Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cop manhandles unruly student

Hawken

I am in no way defending her. AT ALL. She should have been removed , not smashed. That officer was plenty strong to pick her up desk and all (i remember seeing this happen when I was a kid in school) and carry her from the room.

That was exactly what I was just about to post. Hell, he could probably have bench pressed the girl and the chair...

She was in the wrong, but could have been handled in many ways that didn't involve violence.

LEA seriously need to stop employing these hotheads. These are the kind of things that spark riots.

• Like 1

Here's a link on a white cop that manhandles a white male college student on the beach back in spring of this year.

I don't recall this making National Media Coverage but only Local Coverage.

http://1079ishot.com...ing-break-2015/

While I don't deny race is a factor in everything. I think that in this instance its a matter of momentum. I can show you videos from across the nation of just about every skin tone you can think of being assaulted by overzealous cops and I think they're starting to go more mainstream thanks to the attention of folks like Mr. Tarrantino.

He was fired yesterday. Dark_Grey, where did you hear that the student was punching the cop? I've been seeing this story for a few days now and that's the first I've heard that.

Yes, same here. And I want to ask, if the officer was having a hard time getting her to leave the class room and go with him, why didn't he call for back up? Wouldn't that be standard procedure?

The pay argument is interesting, when I was flirting with law enforcement I noticed the disparity across the nation in how departments pay. My local PD started officers at 65k a year while Baltimore started at 25K a year.

Hiring practices also need to be examined with departments actively refusing officer applicants who are too intelligent! No im not making that up :

http://abcnews.go.co.../story?id=95836

I believe you. It seems that same outlook is also within the military. Well, from my observation. While my hubby, (and us) were stationed on AF bases, I found it interesting, from what I was told, that those who scored low on ASVAB tests, ended up as SP's. (security police) Doesn't say a lot about how some view them, if this is the case, does it?

The LEO was over the top. His reaction didn't fit, but with that being said, it doesn't change the fact that their exists in the US a climate of disrespect for authority for perceived abuse of power. From government, to public schools, to law enforcement, almost all power holding entities that exist in this country have been diminished in the eyes of the public by a victim hood mentality that is perpetuated by American media, the school system, and just downright privilege and the spoils of having it so good, so easily. We are spoiled rotten here, and there are so many getting something for nothing that they get entitled, and it's that sense of entitlement that leads to narcissistic behavior, and narcissism is rampant and out of control IMO in the US right now. Government and authority have to be checked and there have been cases of brutality, but the opportunistic climate that exists for those who claim victim hood exacerbates and antagonizes a problem that would otherwise be minor.

Working in retail all my adult life, I cannot disagree with you. And I see it in all levels, race, gender, class, and education. ( I also get surprised pleasantly, that all levels have shown thoughtfulness and such as well, but it's not as plentiful as this) I have had the :rolleyes: on a daily basis. It just drives my will for anything lately. I just wonder, if it's our education system or not. Something needs to be done.
  • Like 3

While I don't deny race is a factor in everything. I think that in this instance its a matter of momentum. I can show you videos from across the nation of just about every skin tone you can think of being assaulted by overzealous cops and I think they're starting to go more mainstream thanks to the attention of folks like Mr. Tarrantino.

I don't deny that there are cops out there that use excessive force and need to be removed. I just don't like how the media such as

NBC, ABC and CBS seem to try to make a racial issue out of it. It's almost as if they're trying to destroy what Abraham Lincoln,

Martin Luther King and others built on.

• Like 1

Here's a link on a white cop that manhandles a white male college student on the beach back in spring of this year.

I don't recall this making National Media Coverage but only Local Coverage.

http://1079ishot.com...ing-break-2015/

Hardly comparable.

A 25 year old man who's been reported for threatening college kids on a beach, compared to a stubborn 16 year old girl in a school classroom.

I don't deny that there are cops out there that use excessive force and need to be removed. I just don't like how the media such as

NBC, ABC and CBS seem to try to make a racial issue out of it. It's almost as if they're trying to destroy what Abraham Lincoln,

Martin Luther King and others built on.

