Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cop manhandles unruly student

Hawken

The student put on a show. She told her friends to get their phones out to film her disruption. When I was in school she would have gotten wood across that big **** of hers. Maybe they should not have used the resource officer, but maybe called her parents and told them to come get their little thug or they are going to jail. This little witch needs to learn to respect authority and her fellow students or jail is going to be her way of life. This thug pandering and ghetto worshipping needs to stop. Behavior matters.

• Like 6

Just found this on my FB page that a friend posted. But no National Coverage on this incident.

http://www.facebook....17641705030512/

No it was just the teacher that got hurt not the student. So people can't go on about the poor innocent student which often isn't the case.

The student put on a show. She told her friends to get their phones out to film her disruption. When I was in school she would have gotten wood across that big **** of hers. Maybe they should not have used the resource officer, but maybe called her parents and told them to come get their little thug or they are going to jail. This little witch needs to learn to respect authority and her fellow students or jail is going to be her way of life. This thug pandering and ghetto worshipping needs to stop. Behavior matters.

Probably looking for a payoff.
  • Like 1

Yeah..the girl was being jerky but what the officer did was nothing more than a violent assault. Anyone else doing the same would have been rightly charged but since he is an officer than anything goes.

Yanking a person out of the desk like that then throwing half across the room is not what mature adults should be doing but since it was a kid then it is ok otherwise it would have been assault/abuse. Another example of societal hypocrisy.

Striking adults is assault but striking kids is "discipline"

• Like 3

lol sure always blame the kids, sorry but in most cases the teachers are thugs. It is the responsibility of teachers to teach kids and most teachers are incompetent or don`t know how pedagogy works, if a teacher for example would have an attitude like you (always blame kids blind submission) I surly would have rebelled the ass out of such a teacher and I would have enjoyed it :)

Also I had teachers in school no one listened to, but they stopped caring and just taught their stuff, we drank coffee sat together during his lessons, played cards etc, and it was okay, we did some of our homework and wrote tests, we passed.Some take teaching too serious.

lol sure always blame the kids, sorry but in most cases the teachers are thugs. It is the responsibility of teachers to teach kids and most teachers are incompetent or don`t know how pedagogy works, if a teacher for example would have an attitude like you (always blame kids blind submission) I surly would have rebelled the ass out of such a teacher and I would have enjoyed it :)

Also I had teachers in school no one listened to, but they stopped caring and just taught their stuff, we drank coffee sat together during his lessons, played cards etc, and it was okay, we did some of our homework and wrote tests, we passed.Some take teaching too serious.

No you are wrong.

A teacher tells you to put up your phone you do it. No mouth, no disruption. Its people like you that are causing this country all it problems. you sound like you are 15. this was a thug kid and she should be expelled and you should have been too. I know teachers who quit because kids are stupid and sit there daring them to correct them for anything. thugs should not be in school but in jail.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 3

That's like me saying this topic isn't relevant to you since you're from Germany since this is American news.

Well gee Hawks - I'm from Oz - as you know - and we still get your news here.

Infact I have good friends and some relatives living in the US - it's also become a smaller world since the interwebz... :)

We also get - and have had corrupt and extreme bully cops here - they are also dealt with - in accordance to the law.

So you are certainly not exclusive or unique in regards to this type of police brutality - where surely - people from other places can occassionally comment on such matters ?

Personally however - I mostly keep out of your politics - and gun law yada yada - - if that is any consolation ;)

Edited by Astra-

Yeah..the girl was being jerky but what the officer did was nothing more than a violent assault. Anyone else doing the same would have been rightly charged but since he is an officer than anything goes.

Yanking a person out of the desk like that then throwing half across the room is not what mature adults should be doing but since it was a kid then it is ok otherwise it would have been assault/abuse. Another example of societal hypocrisy.

