ones but:

The House On Haunted Hill (remake)

The Shining

The Fog (original)

Poltergeist

Thir13en Ghosts

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Ghostbusters

Ghost

House

The Haunting (remake)

You were late to the party, but you brought some old movies that have aged like fine wine. That was a good list.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was the only one in my family who appreciated it but I absolutely loved The Innkeepers 

• Like 1

On Sunday, November 08, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Harrythewizard1 said:

WHat are we supposed to be seeing? I don't see anything odd

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here are a few lesser known paranormal movies that you might have missed.

They are all pretty good.

Gallows Hill (The Damned)

When the Lights Went Out

The Quiet Ones

Apartment 143 (Emergo)

Lake Mungo

• Like 4

Thanks, EllJay. All of them are new to me. I'm more into crime films and gangster movies, so I must trust the judgment of horror movie experts. I'm a bit out of my element when it comes to fright flicks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Thanks, EllJay. All of them are new to me. I'm more into crime films and gangster movies, so I must trust the judgment of horror movie experts. I'm a bit out of my element when it comes to fright flicks.

Yeah try out a few of them. If you have Netflix you might find them there. I know from someone else here on the board that he found Gallows Hill there, at least. I think it might be under it's alternative title; The Damned. It was made in 2013. Check for both. These aren't the top-notch of paranormal movies, so if you haven't seen the blockbusters in that category there are literally hundreds of good movies to choose from. These are the obscure gems for those who have seen "everything" else in the genre.

Spoiler

PS: Yeah, here it is, under The Damned>> https://www.allflicks.net/movies/80008464/

Apartment 143 >> https://www.allflicks.net/movies/70230634/

I couldn't find the others on Netflix

But you can find them here>

When The Lights Went Outhttp://putlocker.is/watch-when-the-lights-went-out-online-free-putlocker.html

Lake Mungo > http://putlocker.is/watch-lake-mungo-online-free-putlocker.html

Gallows Hill > http://putlocker.is/watch-gallows-hill-online-free-putlocker.html 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mattacaster said:

Ghost Dad. Bill Cosby is terrifying :cry:

I definitely agree with your second sentence. The movie also is frighteningly bad.

5 hours ago, susieice said:

Thanks for the clip. Yet another spook film is new to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

Thanks for the clip. Yet another spook film is new to me.

This was a good one!!

• Like 1

Now old movies are right up my alley! (Mebbe ya noticed my avatar is the ghost of Dr.Mabuse in the TESTAMENT OF DR.MABUSE (1932)

.Ok-here goes-

1.The HAUNTING (1963) Of course it isn't as creepy as the book-but I can't see how anybody could capture Shirley Jackson onscreen. Robert Wise gave it a good try-and it is a classic!

2.KILL,BABY,KILL (1966) Forget the exploitive title-this is Mario Bava! -the master behind BLACK SUNDAY (1960) and...

3.BLACK SABBATH (1963) A trilogy of stories-the First one-A Drop of Water,is a shocker!

4.BURNT OFFERINGS (1976) With a cast like Oliver Reed,Karen Black and Bette Davis-ya can't go wrong!

5. The SHINING (1980) -of course. Me and some friends went to see this at the theater when it first came out-my cousin Tina ran out into the lobby when Scatman got hit with the axe!

• Like 2