I agree, I hate when race gets brought into it because it completely derails the larger issue of how our law enforcement , well of how our law enforcement exists in general. There needs to be a national conversation about the police system in America from top to bottom. 9/11 and the hysteria thereafter has left us with a seriously militarized presence roaming our streets. Many of those officers have received much more training on how to kill people in the military than they ever will on how to police citizens.

I hate to go there but on a certain level I feel like that poem from ww2, "first they came" is happening here in America. First they came for the black's rights but I wasnt black so i didnt speak up, then they came for the mexicans but I wasnt hispanic so i said nothing . Now theres a steroid using musclehead in body armor holding an AR15 in MY neighborhood ...and its too damn late

• Like 1

I think the officer was just trying to impress the teacher...:) Seriously though....this is typical of most Police officer's...they seem to think that the badge and gun gives them the authority to violate your rights and they know (based on history) the average person just has to take it. Police have always use excessive force...it's only in last few years people have started to actually complain and stand up to say no more.....because in the past we had no choice but accept it.

Now...this teenage girl...(I don't give a rat's ass if she is rainbow colored...has nothing to do with race) she should have done as she was told. But...especially because she is Black...she is taught to disrespect authority...and it is a learned behaviour that most Blacks are taught. First of all....she refused to listen...disrupted the class...and basically told the teacher that she was going to do what SHE wanted to do. Again....this is especially indicative of Black Females....another learned behaviour.

My issues with this whole scenerio is that SHE asked for confrontation...BUT....this Jackhole officer acted like she was a grown man in a prison who refused to go back to his cell. There are a number of ways this situation could have been dealt with...and he chose the wrong one.

This young lady's parents should at least acknowledge her wrong doing...but of course that won't happen. In fact...who do you think probably hired a Lawyer 5 minutes after they found out.

The officer was fired....GOOD..!!! But....this young girl needs to learn to respect authority regardless. This racial card BS is getting out of hand. You can't even look at a black person wrong or they scream your racist. Well....from my experience...it's the majority of Black's who are actually racist.

• Like 7

I think the officer was just trying to impress the teacher... :) Seriously though....this is typical of most Police officer's...they seem to think that the badge and gun gives them the authority to violate your rights and they know (based on history) the average person just has to take it. Police have always use excessive force...it's only in last few years people have started to actually complain and stand up to say no more.....because in the past we had no choice but accept it.

Now...this teenage girl...(I don't give a rat's ass if she is rainbow colored...has nothing to do with race) she should have done as she was told. But...especially because she is Black...she is taught to disrespect authority...and it is a learned behaviour that most Blacks are taught. First of all....she refused to listen...disrupted the class...and basically told the teacher that she was going to do what SHE wanted to do. Again....this is especially indicative of Black Females....another learned behaviour.

My issues with this whole scenerio is that SHE asked for confrontation...BUT....this Jackhole officer acted like she was a grown man in a prison who refused to go back to his cell. There are a number of ways this situation could have been dealt with...and he chose the wrong one.

This young lady's parents should at least acknowledge her wrong doing...but of course that won't happen. In fact...who do you think probably hired a Lawyer 5 minutes after they found out.

The officer was fired....GOOD..!!! But....this young girl needs to learn to respect authority regardless. This racial card BS is getting out of hand. You can't even look at a black person wrong or they scream your racist. Well....from my experience...it's the majority of Black's who are actually racist.

She was recently orphaned

• Like 3

Did you have a link to that information, along with the facts to back it up? Sorry if I missed it.

Hardly comparable.

A 25 year old man who's been reported for threatening college kids on a beach, compared to a stubborn 16 year old girl in a school classroom.

The point I'm trying to make is that the media is making a Race situation out of it.

Remember Ferguson and those other situations involving cops?

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 1

That really isn't a comparable situation.

You're absolutely right. A Black Girl and White Male. Big difference.

• Like 2

The point I'm trying to make is that the media is making a Race situation out of it.

Remember Ferguson and those other situations involving cops?