Striking adults is assault but striking kids is "discipline"

keep making excuses then wonder why she is in prison or probation ten years from now. blame the cops all you want, but she is making this happen. she made a choice to be a punk and she basically got what she asked for. The good students know what's up. too bad so many adults are not dealing with the children's bad behavior. This is sick. the parents should be mad at her but typical ghetto looking for a payday. They will be visiting her at a jail or cemetery one day. I bet she has already visited her father at a jail if she knows who her father is.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

No you are wrong.

A teacher tells you to put up your phone you do it. No mouth, no disruption. Its people like you that are causing this country all it problems. you sound like you are 15. this was a thug kid and she should be expelled and you should have been too. I know teachers who quit because kids are stupid and sit there daring them to correct them for anything. thugs should not be in school but in jail.

Maybe.But you don't call in an adult thug and throw the person around. All this does is confirm that the world is violent, the adults are violent hypocrites and that anyone in "authority" is there to hurt you.

Like I said, if an adult did that to another adult then it would be labeled as an assault but since the person was a "minor" then suddenly it is ok to rip that person out of the desk, potentially causing great injuries, throwing them half across the room then practically doing a pile-driver attack to handcuff them; possibly breaking an arm in the process. But..that is so TOTALLY worth it, right? Keep everyone in line with threats of violence.

And no, I am not making excuses. Using violence to counter a problem like this only creates more problems. If we truly want peace and less violence, a more compassionate society then it will not come from broken bones, fear, hate and distrust.

Like I said, I am aware the girl was being a jerk too but adults need to handle issues like adults and not use the same thug tactics they are trying to solve.

The officer is no better than the "punk". There is always a better way but often people will only do what is easier for them which is violence. Good thing the recipient wasn't a toddler.

• Like 3

No you are wrong.

well they can`t chose whether they want to go to school or not^^, nope Ive been expelled from school with a bunch of other people, but for another reason ^^ . But I don`t regret anything other than that, but for which I have already apologized to the person involved.

I just hope you are not a teacher and yeah teachers who can`t handle this should quit (she didn't put away her phone that's all she did wtf!) The teacher could told her to phone outside, and if she missed the lesson because of this, it is the students responsibility and if she fails the test because of the missed lesson it is also her responsibility, some teachers think they need to "raise" student while their sole job is to teach them knowledge. If you want to have a slave army you better not become a teacher.

Edited by hellwyr

well they can`t chose whether they want to go to school or not^^, nope Ive been expelled from school with a bunch of other people, but for another reason ^^ . But I don`t regret anything other than that, but for which I have already apologized to the person involved.

I just hope you are not a teacher and yeah teachers who can`t handle this should quit (she didn't put away her phone that's all she did wtf!) The teacher could told her to phone outside, and if she missed the lesson because of this, it is the students responsibility and if she fails the test because of the missed lesson it is also her responsibility, some teachers think they need to "raise" student while their sole job is to teach them knowledge. If you want to have a slave army you better not become a teacher.

are you kidding me? you have to be a teenager. no adult should think like you. LOL

• Like 1

Good thing the recipient wasn't a toddler.

Hmm! ...or a 16 year old 'white' girl being man handled by a 'black' cop. Edited by Astra-
  • Like 1

I am an adult around 30 :) I would send my kid to a school with reform padagogy anyway :)

Edited by hellwyr

It's a pendulum type of thing, isn't it?

When I was young, in the particular district I was going to school, the teacher's word was the word. There was your PTA and such, but if a parent wanted to get involved to help their child with their education, they were treated with disrespect. My mother was treated with such. I and others, who either or both were not from family with money, and were not always gifted with getting good grades with no problem, were ignored. And you couldn't do a thing. Today, it's now bowing down to the parents. My neighbor retired early from teaching, because he was disgusted (understandingly) of the parents who argued with the teachers about how their student is getting shafted by the teacher, when most likely, that is not the case.

But I feel it's more complicated though, in my experienced opinion on this. Yes, back then there would be disruptive kids, who ended up being punished for their behavior. Today, there are students who are being ignored and shafted, and maybe it's good that their parents try to help them and that is probably trying to stand up to the teacher. And yes, it is also negative students today, and helpless students back then.