I think you're building a straw man argument

Did you have a link to that information, along with the facts to back it up? Sorry if I missed it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/assaulted-student-is-a-recent-orphan-living-in-foster-care_5631493be4b00aa54a4ca771

As a former LEO, it was a bit much, However that dubious student is just s hard headed b****. You're in school to learn. Why would the school allow cell phones in class? What's next popcorn and Netflix?

Ohh but confiscating or collecting them all is a violation of their rights! Can't have that.

• Like 1

You're absolutely right. A Black Girl and White Male. Big difference.

It's two completely different situations ad you know it.

I'm not taking sides in either case, but if you want to link videos that have no relevance to the topic, I'm gonna call you on it.

• Like 2

A few days ago a South Carolina police officer (Ben Fields) was called in to remove an unruly student from class

after the student refused to leave by teachers request. What are your thoughts?

abuse of power. Stupid school stupid officer stupid people who think this is alright.

• Like 1

abuse of power. Stupid school stupid officer stupid people who think this is alright.

There must be a lot of stupid people at this stupid school.

Students walk out to show support for fired S.C. school deputy

"About 100 students at a South Carolina high school walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor, according to local media and Twitter feeds.

The students walked out of classes at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., around 10 a.m. and gathered in the atrium to express their views on the firing of Deputy Ben Fields.

Some in the crowd — which included both black and white students — wore T-shirts reading "Free Fields" or "#BringBackFields."

Is there still any argument to how important context can be?

• Like 4

There must be a lot of stupid people at this stupid school.

Students walk out to show support for fired S.C. school deputy

"About 100 students at a South Carolina high school walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor, according to local media and Twitter feeds.

The students walked out of classes at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., around 10 a.m. and gathered in the atrium to express their views on the firing of Deputy Ben Fields.

Some in the crowd — which included both black and white students — wore T-shirts reading "Free Fields" or "#BringBackFields."

Is there still any argument to how important context can be?

Yeah i saw a meme that said THIS is the definition of irony, a bunch of kids disrupting class and violating rules to protest FOR a cop who beat the hell out of a kid for disrupting class and violating rules......facepalm

• Like 1

Then someone hired her a Lawyer..?? She has to have someone who is responsible for her..? Is she 18 and living on her own..? being orphaned has NO relevance to the situation...AT ALL...!!! No Gaurdian..???

Edited by truthseeker68

Then someone hired her a Lawyer..?? She has to have someone who is responsible for her..? Is she 18 and living on her own..? being orphaned has NO relevance to the situation...AT ALL...!!! No Gaurdian..???

Well i think the recently part DOES have relevance on the situation. I also just read she is schizophrenic so you have a depressed, mentally disturbed child being held to the standard of grown adults. Which makes the officers actions that much more appalling (but he didnt know ...EXACTLY and he didnt give a ****)

She is in a foster home

• Like 3

I think the officer was just trying to impress the teacher... :) Seriously though....this is typical of most Police officer's...they seem to think that the badge and gun gives them the authority to violate your rights and they know (based on history) the average person just has to take it. Police have always use excessive force...it's only in last few years people have started to actually complain and stand up to say no more.....because in the past we had no choice but accept it.

The ONLY people i have heard mention race in this matter are WHITE PEOPLE saying the exact same thing you just did.

The ONLY people i have heard mention race in this matter are WHITE PEOPLE saying the exact same thing you just did.

What are you talking about? How do you know who is white here?

What are you talking about? How do you know who is white here?

I was actually referring to my Facebook folks mostly, although I did make something of an assumption regarding the poster's race.

There is absolutely no justification for using that level of aggression against an unarmed sixteen year old girl... in a school of all places! What message does it send to the other kids in the classroom?

I agree that he seemed a little out of control. My guess is that he lost his temper while dealing with a smart ass kid. That said, he needed to find another job but my question remains - what does a school do when a teen decides to disrupt a class and no one can actually touch them? If she had refused to leave then how was he supposed to get her to go? Apparently he was the last step in a chain of events that SHE was controlling up to that point. THAT is what frustrates me about the whole thing. It seems we have given over control of our society to the lowest common denominator.
  • Like 1