And it should be on the parents to hold the responsibility of this. Unfortunately, it's not always the case of parents who actually care about their children. I would include foster parents ( if this is the case of the girl in the classroom) and other guardians ie: grandparents and such who have guardianship. I think it starts there, but every family is different, and each family is started either by choice, and sometimes not.

Granted, going from full strict control in the classroom now to the power in the parent's hands was the wrong thing to do, I think.

I just think labeling one case as an example that it's all the behavior of kids, or teachers, or school cops, is too quick to do, when it could be complicated.

Frankly, despite the girl misbehaving and being 'verbally disruptive' I think that cop was violent and wrong in how he handled it. He should have had backup, or the help of the teacher in maintaining her. I think some people are just quick to want to lose their temper. I think I see this with this guy.

Then again, it's interesting that a majority of the students, whatever race, is standing up for him, so that makes me wonder.

Bottom line, I think a closer look to dealing families, education, and better ways of using discipline, is what I think should happen. But, that's my 2 cent opinion. ;):w00t:

• Like 1

keep making excuses then wonder why she is in prison or probation ten years from now. blame the cops all you want, but she is making this happen. she made a choice to be a punk and she basically got what she asked for. The good students know what's up. too bad so many adults are not dealing with the children's bad behavior. This is sick. the parents should be mad at her but typical ghetto looking for a payday. They will be visiting her at a jail or cemetery one day. I bet she has already visited her father at a jail if she knows who her father is.

The good students, huh? And how do you think the "good" students feel about the police after seeing this girl get slammed in their classroom? Whether in the military or law enforcement, the VERY FIRST thing you are taught is the use of force model. The goal of the use of force model is to use the least amount of force necessary to diffuse the situation, and to not use more force than is being exerted onto you. For example..in Iraq, if kids are throwing rocks at you, you can't shoot them. Too much force. You can't look at this video and honestly say that the cop used the least amount of force necessary. Say what you want about the girl..cry and call her a thug all you want. But, remember, we aren't trusting the girl to serve and protect our community..that WAS the cop's job.

• Like 2

The majority stands up because they want be good kids and side with the school it is some sort of false patriotism and the yearning for aknowledgment, I bet if one of those kids had been handled that way they wouldnt be so happy.

I wonder how traumatized that girl is, kids are still kids and they get easier traumatized and scarred.

• Like 1

The cop should have never hit her like that and should be fired as he was but I wouldn't have blamed him if he subdued her by force and hand cuffed her if she wouldn't cooperate. I don't know any country you have the right to refuse to be arrested or removed from property that you do not own.

I think when students turn 16 and they are troublemakers they should be expelled permanently or at least until they can prove they have changed. Let them go to nightschool. This is probably one of the reasons we are falling behind the rest of the world in education.

• Like 2

Actually in some countries it is forbidden to punish students or send them oit of classroom.

name one. you can't because its not true.

I would like to say in my day if this were to happen how it would have been handled. I guess at my school of almost 2000 kids it never happened. Nobody refused to do what the teacher said. I am not saying there was not momentary defiance. But if you were told to go see the principal you went. I think it is sad commentary that this is somehow acceptable to her parents, and adults like you. If you think the penalties for defiance of legal authority lessen as we age, you are sadly mistaken. So she can tell her boss to go shove it? she can flip the traffic cop off? Put your phone away in class is such a small thing to be asked and you compare it to slavery. Amazing.

• Like 2

The cop was wrong, no doubt about that. His firing was the correct action.

I have an issue with those sticking up for the kid. The kid needs to be expelled or at minimum put into some sort of in school suspension.

I don't blame the teacher for calling a cop down to take care of her. She is the exact type of student that is holding all the other kids back. Teachers have to deal with these kids at the expense of the good children.

• Like 1

They can't discipline them and since "no child left behind" they can't fail them and hold them back a grade. The best they can do is try not to let disruptive brats distract the students who actually want to learn. That is why as long as someone is quiet in class they really don't care anymore whether they learn anything or not. A high school diploma is not worth the paper it is written on anymore.

• Like 2